Most interesting student names?

Calling all teachers or anyone who has worked with kids at some point!

Not sure if a similar thread exists, but I haven’t seen one so here goes!

List the most unusual/interesting/unique or just your favorite names of students you have had throughout the years!

I’ll list mine too, though I haven’t been teaching long so my list will be kind of short.

Wanika (pronounced wun-EE-kuh)
[name_m]Chayse[/name_m] (girl)
[name_f]Star[/name_f] (girl)
[name_f]Queen[/name_f]
[name_m]Luciano[/name_m]
Common names spelled uniquely ([name_u]Dekota[/name_u], Adellyn, [name_m]Jaydan[/name_m])

I’m not a teacher, but when I was in school, there was a girl called [name_f]Venus[/name_f]. I think she had a sister with a unique name too but I can’t remember what it was.

I actually went to school years ago with a girl named Uneek (pronounced as [name_u]Unique[/name_u])

2 Likes

@Sky85 @anon68906791 [name_f]My[/name_f] mum is a teacher and she once had 2 girls in her class called [name_u]Unique[/name_u] at the same time :joy:

8 Likes

nope, definitely not. She also had 3 girls in her class called [name_u]Abbie[/name_u] [name_m]Smith[/name_m] (at the same time) :joy:

1 Like

I’m not a teacher but I used to be friends with a guy called [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_u]Kerr[/name_u]. But everyone called him [name_m]Joe[/name_m]. So his name was in effect JoeKer… Lol…
[name_f]My[/name_f] partner also was friends with two brothers in school called [name_m]Mark[/name_m] and [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]… Which is actually a name of a well known brand/shop here in the UK…

2 Likes

Marks and Spencers :joy::joy: Did [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] ever go by [name_u]Spark[/name_u] by any chance! And was their sister called Waitrose?

1 Like

Lol yeah and cousins Asda and Sainsburys

2 Likes

Are you in the south west ?! :grimacing:

Sorry I wondered if you might be in the south west of [name_f]England[/name_f]. :blush:

1 Like

Definitely no where near the south west of [name_f]England[/name_f] with residing in turkey then. Hah. Wow it seems a lot of parents had some love for marks and [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] then :rofl:

1 Like

When I was working at VBS, I met a little biy named [name_f]Blessing[/name_f]! That was also the first time I heard [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] on a girl

I met a kid named [name_m]Prince[/name_m] once.

Not a strange name in and of itself, but this school year I had identical twin brothers both named
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]… they mostly went by their middle names

1 Like

I knew a girl called [name_f]Yasmin[/name_f] who had 6 or 7 sisters who were also called [name_f]Yasmin[/name_f]. They all had two first names, the second of which always began with an S. She was the only one who went by [name_f]Yasmin[/name_f] and her sisters went by their second S name.

1 Like

I’m a babysitter and there’s one family who has three girls and their names are Scarl3tt, P0ppy, and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. Three RED names!

1 Like

Not a teacher, but I have worked at summer camps in the past (you know, before Covid). I would always take note of the names when working on cabin assignments. ([name_u]Dream[/name_u] job for a name nerd! Lol)

Bergen
[name_u]Karsyn[/name_u]
Kaytlynn
Lakyla
Maddyn
Meiah (Pronounced like [name_f]Mia[/name_f])
[name_f]Starr[/name_f]
Yezibel
[name_f]Zaniya[/name_f]

Maddux
[name_m]Mekhi[/name_m]
[name_m]Sly[/name_m]
[name_m]Waylon[/name_m]

2 Likes

I’m not a teacher, but there’s a girl in my school called Mailey (pronounced may lee).

I know a Maelee pronounced like that.

I went to school with a girl named Ch@yse in high school!

In college, I knew a boy named C0urt [name_f]Street[/name_f] (fn ln). Wish I could’ve worked with him on a project so I could’ve asked if he had a sibling named Road or Avenue…