Most Mismatched Sibset You've Met

@namelover55

Pronounced like “sanity”??

suh-NAH-dee :

• first syllable like in the name “selena”
  • middle syllable like in “banana”
1 Like

[name_u]Natsu[/name_u] & [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

I know a big family and two of the sisters are [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] and Marie-Cecilia

1 Like

No offence to anyone but [name_m]Jaron[/name_m] sounds like a parody of a name, more than an actual name. That’s how bad it is (at least to me!)

1 Like

I don’t know if this is exactly answering the question but I find siblings names that are too matchy to be mismatched in their own way. [name_m]Case[/name_m] in point:

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] (girl twins)
[name_f]Monique[/name_f] and [name_u]Dominique[/name_u] (girl twins)

Camila & Wenceslao
Martina & Astor
Leonardo “Leo” & Argos

super common names matched with extremely rare names, and that also have clearly different origins and don’t flow good together

1 Like

The one that always annoys me the most:
[name_f]Laura[/name_f], [name_f]Karla[/name_f] & [name_f]Juno[/name_f]

But also worth mentioning:
[name_f]Robyn[/name_f], [name_m]Jon[/name_m] & [name_f]Selma[/name_f]
Gabrijela & [name_f]Marija[/name_f] (Gabriella and [name_f]Mary[/name_f] to compare/anglicized)
[name_m]Josua[/name_m], [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] & [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_f]Angela[/name_f], [name_f]Dorotea[/name_f] & [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f] & [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Magdalena[/name_f], [name_m]Felix[/name_m] & [name_m]Fabian[/name_m]
[name_f]Miya[/name_f] & [name_u]Elia[/name_u] (b)
[name_m]Dimitri[/name_m] & [name_m]Emilian[/name_m]

Is this sibset really mismatched? I mean, they are both religious names, and I’ve probably met sisters named this before. It’d be considered normal and common where I live. I’m guessing from the spelling the girls were of Croatian / south Slavic descent.

5 Likes

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] + [name_u]Seth[/name_u]!

1 Like

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] and [name_u]Rylan[/name_u] (g)

1 Like

[name_f]Nor[/name_f] (girl) and [name_u]John[/name_u]

1 Like

Good take, I partly agree! I’m not 100% sure, but I still feel like Gabrijela is more modern and not that popular (where I’m from). In contrast [name_f]Marija[/name_f] is an absolute classic and widely used throughout most generations, but most common in older ones. Of course the origin of the names fits, but when I first heard it I was not convinced. It possibly could also be something more personal because the only three Gabrijela’s I know are under the age of 16 and I have a lot of Marija’s in my family, but most of them are over the age of 70. And btw you’re right they’re from Croatia :blush:

1 Like

i never understood why [name_m]Joaquin[/name_m] [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] was named like that, considering that his siblings are: [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Rain[/name_u] [name_u]Joan[/name_u] of [name_m]Arc[/name_m], [name_m]Joaquin[/name_m] [name_m]Rafael[/name_m], [name_u]Liberty[/name_u] Marisposa & [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
no wonder why he changed his name to [name_u]Leaf[/name_u] for a while!

3 Likes

Yes!! It’s driving me crazy

2 Likes

i know right! it has always annoyed me! i do love all of their names tho, including his but it just doesn’t go at all with the sibset
plus he totally felt left out, which makes a lot of sense
i would’ve loved if they named him [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]! i mean [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_u]Rain[/name_u] & [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] :pleading_face: would be the cutest sibset ever

1 Like

[name_m]Luke[/name_m] and [name_u]Renley[/name_u]

this one is more opinionated but margaret nn maggie and morgan

What gender is [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]? If male then I don’t think that clashes as much than if [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] were female (a core-classic feminine name paired with a more modern unisex choice).

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I totally see what you mean with Gabrijela being the more “modern” of the two, but [name_f]Marija[/name_f] is such a classic that will never stop being used. I know 80 year old women named [name_f]Marija[/name_f] as well as six year old girls, so to me it is quite a normal and expected sibset. And as I said, I think their origins tie them together very well. Funny how different perceptions can be!

ETA: may I ask where you’re from?