My babies and why they have their names...

Thank you for the compliments. It really made my day. I hope [name]Violet[/name] likes her name as well because a lot of thought and love went into naming her!
And all your names are absolutely awesome. I love that you gave your kids two middle names. Come to think of it, both DH and I have two middle names: [name]Mia[/name] Minh Hai (me) and [name]William[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Bryant[/name] (DH), but I’m not sure why we didn’t continue the trend…just didn’t think of it![/quote]

Thank you for the compliments right back! I would be ecstatic if I had a name as cool as [name]Violet[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name]! It’s just so charming :slight_smile:

Wow, that’s interesting! See, as a kid, my brother, sister and I were pretty much the only ones with only 1 middle, and it was always a little weird, so [name]Dan[/name] and I thought we’d kick start it! My sister’s DDs have 2 mn as well, but my brother’s kids just have one.

[name]Lola[/name], is that right? Am I missing something?

Here you say the gorgeous kiddies are [name]Alec[/name], [name]Tim[/name] and [name]Kai[/name]. Xanga 2.0 is Here!

In another place, they are [name]Alex[/name], [name]Tim[/name] and [name]Kylie[/name]. I’m very confused. I do love [name]Alec[/name]. It’s very handsome. So is [name]Tim[/name]. I’m assuming it’s short for [name]Timothy[/name] and not the given name? It’s very nice all the same :slight_smile:

I have two beautiful children, one boy and one girl, and a third on the way!

My daughter’s name is [name]Sonja[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]. My husband was born in Norway, and so his entire half of the relatives all speak Norwegian and primarily live in Norway. We wanted a name that would be easy for them to spell and pronounce, but that would also be familiar and acceptable here. [name]Lillian[/name] is my mother’s name.

My son’s name is [name]Forrester[/name] Kjell (pronounced - slightly anglicized - “Chell”). Kjell is my husband’s father’s name, and seeing as this name is pretty Norwegian (especially in spelling), we wanted to give him a simple yet strong first name. I was actually skimming a baby name book when I ran over [name]Forrest[/name] (Variation: [name]Forrester[/name]) and fell in love with it. Luckily hubby loved it too :slight_smile:

Aw I love alot of your kids names!. [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Lily[/name], [name]Violet[/name] Gunivere, [name]Violet[/name] [name]Sadie[/name] and all of Sophiegray’s kids names. BTW [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Gray[/name] I see you around Parentsconnect sometimes :smiley:

~[name]Bree[/name]

Oh. I’m really confused. You said on baby’s named a bad bad thing that you had two daughters called [name]Clara[/name] Pomeline [name]Adele[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Maris[/name] with twins on the way. Not twins and an older daughter. What’s going on? [name]Lola[/name] and now you :frowning:

jojojo I can honestly say I’ve never even heard of those combinations and definitely didn’t post them! I’ve never even been to a site with that name before - I stick to my few boards that I belong to

Sorry for the confusion.

Right. It must just be a case of you both liking the exact same more obscure names such as Malachite, [name]Maris[/name], [name]Florian[/name], and the combinations [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Archer[/name] and [name]Viola[/name] [name]Alice[/name] Cleophee etc. having twins and both being from [name]Melbourne[/name].

My bad, I do apologize. I should be more careful. I was just a bit bummed about [name]Lola[/name] and jumped to conclusions.

I said I didn’t write that, I never said it wasn’t from my computer, where all of the combos I like sit in a book next to it. I’m not the only person that has regular access to my computer, so there could have been a mistake, that, or someone I trust has gone behind my back and written things out of my book. If there’s a way somehow that you can pm me, then we can discuss it further if you like, because I really do want to straighten this out beause I am not a liar :slight_smile:

Liking similar names isn’t a crime! It sounds like a giant coincidence. Or this other person likes your names and is copying you or something like that. That has happened before. I hope you are wrong about the someone else using your computer scenario. That’s despicable! But, I think it’s more a case of someone getting inspiration from your lists. You should be flattered :slight_smile:

I’m sorry for jumping to conclusions. I was wrong to make assumptions.

[name]Hi[/name]! I am just curious why you are “a bit bummed about [name]Lola[/name]” and was wondering if you could elaborate a little bit? I am an occasional reader of her blog. Thanks!

Sure, okay. Well, this person’s comment (the 3rd down) made me do some investigating of my own.
https://nameberry.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=343&p=7119&hilit=Rosamel#p7119

And I now believe what she believes. Like she’s actually been quoted on other web-sites as saying she had different children and having different names and ages. I posted that link earlier on in here that I found. That sort of thing. I don’t really want to go into it like that person said in that talk about Rosamel, these boards are pretty “drama free”. I don’t want to contribute to ill feeling although I probably already have :frowning:

My children are [name]Hudson[/name] [name]Atticus[/name], who is 5… He was named after the [name]Hudson[/name] [name]River[/name], as I love New [name]York[/name], but didnt want to go the popular route by naming him [name]Brooklyn[/name]… and 5 years ago, [name]Hudson[/name] wasnt as popular as it is beomcing now… [name]Atticus[/name], because I was in the middle of To Kill A Mockingbird both, when I met my husband and when I discovered I was pregnant… and I didnt want his middle name to be Boo [name]Radley[/name] ;p
My daughters name is [name]Savanna[/name] [name]Parker[/name], [name]Savanna[/name] as an ode to my mother, [name]Anna[/name]… I deciced to drop the “H” on [name]Savanna[/name], so the “[name]Anna[/name]” part was more dominant, and also… I just think it looks cleaner… her middle name, [name]Parker[/name], comes from the last name of a very dear friend.
I am currently half-way through my pregnancy with triplets, gender unknown… anyone who has ANY suggestions… BRING’[name]EM[/name]! :slight_smile:

this is kinda fun!

my oldest, age 5, is [name]Ellie[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Ellie[/name] & [name]Sarah[/name] just because I love them, and [name]Jane[/name] is a family name! [name]Ellie[/name] fits her perfectly, shes such a little stinker.
my youngest is [name]Clare[/name] [name]Emily[/name] [name]Ann[/name], [name]Clare[/name] because I’ve always loved the name, it’s so simple and beautiful. [name]Emily[/name] and [name]Ann[/name] are both family names. I don’t love the look of her middle names (I would have perfered [name]Emilie[/name] [name]Ann[/name] or [name]Emilie[/name] [name]Anna[/name]) but both spellings are in the family.
Pregnant with my 3rd girl, who will most likely have either [name]Kate[/name] or [name]Rose[/name] as a middle name after the family.

[name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] (12)- she is my step-daughter. My husband told me that he wanted to name her [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] but, his girlfriend ([name]Monica[/name]) wouldn’t hear of it (they were breaking up during the pregnancy and she REALLY didn’t like him). [name]Monica[/name] was set on naming her [name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. However, the nurse who helped take care of [name]Monica[/name] before she gave birth to [name]Tabitha[/name] was named [name]Jane[/name], and [name]Monica[/name] did not like this nurse, at all. So, at the last minute she decided to name her [name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Olivia[/name].

[name]Caitlin[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (11)- was my first daughter. Her name doesn’t have much meaning, I just thought it was pretty. I was 17, by the way, when I had her and I really didn’t think of naming her after anyone.

[name]Owen[/name] [name]James[/name] (6)- was the first child me and my husband had together. We both just really liked the name [name]Owen[/name] and [name]James[/name] is after my husband’s father and brother, so, thats how [name]Owen[/name] got his name.

[name]Savannah[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (3)- is the oldest of our twin girls. She is named [name]Savannah[/name] because I met my husband in [name]Savannah[/name], [name]Georgia[/name]. In fact, at one time we were going to name her sister [name]Georgia[/name], but, decided it was too tacky/corny. [name]Grace[/name] is after my husband’s sister [name]Lindsey[/name] [name]Grace[/name].

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] (3)- she is the youngest of our twin girls. Her name is my mother’s name [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Beth[/name] all put together and [name]Rachel[/name] is after my sister [name]Julia[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]. Thats how she got her name.

[name]Baby[/name] #6- well we haven’t had or came up with a name for this one yet. But it should be here in [name]October[/name] and we’ll come up with a name by then (hopefully!)

About getting a boy or girl … supposedly it’s 50/50, but you always seem to find families with several children who have a massive tendency towards one rather than the other …
I read somewhere that while most people are equally likely to have both, some mothers are more prone to one or the other, because of hormones, seen in personality traits - the scientist-run survey seemed to think that very feminine, gentle mothers were more likely to have girls, and confident, bossy, generally more in-your-face women were more likely to have boys … but scientists come up with some crazy things - it’s not neccessarily true!
Also, because so many women use the Pill now, more oestrogen is getting into the water system, which has increased the number of girls born (but only in very Northern areas, like Inuit communities - presumably to do with the streams of water flowing up to the [name]North[/name]).
Finally, (a bit more helpful) - apparently, and this was taught to me at school, so semi-recently, and so I assume it’s reliable - you’re more likely to have a boy if you try to conceive a day or two before you ovulate, as sperm with the male chromosomes, can survive longer without finding an egg …

That is so sweet!!! She will always love her name because her parents put so much thought into it.

[name]Do[/name] you want to continue with the place-name theme?

My 3 girls names are [name]Temperance[/name] Nycole(11), [name]Ziva[/name] Bayle(4) and [name]Lorelai[/name] Lydyea(18mths). My sons name is [name]Marcus[/name] Dylyn(10). [name]Temperance[/name] was named after my great grandma. [name]Ziva[/name] and [name]Lorelai[/name] were named after my hubbys mom and grandma. And [name]Marcus[/name] was a named after my brother.

My kids are:

[name]Wesley[/name] [name]Emmanuel[/name] (almost 5)
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] (almost 2)
[name]Cora[/name] [name]Jeanne[/name] (due in [name]December[/name])

Name meanings:

[name]Wesley[/name] - DH, who usually has no ideas for names, picked this one after not liking any of my choices. I liked the sound of it, and the fact that [name]John[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] [name]Wesley[/name] were famous leaders of the Methodist Church. (We’re not Methodist but I think they were admirable men.)

[name]Emmanuel[/name] - From the Hebrew, meaning “God is with us.” I love this name’s sound and meaning, both in the abstract and in reference to [name]Christ[/name].

[name]Lydia[/name] - In the Bible, [name]Lydia[/name] (who was named after the region where she lived) was an early disciple, converted by [name]Paul[/name]. A generous and honorable woman. I love the way the name sounds, too.

[name]Pearl[/name] - In college I studied medieval lit. My favorite poem was called “[name]Pearl[/name].” It floored me with its beauty and intricacy, and ever since then I have loved the whole pearl theme. Also, the parable of the pearl of great price in the Bible adds extra meaning. I also have a grandmother [name]Margaret[/name], and I think this is a nice tribute to her name.

[name]Cora[/name] - From the Greek “kore,” a nickname for [name]Persephone[/name], the goddess of spring. When I heard the myth of [name]Persephone[/name], I drew parallels to the gospel story and instantly LOVED it. However, naming a kid [name]Persephone[/name] would be tough to do. :slight_smile:

[name]Jeanne[/name] - My other grandmother. She’s elegant, smart, strong, generous, loving, and in short a unique and fabulous person.

My baby girl has yet to make her arrival, but I wanted to do this anyway :slight_smile:

Her name is [name]Blake[/name] [name]Antonia[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name]. Though I am usually fervent in my dislike of boys’ names on girls’ and vice versa, I do have my reasonings :slight_smile: My husband’s beloved little brother, named [name]Blake[/name] [name]Anthony[/name], passed away when he was 7. About sixth months into my pregnancy, the thought of honoring him through our little girl just struck me :slight_smile: The first of her middle names, [name]Antonia[/name], is for his [name]Anthony[/name]. And then there is [name]Bellamy[/name], a name that [name]Jill[/name] introduced to me, was chosen for its meaning of “fine friend”. Not only is it beautiful, but we found it quite fitting since [name]James[/name] and [name]Blake[/name] were so close :slight_smile: