Name for a Persian-French baby girl who will grow up in America? :-/

I’m looking for suggestions for a persian baby girls name that also sounds pretty in english.

The last name would be fazelinia. I don’t have many ideas yet.

“[name]Zoe[/name] [name]Farrah[/name] Fazelinia” is one idea I thought I loved, but now I’m not totally convinced about it.
Other ideas I’ve had:

[name]Helena[/name] (dh hates it)
[name]Gemma[/name] (dh hates it)

Please help! Most persian names look so foreign to english speakers in america.

I don’t know much about Persian names… but here are a few of Persian origin that might work with your last name!

[name]Lilah[/name] is beautiful and is a little French sounding even though it is of Persian origin
[name]Esther[/name] is a classic name, although I personally would use it as a middle name, ‘[name]Zoe[/name] [name]Esther[/name] Fazelinia’ is very cute!
[name]Suri[/name] is from the persian word for [name]Rose[/name], it might be a cute alternative to [name]Zoe[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] I could help!

What about…

Aara
[name]Astera[/name]
[name]Dara[/name]
[name]Daria[/name]/[name]Darya[/name]
[name]Dasha[/name]
[name]Esther[/name]
[name]Jasmine[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Leila[/name]/[name]Lyla[/name]
[name]Nadira[/name]
[name]Parisa[/name]
[name]Roxana[/name]/[name]Roxanne[/name]
[name]Soraya[/name]
[name]Yasmin[/name]

I got these from this website.

I like [name]Zoe[/name] [name]Esther[/name]. [name]Leila[/name] and [name]Roxana[/name]/[name]Roxanne[/name] are very nice too. [name]Aliya[/name], [name]Azur[/name], [name]Camelia[/name], [name]Daria[/name], [name]Malisa[/name], [name]Mina[/name], [name]Rana[/name], [name]Saida[/name], [name]Salma[/name], Roya, [name]Sara[/name], [name]Sarina[/name], and [name]Tala[/name] may also work for you.

I love the suggestions of [name]Rana[/name] and [name]Mina[/name] as well!

My favorite is [name]Soraya[/name].

[name]Meena[/name] is nice and Persian, plus easily pronounceable by Americans.

I don’t know much about persian names, only [name]Anahi[/name]. I sincerely think it is a very beautiful name. An option is [name]Anahita[/name].

A french name I have liked since I was 16 years old is [name]Dania[/name]. It ends in -ia like your lastname :slight_smile: what do you think of “[name]Dania[/name] [name]Anahi[/name] Fazelinia” ?

[name]Soraya[/name] is a beautiful name, and also [name]Sara[/name].

I like the suggestion of [name]Lila[/name]. That was the first name to come to mind after reading the title. [name]Lila[/name] [name]Farrah[/name] is really sweet as well.

I like [name]Shadi[/name] and [name]Roxanna[/name] for Persian names in the US. I think [name]Elodie[/name] or [name]Zora[/name] would be easily pronounced by Persians, French, and Americans.

Have you seen the movie “Noms de gens”? with [name]Jacques[/name] Gamblin and [name]Sara[/name] Forestier? Her character is named [name]Baya[/name] Benmahmoud and I really fell in love with her first name after seeing it! Apparently [name]Baya[/name] is an arab name that means “distinquished” but it also means fruit in Spanish and maybe something bad in Swahili? I dont know but I really came to love it! In case you are Muslim here is a link to names you might like: le blog islamjeunesse - salam alikom a tous

I have friend’s named [name]Fatima[/name] and [name]Khadija[/name] so I think those are great choices along with [name]Maya[/name], [name]Laila[/name], and of course [name]Baya[/name]. Im not sure these names are what youre looking for and I dont know anything about Persian names but hopefully this helps!

I’ve also met girls named Munireh and Tahireh. They look a bit foreign, but the sounds are easy enough to say that you only need to hear it once and it sticks, especially with Munireh.

There may be some repeats, but here are Persian names besides those suggested (according to NB) that don’t look too weird in English:

[name]Aleah[/name]
[name]Alizeh[/name] ([name]Alizee[/name] is a sound-alike French name, BUT big caveat: [name]Alize[/name] is a low-price alcoholic beverage, so if it’s familiar to English speakers, it will be for that. Still pretty though)
[name]Cyra[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] (listed on NB as both French and persian, and very familiar to US ears: in the top 1000 and of course the Twilight thing)
[name]Jessamine[/name] (a French take on [name]Yasmin[/name]/[name]Jasmine[/name], I find it very pretty)
[name]Kyra[/name] (very familiar)
[name]Parisa[/name] (very familiar, for better or worse, from [name]Paris[/name]…so also Frenchy)
[name]Rosetta[/name] (per NB…I guess I believe it?)
[name]Sadira[/name] (not familiar…but very intuitive/not too weird)
[name]Zarina[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Jessamine[/name] [name]Esme[/name] is delightful to me…

I like:

[name]Soraya[/name]
[name]Layla[/name]
[name]Parisa[/name]
Diba
Sohela

I have a Persian friend named Pardis. I just love her name!

Thank you guys! I liked a lot of your ideas. Here are some new ideas I have after looking at the name site you suggested- What do you think of them? (last name fazelinia) Can you think of any first/middle combinations that might be good?

[name]Maya[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Maryam[/name]/ [name]Mariam[/name]
[name]Ayden[/name]
[name]Zada[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Salma[/name]
Shahrzad
Maral
[name]Arielle[/name]
[name]Lilah[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Mina[/name] / [name]Meena[/name]
[name]Roxana[/name]/[name]Roksana[/name]/[name]Roxanna[/name]
[name]Hana[/name]/[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Lina[/name]
Leeda/[name]Lida[/name]
Roya
[name]Siobhan[/name]
Zarrah
[name]Raina[/name]
[name]Raquel[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name]

It looks like you have a lot of great suggestions! The one that jumped to mind right away for me (and which I don’t think has been mentioned yet) is Nasrin. It’s Iranian, and even though it would be unfamiliar to most Americans I think that it would translate really well. It has sort of a similar vibe to [name]Jasmine[/name] or [name]Yasmin[/name], both of which are well established in the U.S, and to [name]Nasim[/name], which has some degree of exposure due to [name]Nasim[/name] Pedrad’s being on SNL. I’m just really fond of Nasrin. I think it’s meaning is awesome. I’m honestly not sure how well it would work in French, however.

Persian names I like:

[name]Leila[/name]
[name]Mina[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Roxana[/name]
[name]Sara[/name]
[name]Amira[/name]
[name]Sarina[/name]
[name]Sadira[/name]
[name]Nadia[/name]
[name]Esther[/name]

French names I like:

[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Alix[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Annette[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Joelle[/name]
[name]Leonie[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Melanie[/name]
[name]Odette[/name]

Some Combos…

[name]Leila[/name] [name]Joelle[/name]
[name]Leila[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Leila[/name] [name]Colette[/name]
[name]Esther[/name] [name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Amira[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Sadira[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Roxana[/name]

Really love [name]Maya[/name] and [name]Maryam[/name]/[name]Mariam[/name] for you

Looks like you are making progress! My picks from your list are:
[name]Maya[/name]
[name]Mariam[/name]
[name]Arielle[/name]
[name]Meena[/name]
[name]Raina[/name]