Name help please (9th child)!

I still have a ways to go, I am about 7 weeks along!! This is our ninth child and quite a big surprise! our youngest sweet baby is 5 months old. I love classic, traditional and biblical names…

Our children are:
[name]Maggie[/name] D’[name]Shea[/name], [name]Jonah[/name] [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] [name]Soledad[/name], [name]Emma[/name] [name]Addison[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Kate[/name], [name]Levi[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Isaiah[/name] [name]Daniel[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliette[/name].

So far I was thinking for a girl: [name]Grace[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], Beatrix________, [name]Josie[/name] or [name]Josephine[/name]??? and a boy [name]Eli[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] (though I am thinking [name]Eli[/name] may sound a bit too close to [name]Levi[/name]??? WE also love [name]Moses[/name]…

I would [name]LOVE[/name] some suggestions and your thoughts!!!

You have great options so far! I’d personally avoid using [name]Grace[/name] again, but I think all of your others would be brilliant choices.

[name]Caroline[/name] is both elegant and laid-back, and would work on a person of any character or age.

[name]Beatrix[/name] is a beautiful, vintage choice, unusual but still definitely accessible.

[name]Josephine[/name] (I would use the full name so as to get more versatility) is a great classic, not too popular, and offers such a wealth of nicknames. I’m having trouble picking between [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] for my first place vote (unless you’d consider [name]Caroline[/name]?) because I slightly prefer [name]Beatrix[/name], but I adore the wealth of nicknames which come with [name]Josephine[/name] ([name]Jo[/name], [name]Josie[/name], Sephy, Ephy). That said, you have already used [name]Joseph[/name] … it isn’t exactly the same name, of course, and it is in the middle slot, but I think it bothers me slightly.

So, I’ll vote for [name]Beatrix[/name] in first place. [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] would be lovely.

For a boy, it might be problematic to have a [name]Levi[/name] and an [name]Eli[/name], just because I think you’d mix up the names a lot. [name]Moses[/name] is a good name. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Amos[/name]? Your other choices remind me of it. [name]Amos[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] would be very handsome. [name]Malachi[/name] is another handsome Biblical choice, as is [name]Peter[/name].

As you seem to be religious, I’m going to plug for one of my all time favourite quirky religious names - [name]Salvador[/name]. I think it would make a great middle name!

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

Thank you so much for your reply!!! Gives me a lot to think on!! I do love [name]Caroline[/name], but i am not greatly fond of the meaning of it… [name]Love[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]!!
[name]Amos[/name] is wonderful! Hadn’t thought of that!! So much to think on!!
[name]Salvador[/name] too is wonderful!! You are a wealth of good ideas!!
I ran Beatxix by hubby today, and he said he liked it, but wondered if it “fit” with our other girls’ names… I think so! It’s a great classic…
Still a ways to go, but lots of possibilities!!

[name]Just[/name] popped in to say that I can see what DH means about [name]Beatrix[/name] fitting in with your other girls. I think it does, even though it’s a little bit of a different vibe. I definitely think that [name]Bea[/name] fits right in, though! I’ll think about some more ideas…

[name]Evangeline[/name] just came to my mind…
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]???
Though I think I like [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] better…
Also do you like the spelling [name]Beatrix[/name] or [name]Beatrice[/name]? I believe I like [name]Beatrix[/name] better

[name]Beatrix[/name], for sure. She’s so much fun, right? [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is beautiful, by the way…

Others I like with your girls ([name]Maggie[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name], and [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] - am I missing any of the girls?) are [name]Anna[/name], [name]Becca[/name], [name]Cora[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], and [name]Laura[/name]. I’m going to break this down in a very analytical way, because that’s just who I am. You’ve got five girls - three have double - hyphenated - names, and two who do not. Also, four have names ending in the “ee” sound ([name]Maggie[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name], [name]Mary[/name], and [name]Sophie[/name]), whereas only one does not ([name]Emma[/name]). And, finally, all five of your girls have primary first names consisting of two syllables. Thus, I think it would be nice, but certainly not necessary, to choose a two-syllable first name ending in -a. I’ve listed my favorites above, though I think something like [name]Becca[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ruth[/name], [name]Cora[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name], or [name]Laura[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name] would be lovely with your girls’ names.

For a boy, all of your son’s have strong Biblical names ([name]Jonah[/name], [name]Levi[/name], and [name]Isaiah[/name]) in the first and middle position. I’d say continue that! I think [name]Eli[/name] is great, but definitely too close to [name]Levi[/name]. You could always use [name]Elias[/name] or [name]Elijah[/name] as a middle name, though! And, I do like [name]Moses[/name], but that’s a lot of M names in your family then, right? [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Mary[/name], [name]Moses[/name]. I think it might be too much, and I’d also use that as a middle name. And, maybe I’d go for a three-syllable first name? Names like [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Tobias[/name], or [name]Zachary[/name] could work, but I’m a big fan of [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Moses[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Elijah[/name]. [name]Zachary[/name] [name]Amos[/name] is cute, too, but some might call [name]Zachary[/name] a bit dated. Hebrew classics like [name]Aaron[/name] and [name]Adam[/name] would also be great, and something like [name]Aaron[/name] [name]Moses[/name], [name]Aaron[/name] [name]Elias[/name], [name]Adam[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name], or [name]Adam[/name] [name]Elijah[/name] would be very handsome.

Good luck! It seems like only yesterday we were on here looking at [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]'s name! Congratulations on the latest baby!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lemon[/name]!! Good to “see” you!! I know, it does seem like just yesterday =0) Thanks so much for the congrats, we are so excited!! This is the first time we have had babies this close together!

O.K, I have always loved [name]Anna[/name]… but do you think it is too close to [name]Emma[/name]? Also, I am not clear if you are saying you do like [name]Beatrix[/name], or not with the other girls??

[name]Love[/name] [name]Hannah[/name], but can not use it…Also, [name]Ruth[/name] is sweet. Another one I like is [name]Ruby[/name], but I don’t really feel it “fits”… My sister in [name]Law[/name] recently comented that my girls had names that were “sweet” like an English garden… sweet compliment, but I wonder if that is the case, does [name]Beatrix[/name] fit with that??

I am also big on meanings… Since this baby is a surprise, I thought [name]Beatrix[/name] meanaing bringer of gladness, or [name]Josephine[/name] “Jehovah increase” would be nice. or [name]Evangeline[/name] “Bringer of good news”. Still love [name]Caroline[/name], still not fond on the meaning… also love [name]Charlotte[/name], again not big on the meaning.

O.K. boys… I am just not seeing anything that “grabs” me… I think I am going to need more choices. I like [name]Nathaniel[/name], DH does not… [name]Amos[/name] is nice, not sure how to pronounce [name]Tobias[/name]…
Still love [name]Moses[/name], but I agree may be too many “M”'s… This is going to be a tough one, need a biblical one for sure… I have thought about [name]Josiah[/name]??? Is that too close to [name]Jonah[/name]??

O.k. this is going to be a long nine months =0)
Thanks so much for the help!!

Hey!

I know a set of twins named [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Emily[/name], and I know that isn’t exactly [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Emma[/name], but I don’t think they are too, too close. [name]Anna[/name] definitely fits into that sweet, English [name]Rose[/name] Garden feel you’ve captured with your other girls’ names, though!

And, I do like [name]Beatrix[/name], but it does have a different feel than your other girls’ names, than all of your kids’ names, honestly. And, compared to the girls’ names, it feels a bit more harsh in sound. But, I do love [name]Beatrix[/name] - [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Helena[/name] is on my own list! It does have a great meaning. You are pulling out names I adore here, what with [name]Beatrix[/name] and then [name]Evangeline[/name], and I’d even considered [name]Josephine[/name] for my own future children at one point. I do kind of think they are a little long with your other girls’ names, though. And, with a [name]Jonah[/name], I wouldn’t use [name]Josephine[/name] - or [name]Josiah[/name], for that matter! These would make really stunning middle names, though, and it would give you that great meaning. [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] is simply adorable! And, you could add onto it, as in [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] - cute. Maybe [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name] would have better flow, though, and [name]Jane[/name] means “God’s gracious gift” - how perfect! Have you already used [name]Jane[/name]? I can’t even remember! Yeah, I love [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name].

Hm. Husband doesn’t like [name]Nathaniel[/name]? Bummer. [name]Amos[/name] is a nice one! And, [name]Tobias[/name] is pronounced as toe-BYE-us or toe-BYE-is. [name]Tobey[/name] or [name]Toby[/name] would be a perfect nickname - actor [name]Tobey[/name] [name]Maguire[/name] is really a [name]Tobias[/name]. [name]Tobias[/name] also means “the [name]Lord[/name] is good” - great, great meaning! Check it out here: http://inogolo.com/pronunciation/[name]Tobias[/name]. But, yeah, no [name]Josiah[/name] with a [name]Jonah[/name]. You would remind me of the Duggar Family, who has a [name]Josiah[/name] and a [name]Josie[/name] - too close! What about [name]Asher[/name]? [name]Asher[/name] has a great meaning, too - “fortunate, blessed, happy one.”

[name]Hi[/name]! Your children have great names. [name]Lemon[/name]'s given you lots of great suggestions, and I’m with her, that a two syllable -a ending name would be great for a girl. I’d add [name]Ava[/name], [name]Nora[/name], [name]Willa[/name] (a bit more vintage), [name]Bella[/name], [name]Dora[/name], and [name]Flora[/name]. I personally love the name [name]Beatrix[/name], and I do think it can fit into your set (especially because [name]Bea[/name] is such a cute nickname) but it would also work very well as a middle name.

Onto the boys. I love [name]Tobias[/name] and think it goes great with [name]Jonah[/name], [name]Levi[/name] and [name]Isaiah[/name]. I also like [name]Lemon[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Asher[/name]. It has such a great meaning and you haven’t used the “er” ending yet, which would make it fit into your set nicely but still keep it distinguished. A name that’s popping into my head is [name]Micah[/name]- though that might be a lot of M with [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name]. It’s one of those soft, but accessible biblical names that isn’t too common (though it’s similarity to [name]Michael[/name] could be a turn off) and it means “who is like God?”. Okay, I also like [name]Caleb[/name] with your boys- according to Nameberry it means"bold; intrepid", though other sites say it means “faithful”- both of which are great, strong meanings for a boys name. [name]Caleb[/name] [name]Elias[/name] or [name]Caleb[/name] [name]Josiah[/name] would be lovely. I also like [name]Solomon[/name] a lot with your set (it means peace), which brings to mind [name]Simon[/name] (means “the listener”). For some reason [name]Elijah[/name] reminds me of [name]Gabriel[/name] (“God is my strength”), [name]Jeremiah[/name] (“the [name]Lord[/name] exalts”), [name]Raphael[/name] (“God has healed”), and [name]Reuben[/name] (“Behold a son!”- great meaning).

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

Thanks ladies! [name]Love[/name] [name]Asher[/name]!! Hadn’t thought of that one! It’s going on my list!
O.K. I [name]ADORE[/name] [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name]!!! That is too sweet!! Going on my list!! No [name]Jane[/name]'s yet (and my grandmother whom I am very close with is [name]Janette[/name], which I believe is a form of [name]Jane[/name], so that would be a nice tribute…)=0)

After thinking on it I agree… [name]Josiah[/name] is too close to [name]Jonah[/name]… while I like the Duggars, I don’t particularly care for their naming style, too many too close sounding names =0)

[name]Love[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] (going on the list!) [name]Love[/name] the nn “[name]Gabe[/name]”! Another one I thought of is [name]Titus[/name]… what are you guys thoughts on [name]Titus[/name]???

What other classic/vintage style girl names am I missing? what about [name]Pearl[/name]? [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]???
Still love [name]Josephine[/name]… possibly as a middle…also really like [name]Josephina[/name] (my hubby is Latino, so his family would adore that one =0) ) Also really like [name]Catherine[/name].

Any more ideas are very welcome!! =0)

i work in a nursing home and see all the classic names! one that i think is a little different but absolutely beautiful is Virgileen! we called this woman [name]Virgie[/name] for a nickname.

good luck!

I have always liked [name]Virginia[/name]…

I’m glad you like [name]Amos[/name] and [name]Salvador[/name]!

I love, love, love [name]Evangeline[/name]! I think it’s such a beautiful, refined name. Also, I’d liked it for a good while beforehand, but the film The [name]Princess[/name] and the Frog just cemented my love. The little bug talks to a star that he calls [name]Evangeline[/name], and in his New Orleans accent (I’m British) I found it absolutely swoon-worthy!

[name]Anna[/name] is one of my favourite classic names. I don’t think it would be terrible with [name]Emma[/name], but at the same time I personally don’t think it is ideal. I think it would be perfect in the middle, though, and also works well in a hyphenated first name. I adore [name]Ruth[/name], too.

I think [name]Beatrix[/name] would definitely fit in the sweet English garden bracket, although it is a bit more vintage than your other girls’ names. Perhaps something like [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] (or [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]). You could use [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Bea[/name] as a shorter form, and you get the best of both worlds. [name]EDIT[/name] : I just saw [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name], and I love that, too! The family connection is especially lovely. Oh, and [name]Pearl[/name] - I can’t choose!

A note on [name]Beatrix[/name], though - I was pretty sure that it meant ‘voyager’. I could be wrong, though, so if anyone knows for certain that would be great!

[name]Titus[/name] is a good name; while I don’t particularly care for the sound, I’m very interested in Classics, and the Emperor [name]Titus[/name] was particularly fond of the people. The famous [name]Arch[/name] of [name]Titus[/name] was built after his death to commemorate one of his victories.

If you like [name]Titus[/name], you might also like [name]Marcus[/name], although it’s another M name, and Tacitus (TASS-it-us). [name]Amadeus[/name] is an extravagant but handsome choice, too.

You also might like [name]Alexander[/name], a great classic.

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], again!

I wouldn’t use [name]Josephine[/name], even as a middle name, considering you’ve used [name]Joseph[/name] as a middle name. Same thing with [name]Catherine[/name] - I love it, but you’ve used [name]Kate[/name] for a middle name! I also think [name]Titus[/name] is neat, but a little harsh, and it wouldn’t really fit the pattern that you’ve created of using all Hebrew names for your sons. That being said, you don’t have to continue that pattern if you don’t want to! I think something like [name]Asher[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] would be amazing. It’s a name with such great meaning and strength, yet it is unusual and playful.

Oh, you’ve got a Grandmother [name]Janette[/name]? [name]How[/name] perfect! I think [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is so beautiful, plus all of the meanings - [name]Anna[/name] means “grace,” [name]Beatrix[/name] means “she who brings happiness,” and [name]Jane[/name] means “God’s gracious gift” - are too perfect. Oh, [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is too sweet, too! Wait, you’ve got a [name]Maggie[/name], a [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name], an [name]Emma[/name], a [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name], and a [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]? Okay, I need to keep that straight!

I liked the suggestion of [name]Nora[/name] - it isn’t my favorite, but it works well with your kids’ names - and [name]Laura[/name] would also fit beautifully with your girls’ names. [name]Ada[/name] would also be stellar, since it is a letter you haven’t used yet, and it has the same sweet feel as [name]Anna[/name] without being too close to [name]Emma[/name]. [name]Sarah[/name] would be a nice choice, too, if you wanted to use another S name, like [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]. So, yeah, I’m loving [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Ada[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Ada[/name] [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name], [name]Ada[/name] [name]Belle[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] - [name]Ada[/name] means “noble,” [name]Belle[/name] means “beautiful,” and [name]Evangeline[/name] means “bringer of good news” - and [name]Ada[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - [name]Mirabelle[/name] means “wonderful.” Considering meaning, my favorites are [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Ada[/name] [name]Belle[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name], though I’d personally choose [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name] in a heart-beat.

Thanks Ladies!!! You all have such WONDERFUL ideas (my list is growing!!)

I am from [name]Louisiana[/name], so I also like that about [name]Evangeline[/name] as well =0)

[name]Lemon[/name]! Girl, you have a gift for this!!! O.K. [name]LOVE[/name] [name]ADA[/name]!!! Too cute!!! [name]Ada[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]???

No, still think [name]Anna[/name] sounds better with [name]Beatrix[/name] (of course I adore [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Beatrix[/name], with the hyphen =0) )… what are ya’ll’s thoughts?

Yes, [name]Love[/name] the tribute with [name]Jane[/name]! I love [name]Jane[/name] so classic and pretty…

[name]Asher[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] is wonderful! I am going to see is hubby likes it. [name]Love[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] but can’t use it, too many already in the extended family.
I need to mention our LN is Estrada… I am not sure how well that sounds with [name]Asher[/name]???

Hey!

[name]Glad[/name] you are still loving [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! I personally wouldn’t use a hyphen. I’m not really a hyphen person, though! Also, you’ve got more daughters with hyphens than not at this point, so maybe [name]Maggie[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] need a non-hyphenated sister on their side? You could always call her [name]Anna[/name] [name]Bea[/name], though…

Ha! You love [name]Ada[/name]? I think [name]Ada[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] works, but I think I like [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] better, too. Also, with your last name being Estrada, you might not want to use [name]Ada[/name]. I’m doubting they are pronounced the same - if I am saying your last name correctly - but [name]Ada[/name] Estrada is kind of strange.

Honestly, I love [name]Asher[/name] Estrada! I think it is quirky and fun but still handsome! [name]Asher[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] Estrada. What a name. Wanted to also suggest [name]Matthias[/name], maybe not as a first name because of [name]Maggie[/name] and [name]Mary[/name], but as a middle name? [name]Asher[/name] [name]Matthias[/name]? [name]Aaron[/name] [name]Matthias[/name]? [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Matthias[/name]? [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] is fun, too, as is [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Asher[/name], and [name]Asher[/name] [name]Isaac[/name]! [name]Isaac[/name] means “laughter.” Oh, [name]Simon[/name]? [name]Simon[/name] would be cute, for a first or middle - it means “the listener.” And [name]Matthias[/name], being a derivation of [name]Matthew[/name], means the lovely “gift of God.” So, my favorite is still [name]Asher[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name], but I really like [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Matthias[/name], [name]Asher[/name] [name]Matthias[/name], and [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Simon[/name]. [name]Gabriel[/name] Estrada is great, too…

Let us know what your husband thinks…

I like [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Beatrix[/name] a lot, and that is high praise - I’m very fussy about double names, and don’t like many. I think the simplicity of [name]Anna[/name] allows it to stand easily next to the more elaborate [name]Beatrix[/name]. The names aren’t of different styles (e.g. [name]Jaydyn[/name]-[name]Beatrix[/name]) so look and sound good together, and the possible sweet and easy shortening to [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Bea[/name] takes away my worry that it would be a mouthful.

[name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Love[/name] [name]Asher[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name], and another name I thought I would throw out there is [name]Ezra[/name].
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is so sweet! :smiley:

Wow! So funny to see this thread as it seems it has been so long ago!! So many great suggestions…
I now know I am having a girl… we had settled on [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] and were really happy about it, until recently had the thought of [name]Sarah[/name]-[name]Katherine[/name] (so funny to see [name]Lemon[/name], had actually mentioned [name]Sarah[/name] in this thread, I have ALWAYS loved [name]Sarah[/name]!!!)… So we are still a bit undecided…still. Seeing this made me remember [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name]…which I thought was AWESOME as well!!! Anyway, I am not posting much about my indecisivness anyhmore… hoping to make a decision and stick to it, or to have just two names and decide once she is born =0)

Yep, [name]Sarah[/name]'s great! It’s my twin sister’s name. However, I’d go with something like [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name]. [name]Sadie[/name] [name]Gwen[/name] for short? Cute.