Name quiz--NEW~!

Heres another one!

1. [name]Do[/name] you believe that names are spelled “right” and “wrong”?
  2. [name]Do[/name] you like a name that your family doesnt?
  3. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Evangeline[/name] is too old?
  4. Whats your middle name, and do you like it?
  5. What is your favourite baby name that you’ve heard this year(cant be your own and it has to be from someone you know well)?
  6. Would you put [name]Abby[/name] by itself, or does it have to be a nickname for [name]Abilena[/name] or [name]Abigail[/name]?
  7. What do you think of the name [name]Bianca[/name]?
  8. What middle name would you put with [name]Angelica[/name]?

Mine:

1. No, names can spelled many diferent names.
  2. I love [name]Harley[/name] for a girl but my family likes it on a boy and hates it on a girl.
  3. No, I like it, its very pretty.
  4. [name]Maryanne[/name]. Yeah, I do, but I hate the spelling. I like [name]Marianne[/name], and I would much rather have it as a first name and be called [name]Mari/name.
  5. My cousin had a baby this year and named it [name]Colbie/name, and I like that.
  6. I like it as a nickname for [name]Abigail[/name], but the spelling [name]Abbie[/name] could stand on its own.
  7. I love it.
  8. [name]Kate[/name]. [name]Angelica[/name] is a long name that should be paired with a short one.

remember to look at my other questions “[name]Bianca[/name]” and “Does this bother you?”! Have fun!

1. No, I don’t believe names are spelled right and wrong. You do have the classic spelling and a variation though.
  2. I love [name]Israel[/name] but my sister doesn’t like it.
  3. No, [name]Evangeline[/name] is timeless!
  4. My middle name is [name]Leticia[/name] and I like it. Its classy and international.
  5. [name]Micah[/name] my sister’s son. Its such a sweet name that ages well.
  6. Has to be a nn for [name]Abilena[/name].
  7. [name]Don[/name]'t like it very much. Its not very attractive.
  8. [name]Angelica[/name] Liat.
  1. [name]Do[/name] you believe that names are spelled “right” and “wrong”? I think that traditional spellings are usually the best. But for a name like [name]Katelyn[/name], just go with the one you like.
  2. [name]Do[/name] you like a name that your family doesn’t? Yes! so many. [name]Edith[/name], [name]Clementine[/name]
  3. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Evangeline[/name] is too old? No, it is pretty cute. [name]Evie[/name] is a cute nn.
  4. Whats your middle name, and do you like it? [name]Katherine[/name]. Yes I love it.
  5. What is your favourite baby name that you’ve heard this year(cant be your own and it has to be from someone you know well)? [name]Emery[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. We call her Eclair.
  6. Would you put [name]Abby[/name] by itself, or does it have to be a nickname for [name]Abilena[/name] or [name]Abigail[/name]? Definitely a nn for something.
  7. What do you think of the name [name]Bianca[/name]? Bad associations. but it is pretty.
  8. What middle name would you put with [name]Angelica[/name]? [name]Angelica[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
  1. No, but I do believe that the original spelling should be stuck to, with few exceptions.
  2. Yep, a lot of my favourites are pretty exotic, so a lot of people haven’t even heard of them.
  3. No way, I think it is timeless!
  4. Sorry, it’s not something I give out on the internet for privacy issues (I’m pretty sure I am the only [name]Elena[/name] with my middle and last name) But I do love it.
  5. [name]Ned[/name], just fantastic!
  6. Personally I would only use it as a nickname, I think it does work by itself, but the [name]Abby[/name] I know is always asked what her full name is.
  7. [name]Love[/name] it!!
  8. [name]Angelica[/name] is lovely, I pick [name]Angelica[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name] (-:
    No, but I much prefer names spelled their original way with few exceptions.

Yes, I like [name]Audrey[/name].

No, especially with a spunky nickname like [name]Evie[/name]!

[name]Lucia[/name] (loo-CHEE-ah) and it’s okay… not my favorite.

5. What is your favourite baby name that you’ve heard this year(cant be your own and it has to be from someone you know well)?
    [name]Finn[/name], my cousin’s son.

6. Would you put [name]Abby[/name] by itself, or does it have to be a nickname for [name]Abilena[/name] or [name]Abigail[/name]?
    I would use it as a nn for [name]Abby[/name].

It feels a bit snobbish and stuck-up to me. I’m not sure why but I always get an image of a spoiled girl… Then again, I’ve never met a [name]Bianca[/name] so the image would probably change.

[name]Angelica[/name] [name]Mae[/name]

I believe that names should be spelled as traditionally as possible.

Yes, I love the names [name]Greta[/name] and [name]Freya[/name] for a girl, but my family thinks they are too harsh sounding.

No, I think it’s lovely.

[name]Jean[/name] - I like it because it is my grandmother’s name.

[name]Aria[/name] (my work colleague’s little girl)

I would use it by itself.

I quite like it. I know a few [name]Bianca[/name]'s and I’ve got good association with the name!

[name]Angelica[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]

1. Yes and no. I think before the child is born the parents can pick a WRONG spelling for the child. However once the child is born and the name is assigned to them I do not think you can tell them that they spelled it wrong because it is the spelling printed on their birth certificate and what they legally go by. A great example would be place/word names. If a child spelled the city [name]Boston[/name], Bosstun, a teacher would mark it as incorrect. But if a child’s name was Bosstun and put it on his paper it would be correct.
  2. I would say about 75% of the names I like my family does not.
  3. Not really.
  4. [name]Marie[/name]. It’s okay. I think it flows well with my first name, but it’s way too common, probably because it flows well with just about every name.
  5. Ummm… [name]Jackson[/name] for a boy. And [name]Katie[/name] or [name]Eliza[/name] for a girl
  6. I would use [name]Abbey[/name] or [name]Abbie[/name] by itself and [name]Abi[/name] as a nn for the other names.
  7. Personally, I do not like it.
  8. Well I don’t really like the name, but if I had to choose I’d say [name]Rose[/name], [name]Faye[/name], or [name]Kaylin[/name].
  1. [name]Do[/name] you believe that names are spelled “right” and “wrong”? Yes. Because even within other cultures, there is still correct and incorrect spellings of its variant
  2. [name]Do[/name] you like a name that your family doesnt? Haha, MANY, My husband dislikes almost all of the names names i love, with a firey passion
  3. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Evangeline[/name] is too old? No. But i do not know the history as far as the bibical standars. I think its beautiful but slightly overboard
  4. Whats your middle name, and do you like it? No i dont much care for it
  5. What is your favourite baby name that you’ve heard this year(cant be your own and it has to be from someone you know well)? Ha well i dont much care for any of the names my friends have given their children.
  6. Would you put [name]Abby[/name] by itself, or does it have to be a nickname for [name]Abilena[/name] or [name]Abigail[/name]? Never by it’s self. Not a fan of nickname name’s.
  7. What do you think of the name [name]Bianca[/name]? I have always thought [name]Bianca[/name] was pretty, though she will always be the snobby rich girl to me
  8. What middle name would you put with [name]Angelica[/name]? Hmmm. [name]Angelica[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Angelica[/name] [name]Rene[/name] (sp?)
    Yes, actually. Names have etymology just like words do. There are linguistic variants, but made up spellings are incorrect. You can’t make up spellings of words, and I don’t think you can make up spellings of names. Most names have historys lasting thousands of years, some even as old as language itself. In spelling [name]Julia[/name] “Jeweleighya,” you are totally disregarding the rich history of the name that can be traced back thousands of years. In spelling it [name]Giulia[/name], however, you’re just using a variant from another language. So I guess it depends on the individual spelling.
  2. [name]Do[/name] you like a name that your family doesnt? Yes. My family only likes boring names.
  3. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Evangeline[/name] is too old? I don’t think I would use [name]Evangeline[/name], but I don’t get an old vibe from it.
  4. Whats your middle name, and do you like it? My grandmother’s, an older sounding name. I don’t like the name itself, but I love that I’m named after my grandmother.
  5. What is your favourite baby name that you’ve heard this year(cant be your own and it has to be from someone you know well)? Hm, not many new babies around me…one I heard recently was [name]Tatiana[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name], which I thought was pretty (if long).
  6. Would you put [name]Abby[/name] by itself, or does it have to be a nickname for [name]Abilena[/name] or [name]Abigail[/name]? I like [name]Abigail[/name] best. I think it’s good to give flexibility to a child to pick there own identity, so I generally like full names rather than nicknames. And I just prefer [name]Abigail[/name] to [name]Abilena[/name].
  7. What do you think of the name [name]Bianca[/name]? I think it’s very pretty, and a nice way to get to [name]Bea[/name] that’s not [name]Beatrice[/name] (or trix).
  8. What middle name would you put with [name]Angelica[/name]? I’d have to think about it, but I’m kind of loving [name]Cole[/name] as a mn for the ultra-frilly [name]Angelica[/name]. [name]Cole[/name] for girls is a guilty pleasure of mine- much cooler and less dated than [name]Nicole[/name].
  1. I do believe that names have a correct spelling. Names are words and therefore should be spelled in a legitimate way. I don’t mind foreign spellings, but making up spellings to be unique puzzles me.
  2. I’m sure I do. I like a lot of really unusual names.
  3. No, it’s a gorgeous names. One of my favorites.
  4. I have two middle names. One is [name]Paige[/name] (which I go by, in addition to my first name, most of the time) and I love it. I’m a writer and I feel like my parents knew that when they were naming me. My second middle is my mom’s maiden name, [name]Polly[/name]. I love it because of it’s connection to my family.
  5. Our family friends had a daughter named [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] who they call [name]Coco[/name]. I think her name is adorable.
  6. I don’t think [name]Abby[/name] can stand on it’s own. I guess [name]Abigail[/name] would be the best name for it, though I do like [name]Abilene[/name] as well.
  7. I like [name]Bianca[/name] because of the Shakespearean connection. Not sure I’d use it on a child, as it sounds a bit stuck-up to me, but it’s a pretty name.
  8. I would put something one syllable and uncommon. [name]Angelica[/name] [name]Fleur[/name] or [name]Angelica[/name] [name]Pearl[/name].
  1. Names can have a standard traditional spelling, but at the same time changing it a little wouldn’t hurt - it can be the parents way of personalizing the name a tad. That being said, I am not fond of people who just change the spelling just so it is completely different…for example, my name is [name]Julie[/name]. I think it would be absurd if someone decided to spell it Jewelee.
  2. I tend to go for the unique, old school mixed with modern names and my mom is all for the basics ([name]Daniel[/name], [name]Lauren[/name], [name]Christopher[/name], [name]Nicole[/name]).
  3. I think [name]Evangeline[/name] is a very pretty name and you can have so many nicknames to use if, when growing up, your child doesn’t like the original version.
  4. My middle name is [name]Alyssa[/name] and while I’m not really a big fan of it, I do like how it flows when I say my full name.
  5. My cousin’s baby daughter has the cutest play-dates with a baby boy named [name]Finn[/name]. That name I find very cute…especially as a nickname for [name]Phineas[/name] (Phin).
  6. I like having the full name [name]Abigail[/name], then you have the choice to either use a nickname or keep the original.
  7. Ehh, I’m not a fan of it but at the same time I don’t hate it. Personally, I wouldn’t use that name.
  8. This is a tough one - I would maybe go with [name]Angelica[/name] [name]Rae[/name] or perhaps [name]Angelica[/name] [name]Vonn[/name].
    Yes. Some leeway is fine, (eg. I love [name]Romona[/name] as well as [name]Ramona[/name]), but I prefer it when they instantly look like the name they’re meant to be.

2. [name]Do[/name] you like a name that your family doesn’t?
    Yep. My other half vetoed [name]Saul[/name] without me ever even suggesting it (and we’re not even TTC!).

I don’t think it’s too old, but I think it’s too celebrity-inspired.

[name]Jasmine[/name]. I don’t mind it, but I wish I was named after someone. I don’t see the use in two names that look pretty.

[name]Zara[/name]. Simple and sweet but still princessy. Works well on a baby and will be fine on an adult. : )

I would use it as a nickname for [name]Abigail[/name] but I don’t see a problem with someone using it as just [name]Abby[/name].

It seems very 80s and snobbish to me.

I know it’s not very original, but I just can’t go past [name]Angelica[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. Soooo pretty.

1. [name]Do[/name] you believe that names are spelled “right” and “wrong”? Yes I do. No I realize that some names can have more than one legit spelling ([name]Rebecca[/name]/[name]Rebekah[/name]), but [name]Rebekka[/name], which is one of my best friends’ names, is just spelled wrong!
  2. [name]Do[/name] you like a name that your family doesnt? Heaps of them!
  3. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Evangeline[/name] is too old? No, and I may get a niece named this!
  4. Whats your middle name, and do you like it? [name]Christine[/name]. I do like it because most of my friends from the 70s have one of 5 middle names and mine is different.
  5. What is your favourite baby name that you’ve heard this year(cant be your own and it has to be from someone you know well)? For a boy, my nephew [name]Malachi[/name] [name]Joshua[/name]. For a girl, my friend has little [name]Layla[/name] [name]Grace[/name]!
  6. Would you put [name]Abby[/name] by itself, or does it have to be a nickname for [name]Abilena[/name] or [name]Abigail[/name]? It’s one of the few nicknames that doesn’t bother me too much by itself. I have a cousin named [name]Abby[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], and I always did think it worked.
  7. What do you think of the name [name]Bianca[/name]? Not my style. I’ve known two of them, and didn’t like either one.
  8. What middle name would you put with [name]Angelica[/name]? Something simple like [name]Angelica[/name] [name]Faith[/name]
  1. [name]Do[/name] you believe that names are spelled “right” and “wrong”? Not at all, my name’s Kourtni!

2. [name]Do[/name] you like a name that your family doesnt? Try every name! Ha, but they’ve come to love [name]Kara[/name].

3. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Evangeline[/name] is too old? Not at all! I love [name]Evangelina[/name].

4. Whats your middle name, and do you like it? [name]Christine[/name] – It’s okay, I think it flows decently with Kourtni.

5. What is your favourite baby name that you’ve heard this year(cant be your own and it has to be from someone you know well)? I only personally know one baby born this year – [name]Carter[/name] [name]James[/name]!

6. Would you put [name]Abby[/name] by itself, or does it have to be a nickname for [name]Abilena[/name] or [name]Abigail[/name]? Personally, I like it as a nickname for [name]Abigail[/name]

7. What do you think of the name [name]Bianca[/name]? Not my style.

8. What middle name would you put with [name]Angelica[/name]? [name]Angelica[/name] [name]Sue[/name]!

1. I don’t think it’s a black and white issue. I prefer some variations of names over others (cultural variations or just plain aesthetic/phonetic variations) but honestly, some spellings are just awful and make it seem like the parent tried too hard to be unique, or simply can’t spell. I definitely prefer legitimate (or accepted) spellings, but I don’t know if that means that some names are spelled “right” and others are “wrong.”

2. Yeah, my partner and I love [name]Adelaide[/name] and were considering it, but both sides of the family think it’s a ridiculous name. :frowning:

3. No, I actually love it. I just think it’s a bit too religious-sounding for me to feel comfortable using.

4. My middle name is [name]Zachary[/name], as is my dad’s - I really like it. It’s my son’s name now. I always preferred it to my first name ([name]Jay[/name]) because I think it has more substance.

5. Earlier this year my close friend had a baby and named her [name]Caroline[/name]. I forget the middle name, but I was so thrilled with their first name choice!

6. I don’t like [name]Abby[/name] on its own. I love [name]Abigail[/name].

7. I don’t really love it, but I don’t hate it. I’m kind of indifferent I guess.

8. [name]Angelica[/name] isn’t one of my favorite first names (though I like it as a middle name, for some reason), so it’s hard to think of a middle name - first thing I thought of that sounded good was [name]Angelica[/name] [name]Violet[/name] or [name]Angelica[/name] [name]Maeve[/name].

No, but I believe that traditional spellings are usually the best.

On my side of the family we have pretty similar taste, but on my husband’s side, we totally disagree!

3. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Evangeline[/name] is too old? No, I think it is timeless. I love all of the nn options available.

4. Whats your middle name, and do you like it? [name]Roberta[/name] - I do not like it at all!! I think it is very unfeminine?!

5. What is your favourite baby name that you’ve heard this year(cant be your own and it has to be from someone you know well)? [name]Elliot[/name] [name]James[/name].

I would definitely use it as a nn for [name]Abigail[/name].

Nice enough, but went to school with a not very nice girl with this name.

[name]Angelica[/name] [name]Wren[/name].

I definitely think a name can be butchered by kreeaitif or uninformed spelling.
    Yes! [name]Milo[/name], [name]Forrest[/name], [name]Caspian[/name], [name]Ariel[/name], [name]Brighton[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], etc.
    No, not too old, but very harsh sounding. I prefer Evongelene.
    [name]Michelle[/name] – yes only because it’s my mother’s name.
  5. What is your favorite baby name that you’ve heard this year (cant’ be your own and it has to be from someone you know well)?
    [name]Anton[/name]!
    Ick, none of the above!
    Yikes.
    [name]Angelica[/name] [name]Marie[/name]/[name]Mae[/name]/[name]Mary[/name]/[name]Mercy[/name].
    No, but there are traditional spellings and I like to stick with those, unless there is a specific reason for changing. However, if it is a “word name,” and because words [name]DO[/name] have right and wrong spellings, I think it is already creative to appropriate and so it should be spelled correctly.

[name]Clementine[/name], [name]Edith[/name]

3. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Evangeline[/name] is too old? No, not at all.

4. Whats your middle name, and do you like it? [name]Katherine[/name], I love it.

[name]Emory[/name] [name]Claire[/name]

I would never use it by itself, but it could be. And definitely with [name]Abigail[/name]. [name]Abilena[/name] is a little off-beat for my tastes.

Eh,

[name]Angelica[/name] [name]June[/name]

1. [name]Do[/name] you believe that names are spelled “right” and “wrong”? Well, I guess not, but I usually always prefer the more conventional, well-used spellings.
  2. [name]Do[/name] you like a name that your family doesnt? Yes, [name]Althea[/name], [name]Estella[/name], [name]Aurora[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name]…I have alot!
  3. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Evangeline[/name] is too old? No, I like it.
  4. Whats your middle name, and do you like it? [name]Maureen[/name], and I like it because I’m named for my aunt who I love.
  5. What is your favourite baby name that you’ve heard this year(cant be your own and it has to be from someone you know well)? [name]Adela[/name]. I love it!
  6. Would you put [name]Abby[/name] by itself, or does it have to be a nickname for [name]Abilena[/name] or [name]Abigail[/name]? I would only use it as a nickname, personally.
  7. What do you think of the name [name]Bianca[/name]? I like it.
  8. What middle name would you put with [name]Angelica[/name]? I don’t love the name, but I’d do short and sweet, like [name]Angelica[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Angelica[/name] [name]May[/name].
  1. Yes. I loathe kreatyve spellings.
  2. I like the name [name]Alice[/name] for a girl. My mom doesn’t like it.
  3. No, but I think it’s horribly trendy now.
  4. [name]Marie[/name]. Yes, I was named after my great-grandmother.
  5. [name]Oliver[/name]. My stepdad’s brother’s grandson. Yes, that’s confusing I know. lol
  6. Has to be a nickname for [name]Abigail[/name]. I don’t like nicknames as full names.
  7. It’s pretty, but I wouldn’t use it.
  8. [name]Angelica[/name] [name]Mary[/name]