Nameberry memes (Part 1)

Fools on them, it’s [name_f]Gen[/name_f] Z too I love [name_f]Hydrangea[/name_f]

8 Likes

@baya44

1 Like

sometimes I wonder
nameberry’s name taste is so broad compared to the general internet, especially mine
they all either grandparent names who fit best on 100 year olds or on literal plants

4 Likes

Inspired by @EllieWilbury

My friends’ emotional problems:
I think I have to dump [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]. Things just aren’t working out, and he can’t get along with my best friend, [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]! If he can’t respect [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]… (*sob) then I can’t respect him.

My emotional problems:
I… I think I have to take [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] off of my UC. I just don’t love the name anymore, and it doesn’t flow with its previous middle, [name_m]Eugene[/name_m]. If it can’t flow with [name_m]Eugene[/name_m]… (*sob) I can’t love it anymore!

15 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am so honored by this :grin:

1 Like

this is so funny to me, because on the first list I ever made (I was about enine or ten) I had the amazing combo “Hydrangia Phobia” (spelled like that, I think :sweat_smile:) I posted the list on NB a while ago and Hydrangia Phobia was a group favorite :wink:

here it is!!

@halinka thanking you for tagging me, this is very important :wink:

8 Likes

Sephora was my first thought

1 Like

:grin:

You know you’re a name nerd when you see 2 sets of initials on a license plate & you spend the next 30 minutes trying to guess what they stand for

18 Likes

Please tell me that I’m not the only one who thinks of this guy whenever someone mentions [name_u]Kit[/name_u], please

8 Likes

Well now I will! I guess I never really thought of it before, since it’s not a full name…

1 Like

Yes, I always thinks of him! [name_f]Every[/name_f] time! But it’s not a bad association— I still love [name_u]Kit[/name_u] :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We love how this name was #940 in 1909. I mean, [name_m]Wmffre[/name_m] is considered a “similar” name.

9 Likes

105 kids- I can’t even imagine what I would name 105 children :joy::joy:

8 Likes

10 under 1 who all get a full 10 hours of sleep every night? Sure…

3 Likes

We have one baby at home and he makes us go insane

15 Likes

(a true story of my family getting a dog last year)

my dad: so what should we name him?

my siblings: pluto! spot! cookie! fluffy! buddy! ginger!

my mom: [name_f]Anna[/name_f], what do you think we should name him?

me: well, i was thinking something elegant, like [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m] or [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], with a middle name to honor his Swiss heritage–perhaps [name_m]Joaquim[/name_m] or [name_m]Paulo[/name_m]? Of course, we could always give him two middle names… ooh, I’ve got it! [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m]-[name_m]Augustus[/name_m] [name_m]Joaquim[/name_m] [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]! But then again, that really is quite a mouthful, and his second middle name isn’t amazing. Let’s do [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m]-[name_m]Augustus[/name_m] [name_m]Joaquim[/name_m] [name_m]Aurelian[/name_m] instead! but wait; does [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] run into [name_m]Aurelian[/name_m] too much?

my dad:

alright, it seems we’ve settled on Spot!

18 Likes

Is your dog’s name actually Spot?

Poll: What spelling do you prefer?

Elise
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]
[name_f]Ilse[/name_f]

me: :eyes: how do they all sound the same?

Poll: How do you say [name_f]Eila[/name_f]?

like [name_f]Isla[/name_f]
like [name_f]Ayla[/name_f]

me: :eyes: they do not all sound the same?

20 Likes

My teacher: Native [name_f]English[/name_f] speakers pronounce A and E differently.

Native [name_f]English[/name_f] speakers: AMELIA AND EMILIA SOUND SAME

Me: Huh

17 Likes