Nameberry's Top 25 - Results [Boys]

You all shared your top 25s with me, and I finally finished accumulating all the data! I like the idea of presenting this in a more analytical way, but don’t really have the energy for that after a very long day. Without further ado, here’s the top 25!

1. [name_u]August[/name_u]
  2. [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
  3. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
  4. [name_u]Wesley[/name_u]
  5. [name_u]Henry[/name_u]
  6. [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
  7. [name_u]Jack[/name_u]
  8. [name_u]James[/name_u]
  9. [name_u]Leo[/name_u]
  10. [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
  11. [name_u]Luca[/name_u]
  12. [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
  13. [name_u]Milo[/name_u]
  14. [name_m]Silas[/name_m]
  15. [name_u]Callum[/name_u]
  16. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
  17. [name_u]Daniel[/name_u]
  18. [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
  19. Eoghan/Owen
  20. [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
  21. [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
  22. [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
  23. [name_u]River[/name_u]
  24. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
  25. [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]

[name_f]Do[/name_f] any surprise you? For comparison’s sake, I did this 3 years ago as well, and here were the top 25 back then for comparison:

Summary
  1. Theodore
  2. Edmund
  3. Ezra
  4. Samuel
  5. James
  6. Benjamin
  7. Elliott
  8. Henry
  9. Arthur
  10. Caspar
  11. Elias
  12. Frederick
  13. Gideon
  14. Isaac
  15. Miles
  16. Oliver
  17. Raphael
  18. Sebastian
  19. Silas
  20. Arlo
  21. August
  22. Caspian
  23. Jude
  24. Leo
  25. River

Attempting to attach the full file for those who want to dive in deep, as well (for our responses this year, not 2020!). I would’ve loved to have enough responses so there were no ties, but alas, Nameberry would have to be much larger than it is for that! As it is, I’m thrilled that there were almost no ties in the top 5. For the sake of creating as much hierarchy as possible with this project, if names were listed with different spellings (Aksel and [name_u]Axel[/name_u], for example), I picked one spelling and counted it every time the name was mentioned. [name_u]Happy[/name_u] perusing :heart:

Top 25 [Boys].docx (26.7 KB)

15 Likes

Wow!! This is very cool :slight_smile: Thank you so much for compiling all of this!!

3 Likes

These are some of my favorite [name_u]Berry[/name_u] threads ever. It feels just as exciting to me as when the SSA popularity lists come out!

A lot of these are no surprise, although I did feel a little pang when I saw [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] made the ranks. Normally I don’t care about that sort of thing, but [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] feels like my special name that no one else would possibly ever use. :joy:

I love seeing [name_u]Wesley[/name_u], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_u]River[/name_u], and [name_m]Peter[/name_m] in particular. I’m shocked at how low [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] ranked, although I do feel that he’s on his way to join [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], and [name_f]Wildrose[/name_f] in the [name_u]Berry[/name_u] Trends Graveyard.

4 Likes

Aww this makes me so happy! It’s so time-consuming, but I enjoy doing them and watching the hierarchies form so much. Maybe I should do this yearly lol! We might need to double the traffic on Nameberry though so I can get double the responses haha.

And I sympathize with Shepherd - he is well loved here! I was watching Caspar climb and my heart did the opposite - I was so excited seeing him get the love! Somehow he dropped more than 15 spots from 3 years ago, though, which bodes well for me (maybe?). And Caspian sure could, although I think he’s got enough of a cult following thanks to Narnia that he’ll never go away completely!

1 Like

Thank you for doing this, it’s really interesting.

This list reminds me of how much my style is NOT typical for NB :sweat_smile: I do love [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] though, and I like [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] and [name_m]Peter[/name_m].

3 Likes

thank you for compiling this list! i am kind of surprised by how few of my names have made it into the list. only gabriel and james did, and maybe hugo. but these are what i would call popular names, atleast on nameberry.

once again, thank you! i love data compilations like these.

1 Like

I’m actually surprised by how many on this list I like, since I don’t consider my style to be very berry-ish! [name_u]Luca[/name_u], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_u]Daniel[/name_u] and [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] are very handsome <3

1 Like

this is so cool!! thank you for doing it!!

1 Like

It’s an interesting balance between very contemporary choices and very classic ones too! And they feel almost ‘softer’, gentler leaning.

[name_u]Callum[/name_u] surprises me a little - I don’t see it mentioned too often!

And [name_u]August[/name_u] certainly won by quite a way!

1 Like

Yes, he did surprise me! I was watching Caspar, Caspian, Callum, and Christopher battle it out - I was surprised Callum and Christopher out-won Caspar, but Caspar would’ve been top 25 if there wasn’t a last-minute submission for Alexander :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for compiling.

Didn’t get mine in this time, no worries. The girl list had a few that have woven their way in and out of my favor. Not really so for the boys list. [name_f]My[/name_f] style is quite obscure. However, compared to SSA data, the Nameberry list is certainly less mainstream and appealing!

I’m not sure there’s a name on the list I’d consider in real life. If I had to choose, it’d be [name_u]Callum[/name_u] or [name_m]Becket[/name_m].

[name_f]My[/name_f] current top 5 are: [name_u]Calder[/name_u] (family), [name_m]Cagney[/name_m], [name_u]Ames[/name_u], Gainer (family), [name_m]Jessup[/name_m] (family) and always my ds Grantson Metz.

1 Like

I believe [name_u]Jack[/name_u] is going to have an international run as long as [name_u]John[/name_u] did :wink:

1 Like

I love [name_u]August[/name_u], Jude,Henry,Leo,Milo,Callum🖤 great names overall

1 Like

I’ll have to catch you next time :slight_smile: Thinking about doing these every year, maybe, if I have the motivation. None of your current five would’ve made it remotely close into the top 25, you’re right, but I’m curious if there are some in your top 25 that would’ve!

That would cool because the Nameberry wave is certainly more fluid!

[name_f]My[/name_f] current top 25 boy names are: (f for family)

1. [name_u]Calder[/name_u] f 2. [name_m]Cagney[/name_m] 3. [name_m]Gallagher[/name_m] 4. [name_u]Ames[/name_u] 5. [name_m]Jessup[/name_m] f 6. Gainer f 7. [name_m]Warren[/name_m] f 8.
    [name_m]Johannes[/name_m] 9. [name_m]Riordan[/name_m] 10. [name_m]Taos[/name_m] 11. [name_m]Roark[/name_m] 12. [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] 13. [name_m]Tolliver[/name_m] 14. [name_u]Callahan[/name_u] 15. Buchan f 16. [name_m]Fleming[/name_m] f 17. [name_m]Lev[/name_m] 18. [name_m]Jed[/name_m] 19. [name_m]Law[/name_m] 20. [name_m]Chet[/name_m]

[name_u]Beckett[/name_u] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] were there for a while about 15 years ago.

1 Like

Well, at least [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_u]Callahan[/name_u] were repeats! I think [name_m]Warren[/name_m] and [name_m]Riordan[/name_m] might’ve been mentioned too.

1 Like

i feel like [name_u]Jack[/name_u] is on the decline here in the UK because it’s everyone’s name already :joy:

1 Like

@ashthedreamer [name_m]Warren[/name_m] is one of the most underrated classic boy names of all time in my opinion.

1 Like