Top 25 - Results (2024) - Boys

Hi berries!

This summer you gave me your 25 favorite boys’ names, and I’ve finally tallied up all the votes! Without further ado, here is Nameberry’s TRUE top 25 boys’ names of 2024 (in order):

1. Rowan
  2. Arthur
  3. August
  4. Caspar
  5. Henry
  6. Theodore
  7. Caspian
  8. Felix
  9. Hugo
  10. Sebastian
  11. Jack
  12. Oliver
  13. Rafael / Raphael
  14. Cosmo
  15. Elliot
  16. Griffin
  17. Kit
  18. Linus
  19. Thomas
  20. Abel
  21. Callum
  22. Edmund
  23. Edward
  24. Forest
  25. George

For comparison, the top 25 from last year:

Summary
  1. August
  2. Jude
  3. Theodore
  4. Wesley
  5. Henry
  6. Everett
  7. Jack
  8. James
  9. Leo
  10. Shepherd
  11. Luca
  12. Samuel
  13. Milo
  14. Silas
  15. Callum
  16. Caspian
  17. Daniel
  18. Elliot
  19. Owen
  20. Gabriel
  21. Hugo
  22. Peter
  23. River
  24. Alexander
  25. Beckett

I’m attaching the full file here so you can see all the data. So ironic to go back and view some of the comments from last year’s results thread (click here!) and see how right (or wrong) we were about some of these names. Do any from this year’s list surprise you? Because I was surprised by some of these names this year!

This has been so much fun! See you again next summer and we’ll do it all again! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Top 25 [Boys 2024].docx (26.7 KB)

11 Likes

I would use most of these names.
Is anyone else surprised [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] is so high?

1 Like

lol me :joy:

I was very surprised! [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] for girls maybe, but Cosmo?! Anyway. There were a lot of weird outliers this year, [name_f]Kiara[/name_f] was in the girls top 10 for a weirdly long amount of time too.

1 Like

This is a very [name_f]Berry[/name_f] list! I don’t feel like I see [name_m]Griffin[/name_m], [name_m]Abel[/name_m], or [name_m]George[/name_m] mentioned that often, but they do totally fit the “Berry” style.

I think the list has gotten more distinctly “Berry” since last year too! Lots of names that are less popular statistically compared to last year’s list.

2 Likes

Definitely seconding that this is a very [name_f]Berry[/name_f] list. So cool to see these results, thanks so much for doing this!

Yep definitely surprised!

2 Likes

Omg yay!! I love how [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] is number 1 (I could have broken that tie if one of my 2 Romans were off a letter!! and I do LOVE Rowan!)

I am also suprised about [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]! And also second that I would use most of these names! It is a very berry list, in the best way :strawberry::blueberries:

1 Like

Maybe I spend too much time on the forums but none really surprise me besides maybe [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] with this spelling and [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] and [name_m]George[/name_m] - like, I’m not thinking ??? more like, huh, people like them that much?

Thank you for sharing this!

2 Likes

This list is actually way less surprising to me than last years! [name_m]Linus[/name_m] is very interesting to see, as well as that spelling of [name_m]Caspar[/name_m]!

1 Like

Hahaha I was torn between sharing the names that were tied (at the time you responded they were [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]August[/name_m], [name_m]Rowan[/name_m], and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], but then [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] got some votes), but in the end I decided I didn’t want to inadvertently influence the names people submitted!

Well because the sample size is fairly small, I do combine spellings. [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] collectively with [name_m]Casper[/name_m] or [name_m]Kaspar[/name_m] etc. ranked that high, but still, [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] usually wins over [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] so I was pleasantly surprised that [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] got more votes than [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] this time!

Hahaha we were wrong about [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] dropping in popularity last year though! :joy::joy:. I think what surprised me the most for the boys was [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m], WHERE did he come from?! Also a little surprised [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] won, until like the last 5 people shared their top 25s, [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] was winning by a fairly large margin, so I was pretty sure [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] would’ve been this year’s #1s, but [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] is in my top 4 so I am not mad at this at all :joy::joy:

3 Likes