Naming inanimate objects

Sometimes I give names to my inanimate possessions. I know I’m not alone in this, so let’s hear all of your names! :slight_smile:

Mine are:
Shadowfax – my white 2004 Toyota Corolla, name chosen by my husband
[name_m]Marcel[/name_m] – my iPod, named after an excellent restaurant in [name_m]Washington[/name_m], D.C.
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] – my recently named iPhone; [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] means “to talk well” :stuck_out_tongue:

[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] bear: [name_u]Micky[/name_u] (Like [name_u]Micky[/name_u] [name_m]Dolenz[/name_m], not [name_u]Mickey[/name_u] Mouse. lol)
Stuffed frog: Pickle
American Girl doll: [name_f]Jorja[/name_f]
My beloved red Fender P-Bass guitar: [name_m]Rocky[/name_m]

My best friend jokingly named my harmonica [name_f]Linda[/name_f] for whatever reason and it stuck, and she named hers [name_m]John[/name_m], after [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Lennon[/name_m]. lol We’re weird.

My car is [name_m]Zeke[/name_m]
My bass guitars are PJ, [name_u]Reggy[/name_u], Scrabble and The Unknown [name_m]Bandit[/name_m]
My friend’s named by HP laptop [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], but I’m not really down for that
My Keurig is [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], for whatever reason

I also don’t think I own a stuffed animal without a name, so we won’t get into that.

My silver Macbook Pro - [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]
My pink iPod - [name_f]Amy[/name_f] (it means beloved and this is my one electronic device that makes my life happier)

My old orange Dell - Clementine

I don’t go out of my way to name stuff… but if a name hits me I use it.
I also like to name things in association with their color

My mac book: [name_m]Woody[/name_m] nn [name_m]Bob[/name_m] (I get called [name_m]Buzz[/name_m] but I wanted to change his name but my friend said thats not possible so his nicknames [name_m]Bob[/name_m])
Thats it actually.

[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] the Macbook.
I’ve had bassoons by the name of [name_f]Cara[/name_f], [name_u]Stanley[/name_u], [name_m]Giovanni[/name_m], and [name_m]Ricardo[/name_m].

Thought I’d throw in my husband’s:
[name_f]Vera[/name_f] – his iPhone, named after [name_f]Jayne[/name_f]'s favorite gun in Firefly
Arianrhod – his silver Toyota [name_f]Camry[/name_f]; Arianrhod means “silver wheel” (I named this one!)

Car: [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_f]Kindle[/name_f]: [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
Ipad [name_f]Mini[/name_f]: [name_m]Fargo[/name_m]
Iphone: [name_f]Gloria[/name_f]
Laptop: [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]

I’ve always named my cars… And a lot of thought went into the naming too!

My first car was a 1990 Chrysler Lebaron, which I decided was [name_m]French[/name_m], and thus named him [name_u]Antoine[/name_u] (after a boy I met on a trip to [name_f]France[/name_f]), last name Deuxportes (it was a two-door car). I thought I was hilarious. Unfortunately, [name_u]Antoine[/name_u] Deuxportes was pronounced dead after a somewhat reckless attempt to get to school on-time on an icy road. In the years since, I’ve had [name_u]Toby[/name_u], [name_m]Jamal[/name_m] and [name_f]Andie[/name_f]. My friends and family think I’m insane, but all agree that the names fit the cars perfectly :slight_smile:

Laptop: [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
Car: [name_f]Hattie[/name_f]
[name_m]Bear[/name_m] phone case: [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

So it’s not as weird to name inanimate objects as my friends and family think! Haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Laptop: [name_m]Percival[/name_m] nn [name_u]Percy[/name_u] (I do use both, haha)
iPhone: [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Cordy[/name_f]
Typewriters: [name_f]Nelle[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] (after [name_f]Nelle[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]), [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Viola[/name_f] (after [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] and [name_f]Viola[/name_f] from Twelfth [name_m]Night[/name_m]), [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] (after [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u])
Old laptop: [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
Random pot of flowers at home: [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
Stuffed animals include [name_f]Mocha[/name_f] (puppy), [name_f]Amy[/name_f] and [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] (pandas).

I named our GPS Karmin. It’s a Garmin. :slight_smile:

I named my bike Bichael (like [name_m]Michael[/name_m] with a B) I’m very proud of myself lol
and my dogs toys have very creative names: [name_m]Jeffries[/name_m], [name_f]Tangerine[/name_f] (Tangee), [name_f]Tandy[/name_f], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], Lambo, [name_m]Randolph[/name_m], [name_m]Lenny[/name_m], [name_m]Cain[/name_m], etc
my laptop’s name is Edwin, a giant stuffed animal lion named Thisbe, and I have a bear stuffed animal from Utah called Tedward Bear

Edited for privacy.

Haha, love it.

My MacBook: [name_f]Monday[/name_f], because its a finicky little bugger
My Android phone: [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
My Pontiac Grand Prix: Poncho
My sisters red [name_m]Chevy[/name_m] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u]: [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
My sisters acoustic guitar: [name_u]Izzy[/name_u]
Her electric guitar: [name_m]Bob[/name_m]
The blue spruce tree in front of our house: [name_m]Bruce[/name_m]

Good memories…great post idea!

I love this thread because I name EVERYTHING, haha

my phone: [name_u]Stacey[/name_u]
my guitar: [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]
my lacrosse stick: [name_f]Millie[/name_f]
my backpack: [name_f]Karlie[/name_f]
my purse: [name_u]James[/name_u]
my suitcase: [name_f]Lyla[/name_f]
my sister’s car: [name_f]Cece[/name_f] (we both immediately had the same idea for the name because the letters on her license plate are CEC)

I have a blow-up alien named [name_m]Jim[/name_m] and my roommate has christmas ornament elf named [name_u]Barry[/name_u].

They’ve gotten kicked out of the dorm numerous times and are well-talked about within the hall lol

My mango-colored water bottle is named [name_f]Peggy[/name_f].

Laptop - [name_f]Dorita[/name_f]
Mobile/cell phone - [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] (after [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] Lightfoot, the Canadian musician)
Kettle - [name_f]Maxine[/name_f]
Microwave - [name_m]Marcus[/name_m]
Toaster - [name_m]Clive[/name_m]
Fridge - [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
Freezer - [name_m]Nathan[/name_m]
Oven - [name_m]Russell[/name_m]
Washing Machine - [name_m]Reg[/name_m]
Dryer - [name_m]Ron[/name_m]
[name_u]Christmas[/name_u] tree - [name_m]Garth[/name_m]
Nintendo DS - [name_m]Iggy[/name_m]
Musical Keyboard - Mr [name_m]Keys[/name_m]
Compact Disc Player - Mr [name_u]Steele[/name_u]