Narrowed to 5 (I think?), but so stuck!

We’re pretty sure we’ve got things narrowed down for our final girl, but now we can’t decide (and still open to something we may have missed)! Fortunately we both love all the names, somewhat equally, but that’s also the problem since she really just needs one first name :sweat_smile:

Here’s where we’re stuck (in alphabetical order):

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] or [name_f]Annaclara[/name_f]
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]

She’ll have two middle names, which will probably be a combination of the above or some runners-up, such as [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], or [name_f]Annemarie[/name_f].

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] (or maybe [name_f]Annaclara[/name_f], or could be [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Klara[/name_f] to match my husband’s culture’s spelling) is a very new one that we both really like. It crosses our cultures and languages well, has family ties, and feels classic, but fun. At the same time, she almost feels too cutesy?

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] is a long-time favorite, and we love the old world royalty feel. She’s definitely more stuffy and while we don’t nickname much, we don’t love some of the possible nicknames.

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is also a longtime favorite, with lots of meaning. Downsides are popularity and similarity to Bl@ise.

[name_f]Helena[/name_f] crosses our cultures and languages extremely well and has family ties. We’re not huge nicknamers, but the nicknames are very sweet. The pronunciation variations don’t bother us at all. We’d use Helen-uh, and feel any corrections would be easy enough. She feels a tad formal though.

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] is our longest favorite, but I’ve gotten ‘cold feet’ because she feels so cold :sweat_smile:

Big siblings are M@rielle, Cor@, Nikol@i, and Bl@ise L0uie.

What do you think about these names? Any that jump out?

Anything we’re missing? We keep looking just to make sure we haven’t overlooked a gem!

3 Likes

I think [name_f]Helena[/name_f] best matches the feel of your other kids’ names, and I love the nickname potential. Otherwise, Anna/Annaclara is an intriguing choice that works quite well.

1 Like

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Klara[/name_f] is standing out to me - bright, charming and lovely, with a bit of flair and strength too.

I like [name_f]Helena[/name_f] too - balances well between familiar, gentle and strong

1 Like

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Klara[/name_f] is the standout for me. The K spelling in particular is so sparkly! I don’t find it cutesy at all!

[name_f]Helena[/name_f] would be my second choice. Your preferred pronunciation may add a bit of formality, but it still feels approachable.

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] is another favorite, but maybe still not quite right for this baby? Not sure if you’ve already got middle names, but I think it would work well as a middle for any of your other options.

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is nice, but doesn’t seem quite as distinctive as your other choices. I also really like [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], but I would be more hesitant if you’re aren’t onboard with any of the nicknames.

1 Like

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f], [name_f]Helena[/name_f], or [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f].

Really, [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] feels cold?

[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] comes to mind because of its similarity/nn options but is less formal.

A few others (assuming you want a different initial than the sibs):

[name_f]Annette[/name_f]
[name_f]Elaina[/name_f] /Elaine
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]

Hopefully these help :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] is my favourite from your list, and it works wonderfully with your other kids’ names. I understand what you mean about it feeling “cold”, but I’m sure once it belongs to your beautiful girl you will feel differently about that! I’d give it bonus points for being your longest favourite.

2 Likes

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] is my favorite by far. It goes with siblings names and each of your daughters would have their own ending. I don’t think it feels cold at all.

1 Like

Your list is fabulous. If you still have time, you and your husband could try out one name per week where you imagine she is already named. The exercise might give you some assurance or clarity about your feelings for each name. It could also be an opportunity for one name to rise to the top.

I enjoy all the names on your list but I’m most excited by [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Klara[/name_f]. This is the spelling I would choose especially to distance it further from C’s name. The next name I’m drawn to is [name_f]Helena[/name_f]. It feels very fitting for your family, has a great meaning and introduces new sounds to the sibling set.

I really like [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] here in theory but I would leave it off the list if you’re not feeling it. If it’s the right call, you won’t miss it and if you keep thinking about the name then you’ve gotten valuable information. [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] isn’t quite vibing with her older sibling names’ so it’s lower down the list for me. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] would be the lowest because of the downsides you’ve listed and again the styles clash a bit for me.

[name_f]My[/name_f] last suggestion is to make middle name combinations with your list to see if a certain combination steals your hearts. That might help you narrow your list down further. All the best with your decision.

1 Like

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] are lovely :smiling_face:

1 Like

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] and [name_f]Annaclara[/name_f] / [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] / [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Klara[/name_f] (I like all the spellings) are my favorites. I think they both sound pretty. [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] doesn’t feel cold to me, and if she is your longest favorite, then I think you should go with it. [name_f]Annaclara[/name_f] flows nicely, and it is good that it crosses our cultures and languages well, and has family ties. I agree that it feels both classic and fun. Other names that she could go by with the name [name_f]Annaclara[/name_f] include, but are not limited to: [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Ann[/name_f], [name_f]Clare[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is my choice. You might also like [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f].

1 Like

I love [name_f]Helena[/name_f] with your other kids’ names!

1 Like

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] - potentially one of my favorites in general - there was an [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] in my own family tree and I think it’s gorgeous! I don’t find her cutesy at all - I find her romantic and international and full of personality. [name_f]My[/name_f] only hesitation is the similarities in sound for [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and C0ra.

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] - tbh not really my cup of tea. I love the [name_m]August[/name_m] names for boys, but I never really saw the appeal of [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]. I couldn’t tell you why, but she feels like she fits least well with your kiddos (but is not a bad match in general, I just find [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] really musty and old-fashioned. Sorry! Objectively she’s fine, just not my style personally.

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] - love love [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] but I see your point with Blaise; I’m not sure I love the similarities to M@rielle’s ending either. But I think stylistically she’s a great fit.

[name_f]Helena[/name_f] - maybe a bit formal but I don’t think any more so than Mar!elle or Nik0lai? I am a big, big [name_f]Helena[/name_f] fan; I love her with your kiddos. She’s probably my second favorite with your kiddos, but potentially my favorite in general (although I am a big [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] fan too).

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] - I can see the hesitation with Ingrid… but she’s truly lovely, and I absolutely my favorite for your kiddos. I couldn’t tell you why, but she feels like the perfect addition to your kiddos - I don’t know that I could’ve picked a name I like better with them even if I’d tried. I don’t really find her cold; she feels a bit like [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] to me, no frills, but glamorously feminine, full of history and charm and character. She always makes me think of one of my historical heroes, [name_f]Gladys[/name_f] Aylward, because of the film Inn of the Sixth [name_f]Happiness[/name_f] (if you’re not familiar, she was a missionary to [name_f]China[/name_f] who spied on the Japanese during WWII and rescued 100 orphans from the Japanese army). I’m not the hugest fan of most of the nns (Inna/Ina, [name_f]Inga[/name_f], Indie?) but I did see someone mention on another thread [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] and I think that’s super sweet.

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] is my favorite choice for you, but I’m a big fan of [name_f]Helena[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f], too (probably in that order).

Good luck!

1 Like

What a list! I can see why you’re torn.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites objectively and with your other children’s names are [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], [name_f]Helena[/name_f] and [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f].

I do like [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and definitely don’t think it’s too cutesy, but, as we’re looking to eliminate, I’d eliminate based on the similarity of [name_f]Clara[/name_f] to Cor@.

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is very nice and I love the nature meaning, but I prefer the more upright, regal sounding names with sibling’s names. I’d also eliminate based on similarity in sounds to Bl@ise.

I think of my three favourites, I’d have to say [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]. This would be based on your reservations about [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] (though it’s fabulous and grand, particularly with the boy’s names), [name_f]Helena[/name_f] feeling a little more soft and ‘normy’ for want of a better term against the other sibling names, and giving the girls their own ending sounds rather than the asymmetry of two with an -a and one without. I do get what your saying re it feeling cold, though I can also easily think of midsummer with this name - azure blue skies and flower crowns.

You have absolutely gorgeous names here, I love your taste (I also adore [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and Pearl). The balance of head and heart when choosing a name makes it so difficult - whatever you choose will be a winner.

[name_f]Helena[/name_f] is my favorite from your list. She isn’t any more formal than Nic0lai.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal ranking is:

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] / [name_f]Annaclara[/name_f]
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] is just effortlessly cool, she knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to go and get it. i wouldn’t say it’s cold, but understand where you’re coming from with that description. It’s also fairly nickname proof if you’re not a big nickname person so could be either a pro or con

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] (any spelling) is lovely, it has a regal vibe without being pretentious or stuffy. It also ties in with Bl@ise L0uie having a double name while your other kids don’t

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] is a bit dusty, but I think it’s very approachable. Not sure which nicknames you like or dislike but I love [name_f]Aggie[/name_f] as an option. [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] could be another option if [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] is not completely what you’re looking for. It does give me old world vibes, almost Bavarian (probably more due to me thinking of [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] from [name_m]Willy[/name_m] Wonka). But it can also double as a place name as it’s the capital city of [name_m]Maine[/name_m] so does have a bit of a [name_m]North[/name_m] Eastern vibe as well

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] are both very pretty names, but for me feel a bit bland or safe next to your other choices. I really like both so you can’t go wrong, but think your other choices are more exciting

1 Like

I would personally pick [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] or [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Klara[/name_f], but keep [name_f]Anna[/name_f] as the first name, [name_f]Clara[/name_f] as the first middle and then add [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] as your second middle:

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is lyrical, regal and down to earth fabulous in my opinion :slight_smile:

1 Like

The one I loved the most is [name_f]Helena[/name_f].

1 Like

I like [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] the most with the names of your other little ones. I do have a soft spot for the name [name_f]Helena[/name_f] though as well, I love it! You have such lovely choices!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], a lovely classic.

1 Like