NB Berry names you think are over the top/bland/weird

I’m just curious on your take because I know that not everyone is into all of the very [name_u]Berry[/name_u] names

Over the top: [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]

Bland: [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Imogene[/name_f] so much more because (and I know [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] came first) but I think the pronunciation sounds better and more natural as if that is what it was meant to be all along like [name_f]Imogene[/name_f]

[name_u]Kit[/name_u] - never have liked for males or females. It just grates on my soul lol + it’s too American girl doll for me

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] - too complicated of a spelling for me

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] - probably the “bel/belle” name I like the least. It’s too childlike for my tastes because I simply can’t picture it on a serious grown woman who’s like an executive director or something, the name makes me picture a young child or an early teenager and if an adult ever pops up she’s a stay at home parent who bakes all the time. That’s just the imagery the name makes me think of and I don’t know how to change it, my guess is because I’ve actually never met a [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] in real day to day life

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] - I strongly dislike this name (sorry to all those who like it or love it). Far too nicknamey for my style coupled with being a little too girly and naive seeming. I also knew a girl named [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] in 8th grade and she was very standoffish towards me whenever I had any groups with her and it made me think she hated my guts lol which may or may not be true :woman_shrugging:

Hello,

I think we have plenty of topics on this subject—the “names you hate” threads are a category we like to stay away from as a community because they honestly bring more negativity than they bring meaningful discussions.

If you’d like to post your thoughts, please consider an existing thread:

3 Likes