What's your least favourite "I don't care if everyone loves that name , I don't" first names?

I would say [name_m]Dave[/name_m]

Freya, Cora (+ her variants), Amelia, and Felix just don’t click

1 Like

[name_u]Leo[/name_u]

2 Likes

felix. just doesn’t…

4 Likes

[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], Elowen; [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_m]Soren[/name_m], [name_m]Mark[/name_m], [name_u]Wilder[/name_u], and the name I hate the most for both genders: [name_u]Greer[/name_u]

3 Likes

I can’t believe I forgot this! Seconding it! Just doesn’t feel like a name to me.

4 Likes

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]

3 Likes

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] automatically comes to mind. I don’t know why but I’m just not fond

4 Likes

Agree. Also [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] I just can’t.

1 Like

Charlotte!!

1 Like

Emily/Emma.

2 Likes

I mean absolutely no offense to anyone who loves these names. While they aren’t for me, I can totally appreciate them for other people!

IRL: [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_m]Jacob[/name_m], [name_u]Noah[/name_u]
On nameberry: [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_u]Laurence[/name_u], [name_u]Arthur[/name_u]
Both: [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] and other spellings, [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

Also, I second literally every name that has been mentioned except for [name_f]Emma[/name_f].

2 Likes

I’m totally shocked by some of these. :rofl: It’s cool to see everyone’s takes!

For me, it’s [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], and [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] for girls; [name_u]Leo[/name_u], [name_u]Jackson[/name_u], and [name_u]Daniel[/name_u] (which I have highly negative personal associations with) for boys.

[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] for a girl, [name_u]James[/name_u] for a boy

[name_f]Gianna[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f] and [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] and [name_u]Daniel[/name_u]

So many of these are my favourites, plus one of them is my name! :joy:

I agree! It’s really interesting. I honestly believe that a significant portion of our naming style is shaped by our experiences and upbringing.

That being said, I don’t click with:

Arlo, Milo, and Levi for boys; Olivia, Wren, and Ruby for girls.

No hard feelings towards bearers of these names, though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I so agree with you! This is such a fantastic idea to ponder:

One we may never wholly understand, but that is a part of all of our tastes and picks.

I, too, mean not an ounce of malice with my takes. They’re all objectively good names to wear and enjoy—zero hard feelings.

PS: I always love reading your posts and ideas, and I just love your presence on here, Stella! Not at all a dig to you that your name just happens not quite to be my own style. It feels strange to mention your name on here without mentioning that to you, so I thought I would. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], Indie/Indy, [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u], [name_u]Fox[/name_u], Bowie…though now that I’ve listed them, those are seeming less like random dislikes, and more of a clearly groupable definition of what isn’t my taste in baby names :joy:

Names I should like but just don’t would be [name_f]Edith[/name_f], [name_u]Fern[/name_u], Imogen…

2 Likes

For boys, [name_u]August[/name_u] (and all variants), [name_u]Milo[/name_u], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u], [name_m]Bear[/name_m], [name_m]Albert[/name_m] (and most -bert names).

For girls: [name_f]Maddy[/name_f], [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Viola[/name_f], [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] (and all variants), [name_f]Clementine[/name_f].

2 Likes