Need Advice For Twin Girls

I am not pregnant but am currently going through fertility treatment. If we have twin girls, I know one of the girl’s names is going to be [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. I can’t decide on the other girl’s name. Right now I am trying to decide between [name_f]Freya[/name_f] and [name_f]Ciera[/name_f] (pronounced Sierra). What are your thoughts? Thanks!

4 Likes

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] are perfect for twin girls! :fallen_leaf:

I quite like [name_f]Ciera[/name_f], but the [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] spelling is more appealing to me.

Here are a few more suggestions…

[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_u]Esme[/name_u]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nessa[/name_f]
[name_u]Greer[/name_u]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps! :ear_of_rice:

1 Like

Thank you for your response! I love [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_f]Nessa[/name_f]! Was thinking [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] as a contender but didn’t know how I felt about [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]. I figured since [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is an Irish name to try to go with another Irish-sounding name.

But I also love [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] as twin girl names. :blush:

1 Like

Oo fingers crossed for twin girls in your future!

Super love [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]! Short and spunky but also feminine and classic. Also love [name_f]Freya[/name_f] and I like [name_f]Ciera[/name_f] too. Both feel more matchy for twins than what I personally would choose. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] feels really different but still starts with F and ends with A. [name_f]Ciera[/name_f] sounds quite similar to me. Im definitely more drawn to [name_f]Freya[/name_f] because I enjoy how [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] feel distinctly different personalities. [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Ciera[/name_f] are cute but just ok for me.

I like the idea of [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] a bunch.

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is super cute! Might have to tell DH that one. Thank you for responding :blush:

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and Freya:) I would have voted for [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] though.

A few ideas with Fiona…

[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Keira[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is Scottish, if that helps to broaden your search. You could still focus on more ‘Gaelic’ sounding names, but that can go across [name_u]Scotland[/name_u] and [name_u]Ireland[/name_u]. There are also Welsh and Norse (Freya) options.

I find [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] to be a bit too matchy, but I am not keen on the [name_f]Cierra[/name_f] spelling. [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] would definitely be my pick.

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Jenny[/name_f] (I knew sisters who were [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and Jenny)
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Ailsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Eira[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Bethan[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and Harrriet
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Catriona[/name_f] (cah-tree-nah)
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] & [name_f]Freya[/name_f] would be amazing names for twins girls!

They have the perfect amount of cohesiveness without being too matchy-matchy. Best of luck with the treatments :heart:

2 Likes

I would go with Ciera; [name_f]Freya[/name_f] and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] seem too similar for twin names to me.

2 Likes

I would go with [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] & [name_u]Sierra[/name_u]
If you have to add “(pronunciation)” after a name… that’s not a fun name to have, IMHO.

Also, [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] wherever she will go.
[name_f]Cierra[/name_f] / [name_f]Ciera[/name_f] will be pronounced every which way when she travels (ci = chi, she, see [see being the rarest pronunciation]). So you can get see-era, see-air/a, see-ra, chee-era, chee-air/a, chee-ra, shee-era, shee-air/a, shee-ra).

In my own experience, that’s not fun. Especially if no one else ever mispronounces your SISTER’S name, but they mispronounce yours every which way.

[name_u]Sierra[/name_u] spelling or another alternative might be better.

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Freya[/name_f] better than [name_f]Ciera[/name_f] with [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. And I LOVE [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]!

Other ideas:

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Breanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Kiera[/name_f]
[name_f]Leela[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Livia[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure I like either of them, but the [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] spelling would be higher. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites with [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] would be~

[name_f]Eilidh[/name_f] (AY-lee)
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Nessa[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: love it!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f]. [name_f]Ciera[/name_f] is a name that will get mispronounced a lot.

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] too.

1 Like

And [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Morven[/name_f].

1 Like

Thank you all so much for your responses :blush: you’ve given me so many awesome names to choose from.

I’ll suggest

[name_f]Oona[/name_f] - [name_f]Orla[/name_f] - [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] are made for each other. Those are beyond perfect. Couldn’t love that pair more. :tulip:

If [name_f]Freya[/name_f] isn’t sparking you with love, I’d also personally consider…
[name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Feyre[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Franny[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] are a bit too close for sibling names for me, IMO.

I like [name_f]Ciera[/name_f] and I think the spelling is fine! I used to know a [name_f]Ciera[/name_f].

1 Like