Need Advice For Twin Girls

I am not pregnant but am currently going through fertility treatment. If we have twin girls, I know one of the girl’s names is going to be [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. I can’t decide on the other girl’s name. Right now I am trying to decide between [name_f]Freya[/name_f] and [name_f]Ciera[/name_f] (pronounced Sierra). What are your thoughts? Thanks!

4 Likes

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] are perfect for twin girls! :fallen_leaf:

I quite like [name_f]Ciera[/name_f], but the [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] spelling is more appealing to me.

Here are a few more suggestions…

[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_u]Esme[/name_u]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nessa[/name_f]
[name_u]Greer[/name_u]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps! :ear_of_rice:

1 Like

Thank you for your response! I love [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_f]Nessa[/name_f]! Was thinking [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] as a contender but didn’t know how I felt about [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]. I figured since [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is an Irish name to try to go with another Irish-sounding name.

But I also love [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] as twin girl names. :blush:

1 Like

Oo fingers crossed for twin girls in your future!

Super love [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]! Short and spunky but also feminine and classic. Also love [name_f]Freya[/name_f] and I like [name_f]Ciera[/name_f] too. Both feel more matchy for twins than what I personally would choose. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] feels really different but still starts with F and ends with A. [name_f]Ciera[/name_f] sounds quite similar to me. Im definitely more drawn to [name_f]Freya[/name_f] because I enjoy how [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] feel distinctly different personalities. [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Ciera[/name_f] are cute but just ok for me.

I like the idea of [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] a bunch.

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is super cute! Might have to tell DH that one. Thank you for responding :blush:

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and Freya:) I would have voted for [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] though.

A few ideas with Fiona…

[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Keira[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]

1 Like

Fiona is Scottish, if that helps to broaden your search. You could still focus on more ‘Gaelic’ sounding names, but that can go across Scotland and Ireland. There are also Welsh and Norse (Freya) options.

I find Fiona and Freya to be a bit too matchy, but I am not keen on the Cierra spelling. Fiona and Sierra would definitely be my pick.

Fiona and Jenny (I knew sisters who were Fiona and Jenny)
Fiona and Claire
Fiona and Ailsa
Fiona and Isla
Fiona and Maeve
Fiona and Eira
Fiona and Bethan
Fiona and Harrriet
Fiona and Catriona (cah-tree-nah)
Fiona and Clara

1 Like

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] & [name_f]Freya[/name_f] would be amazing names for twins girls!

They have the perfect amount of cohesiveness without being too matchy-matchy. Best of luck with the treatments :heart:

2 Likes

I would go with Ciera; [name_f]Freya[/name_f] and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] seem too similar for twin names to me.

2 Likes

I would go with [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] & [name_u]Sierra[/name_u]
If you have to add “(pronunciation)” after a name… that’s not a fun name to have, IMHO.

Also, [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] wherever she will go.
[name_f]Cierra[/name_f] / [name_f]Ciera[/name_f] will be pronounced every which way when she travels (ci = chi, she, see [see being the rarest pronunciation]). So you can get see-era, see-air/a, see-ra, chee-era, chee-air/a, chee-ra, shee-era, shee-air/a, shee-ra).

In my own experience, that’s not fun. Especially if no one else ever mispronounces your SISTER’S name, but they mispronounce yours every which way.

[name_u]Sierra[/name_u] spelling or another alternative might be better.

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Freya[/name_f] better than [name_f]Ciera[/name_f] with [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. And I LOVE [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]!

Other ideas:

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Breanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Kiera[/name_f]
[name_f]Leela[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Livia[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure I like either of them, but the [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] spelling would be higher. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites with [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] would be~

[name_f]Eilidh[/name_f] (AY-lee)
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Nessa[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: love it!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f]. [name_f]Ciera[/name_f] is a name that will get mispronounced a lot.

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] too.

1 Like

And [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Morven[/name_f].

1 Like

Thank you all so much for your responses :blush: you’ve given me so many awesome names to choose from.

I’ll suggest

[name_f]Oona[/name_f] - [name_f]Orla[/name_f] - [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] are made for each other. Those are beyond perfect. Couldn’t love that pair more. :tulip:

If [name_f]Freya[/name_f] isn’t sparking you with love, I’d also personally consider…
[name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Feyre[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Franny[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] are a bit too close for sibling names for me, IMO.

I like [name_f]Ciera[/name_f] and I think the spelling is fine! I used to know a [name_f]Ciera[/name_f].

1 Like