Need another "C" name!

Wanted to get some feedback on the following “C” name combos for baby bro-to-be to [name]Cole[/name] & [name]Cate[/name]…I KNOW…the whole “C” Theme just happened…fell in [name]LOVE[/name] with simplistic and strong [name]Cole[/name] [name]Patrick[/name], then [name]Baby[/name] [name]Sister[/name] came along, and honored both Grandmother’s by naming her [name]Cate[/name] [name]Maura[/name]…so, the “C” Pattern was born, LOL! Anyway, middle name will be [name]Reed[/name] or [name]Porter[/name] after family…have had some other “C” combos on the list, but haven’t really got any feedback about the following names…thoughts? Thank You, Thank You!

• [name]Chaz[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
  • [name]Chaz[/name] [name]Reed[/name]
  • [name]Chet[/name] [name]Porter[/name]
  • [name]Carter[/name] [name]Reed[/name]

I think [name]Chaz[/name] and [name]Chet[/name] both work better if they are nicknames for something else. [name]Cate[/name] I can see working because it doesn’t really sound nicknamey, and [name]Cole[/name] is a great, complete name in itself. Have you considered any longer versions, like [name]Charles[/name] or [name]Chester[/name]? I know those are longer, but I think they work better. I really like [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Carter[/name] [name]Reed[/name] sounds lovely with [name]Cate[/name] and [name]Cole[/name]. Not sure if you’re looking for other names but some other short and sweet “C” names I can think of are [name]Curt[/name], [name]Caleb[/name], [name]Chase[/name], [name]Clyde[/name], [name]Clay[/name], [name]Calvin[/name] and [name]Clark[/name]. [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

[name]Cole[/name] and [name]Cate[/name] are such lovely, classy, yet simple names. I think [name]Chaz[/name] and [name]Chet[/name] fit the criteria of short and sweet C names, but I really don’t care for either at all. [name]Chaz[/name] is just a nickname to me, and I really dislike the -az ending for some reason. [name]Chet[/name] also sounds nicknamey and abrupt. However, I think [name]Charles[/name] would go wonderfully with your set. It seems like a ‘longer’ name, but it is just one syllable as well. I just think it fits a lot more class and style into that one syllable!! [name]Charles[/name] [name]Reed[/name] would get my vote, but I like [name]Carter[/name] [name]Reed[/name] as well!

Thanks [name]Doll[/name]! We actually did have [name]Clay[/name] on our list, along with [name]Connor[/name], [name]Cash[/name], [name]Coen[/name]…but since then, we have nixed [name]Connor[/name], (we have TOO many ourselves), and we have had concerns about the whole “[name]Cohen[/name]” Debate…despite our preferred spelling of “[name]Coen[/name]”, (to avoid any scandal, lol!) and then [name]Cash[/name] is a bit flashy, though loved the soft “a” sound, as in [name]Chaz[/name]…

Thank You! I like [name]Charles[/name]…but it is a bit formal for hubby…yes, I had thought that if we had had a “[name]Baby[/name] [name]Sister[/name]” on the way that [name]Claire[/name]/[name]Clare[/name] would have been a shoe-in, lol! Perhaps, this will NOT be our last after all! A sister for [name]Cate[/name] would be lovely!

Thanks [name]Doll[/name]! We actually did have [name]Clay[/name] on our list, along with [name]Connor[/name], [name]Cash[/name], [name]Coen[/name]…but since then, we have nixed [name]Connor[/name], (we have known TOO many ourselves), and we have had concerns about the whole “[name]Cohen[/name]” Debate…despite our preferred spelling of “[name]Coen[/name]”, (to avoid any scandal, lol!) and then [name]Cash[/name] is a bit flashy, though loved the soft “a” sound, as in [name]Chaz[/name]…[/quote]

I agree with previous posters that [name]Chaz[/name] and [name]Chet[/name] are too nick-namey to be given names. [name]Carter[/name] is nms. I worked at a bounce house last summer that involved watching a lot of kids and I distinctly remember three (yes 3) very very naughty little Carters. I couldnt believe that all three of them had the same name and all three were some of the worst kids I dealt with all summer. Im sure it is just a coincidence but now everytime I hear the name [name]Carter[/name] I think spoiled little brat who needs disciplined.

As far as other C names go what do you think about [name]Craig[/name], [name]Cooper[/name], [name]Clark[/name], [name]Carsten[/name], or [name]Caleb[/name]?

Also, is it neccessary that you chose another C name? My sister has 2 Js and 1 D, no one seems to notice. I dont think the child would feel left out in anyway by not having a name that start with C.

Short C names are lovely! [name]Cole[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] and [name]Cate[/name] [name]Maura[/name] especially are wonderful! [name]Love[/name] [name]Maura[/name] in the middle! So unexpected and sweet :slight_smile:

I’d stay away from another monosyllabic name, don’t want another pattern!
Since [name]Cole[/name] and [name]Cate[/name] are both nicknames I think another nickname-ish name will be fine. I do prefer [name]Chet[/name] over [name]Chaz[/name] though, dunno why. [name]Carter[/name] is better, but not with any of the middles since the back to back R’s or the repeated endings is a bit much.
[name]Chet[/name] [name]Porter[/name] has my vote, since [name]Chet[/name] [name]Reed[/name] is very abrupt with his grand total of two syllables!

Other C names (avoiding monosyllabic or very long ones)
[name]Caspar[/name]*
[name]Caius[/name] *
[name]Cairo[/name]
[name]Canaan[/name]
[name]Cobalt[/name]
[name]Conall[/name]
Coving
[name]Conrad[/name]*
[name]Concord[/name]

I’ve starred the ones I like best with the sibset, but my favourite for you is [name]Caius[/name]. Gives you the nn [name]Cai[/name] to go with the other names, has the hard C sound you’re looking for, a different ending and initial sound ([name]Ca[/name]- vs. [name]Cay[/name]-/Co-), not too long, similar style and goes well with both middle name choices.
[name]Caius[/name] [name]Reed[/name] has my vote ^^

(As for another girl’s name, just in case, it has to be [name]Clio[/name]/[name]Cleo[/name]. I love [name]Clio[/name] with this sibset, it’s a perfect match!)

I like [name]Carter[/name] [name]Reed[/name]. Also, have you considered [name]Colin[/name]?

Thank You so very much for your input Dearest! And we quite agree with the [name]Chet[/name] [name]Reed[/name]…it sounds and feels like you are ordering Chinese or [name]Indian[/name] Take-Out if you say it fast, HA! Yes, we really do like [name]Chet[/name] [name]Porter[/name], and I will discuss [name]Caius[/name] [name]Reed[/name] with hubby. We still keep coming back to [name]Coen[/name] too…and I was wondering your thoughts on the Irish Spellings of “Cowen” and “Cowan”, still pronouncing “CO-win” as an alternative, being as my husband is of Irish descent…I was a bit concerned of the the whole “Cow-in” pronunciation, but… Also, [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cleo[/name]! As we were actually considering [name]Clare[/name] [name]Leone[/name] or [name]Clare[/name] [name]Leona[/name], and calling her “[name]Cleo[/name]”, as Big sister is called [name]Kitty[/name], ([name]Leona[/name] after my Great Grandmother, which means Lioness, and being as [name]Baby[/name] is due in [name]July[/name] and would be a [name]Leo[/name], thought it would be PERFECT…but, it is another darling Boy, lol! Again, Thanks so much for your input!!!

Funny thing…[name]Colin[/name] [name]Reed[/name] was actually on our list for our First son, but we ended up going with [name]Cole[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]. [name]Do[/name] like [name]Colin[/name], but we feel like [name]Cole[/name] and [name]Colin[/name] are virtually the same name.

Yes, I have been having the same concern with [name]Carter[/name], as far as the whole “Bratty” perception is concerned, being as it has gained popularity and there are more little [name]Carter[/name]'s out there, HA! That was ultimately our biggest problem and demise with [name]Connor[/name], as we have known TOO many, and being as [name]BOTH[/name] of our mother’s are recently retired elementary teachers, THEY had had too many negative associations with the name…thus why we are trieing to “branch out” in a sense to a more “untapped” name. Yes, I have considered deviating from the “C” theme, but I just feel like [name]Cole[/name], [name]Cate[/name] and [name]Reed[/name], (which my Husband LOVES [name]Reed[/name]), just doesn’t sound as good, as say [name]Cole[/name], [name]Cate[/name] & [name]Coen[/name]/Cowen…

Here are another few to consider:
[name]Connelly[/name]
[name]Clarke[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Carlin[/name]

I like [name]Cole[/name] and [name]Cate[/name] together… [name]Cole[/name] is a bit softer sounding than [name]Cate[/name]. From your list I love [name]Chet[/name], and [name]Chet[/name] [name]Porter[/name] sounds fine (though to a jazzfan like myself it sounds like a mashup of [name]Chet[/name] [name]Baker[/name] and [name]Cole[/name] [name]Porter[/name] :wink: )
[name]Chaz[/name] is a bit softer sounding than [name]Chet[/name], but I’m not a huge fan. A name that reminds me of [name]Chaz[/name] is [name]Chad[/name] - I adore this one.
If you’re not too concerned by the number of syllables, I like dearest’s suggestion of [name]Caius[/name], and I also like the name [name]Kai[/name] (which would only give you the sound, but there’s no “C”).
Another nice one is [name]Cael[/name], but I fear it may be too close in sound to [name]Cole[/name].

I just thought of the name [name]Conan[/name], which reminds me of Cowan/[name]Coen[/name] but doesn’t sound like the last name which comes with it’s whole slew of controversial views. [name]Conan[/name], [name]Cole[/name] and [name]Cate[/name] sound very cute together. I like [name]Conan[/name] [name]Reed[/name] and [name]Conan[/name] [name]Porter[/name].

I love your children’s names! In trying to come up with beautiful, classic, and somewhat-short C-names for boys (to match with your sibset), here is what I found:

[name]Carson[/name] (may be slightly too androgynous)
[name]Chace[/name] (it is good in that it has a different beginning sound than both [name]Cate[/name] and [name]Cole[/name], yet is still one-syllable)

and, my favorite,
[name]Cooper[/name] (couldn’t have mn [name]Porter[/name], but would go nicely with [name]Reed[/name]!)

I love the name [name]Chet[/name], it’s my son’s name (short for [name]Chester[/name])! We named him [name]Chester[/name] specifically so he’d have the nickname [name]Chet[/name]. I think [name]Chet[/name] [name]Porter[/name] is a nice combo. We’re looking for another “C” name, too, we have [name]Cassandra[/name] ([name]Cassie[/name]) and [name]Chet[/name] :slight_smile: Your children’s names are lovely. Good luck!

[name]Samantha[/name] K! Thank you so very much for the sweet compliment [name]Doll[/name]! And you are so not going to believe this, but we actually have three seperate close family friends who have their own [name]Cooper[/name], [name]Chase[/name] AND [name]Carson[/name], reason being that we hadn’t really considered them…they are ALL so handsome and it is a shame! Thank You again [name]Doll[/name]!

Freckles! Thank You so very much for the suggestion [name]Doll[/name]! And though [name]Conan[/name] does have a similar sound to [name]Coen[/name], hubby and I have discussed it before and he still says “No/Go”, perhaps a bit because of the “[name]Conan[/name] the Barbarian” conotation…but I did remember that we had [name]Cian[/name] on our list with our first son, and [name]Cian[/name] (KEY-in) [name]Reed[/name] is something to consider…

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cassie[/name]! CONGRATS to you and yours [name]Doll[/name]!!! Yes, we actually just fell into our “C” Theme…as I suppose we ALL do, HA! So best of luck to y’all [name]Doll[/name] on your search!!! I do [name]LOVE[/name] the classic, simplistic, solid sound of [name]Chet[/name]…it is so handsome!