Need middle name for Juliette!!

Thank you again, so much!
I think overall, the top three are
[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Corinne[/name]
[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Helene[/name] ([name]EDIT[/name] - some last minute voting moved [name]Helene[/name] to a top spot)

With honorable mentions to:
[name]Maelle[/name]*
[name]Rose[/name]/Roseline*
[name]Seraphine[/name]

This helps!

[name]Jill[/name], the other names were real troopers and walked it off. But there is still a slight sting. ;-).

Dotsmom, Thanks so much for the suggestions! I think [name]Delphine[/name] is awesome too!

[name]Lilli[/name], I think [name]Claire[/name] would have been my first choice too, until all these others were introduced. I like [name]Delphine[/name].

Gwensmom, [name]Claire[/name], [name]Corinne[/name], [name]Delphine[/name]. yup. I might just have to flip a coin! My husband asked [name]Cor[/name]-ryn or cor-reen. I can see how he could think [name]Karen[/name].

[name]Susan[/name], [name]Helene[/name] just puts a new spin on [name]Helen[/name] doesnt it? I too, love [name]Rose[/name]. I hate that its so popular in the middle. But what can I do? Thanks. I really prefer the -ette spelling too!

[name]Jill[/name], which way were you pronouncing [name]Maelle[/name]? Switching the votes on me! haha. Ok, so another for [name]Helene[/name]? Are you off the [name]Delphine[/name] bandwagon now?

liz, [name]How[/name] are you pronouncing [name]Maelle[/name]?

I pronounce [name]Maelle[/name] like my-elle. Is that correct? I love it! [name]Shame[/name] it’s no longer in the running :frowning:

That’s how I pronounce it, too!

These are still in the running:

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Helene[/name]
[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Maelle[/name]
[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

My favorites on your new list are [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Delphine[/name], but you really cannot go wrong with any of them!! [name]Juliette[/name] is a beautiful name. The ones I would eliminate are:

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Helene[/name]-- pronunciation issues (eh-[name]LEN[/name], he-leen, he-layn)

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Maelle[/name]-- as lovely as it is, [name]Maelle[/name] also has big pronunciation problems. The correct French way is mah-[name]ELLE[/name], but it’s much easier to just say my-ell or may-ell for English speakers. Also, the real spelling is with the dots on the E, but that would be a huge hassle.

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Rose[/name]-- [name]Rose[/name] is wonderful as a first name, but unfortunately, if I came across another girl with [name]Rose[/name] as a middle, I would just think the parents couldn’t think of anything else (which I know isn’t the case here!).

Smurphette, I’m definitely not off the [name]Delphine[/name] bandwagon; in fact, I’m still riding it proudly. My favorites are still [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Delphine[/name], and [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Helene[/name] (in the place of [name]Maelle[/name]).

I know the correct beginning sound of [name]Maelle[/name] is “mah,” but I’ve been pronouncing it as My-elle, which is how the Olympic athlete’s name was pronounced on TV, unless I heard it wrong. I can see people pronouncing it as “may-elle,” though, which is what led me back to [name]Helene[/name] and [name]Corrine[/name], going with [name]Helene[/name] because I’d already voted for a C name.

I love, love, love [name]Juliette[/name]!

Which are your top three?

Well that is a tricky question.

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Claire[/name]: My head says [name]Claire[/name]. Makes the most sense, because I have a [name]Kate[/name]. [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] could be sisters as much as [name]Annelise[/name] and [name]Juliette[/name]. It doesn’t seem all that special as I am feeling [name]Claire[/name] may be a middle name option a lot. [name]Kate[/name] had special meaning to me and was named after someone.

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]: I have never met a [name]Delphine[/name] in my life. I thought of a dolphin immediately, and that made me so happy! We live on the coast and [name]Annelise[/name] goes nuts when we see dolphins in the bay. Nuts!! Loves them.

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Corinne[/name]: This may be my compromise. [name]Corinne[/name] I think, means little maiden, and I just think its so pretty!! [name]COR[/name] - rin, not reen. I like the option of calling her [name]Corrie[/name] if need be. But probably will stick with [name]Juliette[/name].

My daughter of course would love [name]Arielle[/name]. are ree [name]EL[/name].
I am still liking [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is [name]Shakespeare[/name] in your hand.

I know this sounds silly, but I do want to give her a water themed name! We love the water, and since she was born a Pisces, ([name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] has a name that fits her sign too-Virgo), I want to stick with one for [name]Juliette[/name]. Sooo… [name]Corinne[/name] and [name]Delphine[/name] would best fit that. Or [name]Coraline[/name].

I found somewhere that [name]Delphinia[/name] means loving sister. That is so sweet! So [name]Delphine[/name] can’t be that off, right? Maybe it means, loving dolphin sister. lol. [name]Just[/name] kidding.

So to answer your question.

(heart names)
[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Coraline[/name] or [name]Arielle[/name]

(head names)
[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

I think [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is plain in comparison with the other choices, a little pedestrian, I know it is hugely popular here but it is not for me.

My vote as I said before is for [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Corinne[/name].

I pronounce [name]Corinne[/name] with the emphasis on the last syllables with the rin sound coming through strongly.

[name]Corinne[/name] is unusual, dignified, pretty and gentle, and it makes the pretty [name]Juliette[/name] complete.

Last but not least you HAVE to go with your heart.

Thank you [name]Rollo[/name]!!! I agree with you! I mean, do I really have to “match” my daughters names? [name]Don[/name]'t they go well enough together?

Could you see an [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and a [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Corinne[/name] as sisters?

Or an [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and a [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]?

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Arielle[/name]?
[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Maelle[/name]?
[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Rose[/name]?
[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Helene[/name]?

or

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Coraline[/name]?

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Claire[/name]: My head says [name]Claire[/name]. Makes the most sense, because I have a [name]Kate[/name]. [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] could be sisters as much as [name]Annelise[/name] and [name]Juliette[/name]. It doesn’t seem all that special as I am feeling [name]Claire[/name] may be a middle name option a lot. [name]Kate[/name] had special meaning to me and was named after someone.

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]: I have never met a [name]Delphine[/name] in my life. I thought of a dolphin immediately, and that made me so happy! We live on the coast and [name]Annelise[/name] goes nuts when we see dolphins in the bay. Nuts!! Loves them.

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Corinne[/name]: This may be my compromise. [name]Corinne[/name] I think, means little maiden, and I just think its so pretty!! [name]COR[/name] - rin, not reen. I like the option of calling her [name]Corrie[/name] if need be. But probably will stick with [name]Juliette[/name].

I am still liking [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is [name]Shakespeare[/name] in your hand.

I know this sounds silly, but I do want to give her a water themed name! We love the water, and since she was born a Pisces, ([name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] has a name that fits her sign too-Virgo), I want to stick with one for [name]Juliette[/name]. Sooo… [name]Corinne[/name] and [name]Delphine[/name] would best fit that. Or [name]Coraline[/name].

I found somewhere that [name]Delphinia[/name] means loving sister. That is so sweet! So [name]Delphine[/name] can’t be that off, right? Maybe it means, loving dolphin sister. lol. [name]Just[/name] kidding.

(heart names)

(head names)
[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Rose[/name][/quote]

[name]Hi[/name]! I don’t think it’s silly at all that you want a Pisces name! I think that [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] is beyond amazing, and more importantly you love it and it has meaning to you! I hope you go with a heart name! I love [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Corinne[/name], too (I voted for [name]Helene[/name] instead of [name]Corinne[/name] because I’d already voted for a C name—I love them both), but I’m only familiar with the cor-RINN pronunciation. Either way, I think it’s a beautiful name. I honestly love all of your finalists. :slight_smile:

I’m really excited for you! :slight_smile:

Have a great night!

Thank you [name]Rollo[/name]!!! I agree with you! I mean, do I really have to “match” my daughters names? [name]Don[/name]'t they go well enough together?

Could you see an [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and a [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Corinne[/name] as sisters?

Or an [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and a [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]?

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Arielle[/name]?
[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Maelle[/name]?
[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Rose[/name]?
[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Helene[/name]?

or

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Coraline[/name]?[/quote]

For starters I think that in choosing [name]Juliette[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name] you have already picked names that go beautifully together.

The next thing I would look for would be the flow of the first and middle names together and lastly that happy feeling you get when you finally feel that the combo is right just for you.

There are some pretty names on your list. I would eliminate [name]Delphine[/name] because the star of the combo is [name]Juliette[/name] and [name]Delphine[/name] wants to shout out look at me, so I would keep her as a fn for a future daughter.

[name]Rose[/name] is almost in the same boat as [name]Claire[/name] but it does feel like a filler name in this case.

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Helene[/name] is lovely and I like her calmness and balance with [name]Juliette[/name] and [name]Helene[/name] is such a beautifully feminine name, this is a lovely combo.

[name]Maelle[/name] is a name that I am not familiar with and I like the [name]May[/name] and [name]Elle[/name] sound but I can’t bring myself to love the name itself.

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Arielle[/name] is so pretty and would be hard to match I think I would prefer the combo to be spelled as [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Ariel[/name] otherwise it feel a little ‘busy’ with the ‘ette’ and the ‘elle’ if you understand what I mean.

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Coraline[/name] is a pretty combo and it reminds me of the classic [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Caroline[/name].

To summarise I can definitely see [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Kate[/name] with sister [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Corinne[/name].

Best wishes. I can’t wait to hear your final decision.

I would like to change my vote, please.

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Arielle[/name] ( I know it has [name]Little[/name] Mermaid connotations, but I smile when I think of [name]Ariel[/name]. Plus, [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Ariel[/name] are both Shakespearean)

My honorable mentions are [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Coraline[/name] and [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Helene[/name]. [name]Coraline[/name] has that coral in it that you like, and the ine that you also like. Its almost a compromise between [name]Corinne[/name] and [name]Delphine[/name] if you can imagine a dolphin swimming in coral. What a nice picture in this cold cold weather. :slight_smile:

(heart names)

(head names)

[name]Hi[/name]! I don’t think it’s silly at all that you want a Pisces name! I think that [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] is beyond amazing, and more importantly you love it and it has meaning to you! I hope you go with a heart name! I love [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Corinne[/name], too (I voted for [name]Helene[/name] instead of [name]Corinne[/name] because I’d already voted for a C name—I love them both), but I’m only familiar with the cor-RINN pronunciation. Either way, I think it’s a beautiful name. I honestly love all of your finalists. :slight_smile:

Have a great night![/quote]

You know, I say it cor-RINN too. I keep saying it out loud to see where I put the emphasis, which is mostly equal, but I think I probably end RINN on a higher note. Its funny to disect a name so closely.

LOL! I love it. The [name]Little[/name] Mermaid makes me happy too. [name]Ariel[/name] is [name]Shakespeare[/name]? Which play?

You make a GREAT point with [name]Coraline[/name]. It is kind of a happy medium between [name]Corinne[/name] and [name]Delphine[/name]. I like!

Ok. I have made my own personal decision on which middle name I am going with. I need to discuss it with my husband (who should be home again soon) and if he is ok with it, I will announce my new precious little girl’s name to you. Thank you SO much for all your help!

When I think of how far I have come from [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name], my heart sings. I am loving her name!! :slight_smile:

(heart names)

(head names)

Have a great night![/quote]

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] is very pretty!

I am so happy you found a name you like! I can’t wait to hear what you decided to name her!

I think one of your simpler names would work better with your other daughter’s name, as it is classic and long in the beggining and classic and short in the middle. I like all your simple ideas better than your longer ones, too.

Sorry to make you wait. I had picked [name]Corinne[/name] for her middle name, but then I started doubting myself and reread through all the posts and then looked up my top three again on this site and other sites…

Top three names are [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Corinne[/name], [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Delphine[/name], [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Coraline[/name]. I am leaning towards [name]Corinne[/name] one minute, and then [name]Coraline[/name] the next.

Can anyone give me a reason why I should NOT use [name]Coraline[/name] or [name]Corinne[/name]. Or give me the strengths and weaknesses of each? Thanks.

Now that [name]Maelle[/name] is off the table :frowning: but I understand, my vote definitely goes to [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]! I think it is amazing, and [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] flows so beautifully. I also love that it is special to you in regards to dolphins and her star sign, Pieces :slight_smile:

I think [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Corinne[/name] is pretty but no where near as beautiful as [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Delphine[/name], which is breathtaking!

I don’t like the flow of [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Coraline[/name] at all, it’s too choppy.

Good luck choosing :slight_smile:

I love your top three, Smurph! I honestly don’t think you can go wrong!

[name]Corinne[/name], strengths:

1. You love it! It was your first choice, and I think that speaks volumes!
  2. I think that [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Corinne[/name] [name]Murphy[/name] sounds gorgeous!
  3. It’s close to [name]Coraline[/name], which you love, and also reminds me of [name]Delphine[/name]…
  4. You love the meaning…

Weaknesses: I really can’t think of any.

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]:

1. You love it!
  2. You love the meaning!
  3. [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] has a great flow!
  4. I think it sounds beyond gorgeous!

Potential weaknesses:

1. [name]Both[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] and [name]Murphy[/name] have the “ph” sound…not really a big deal, though…

Some of [name]Coraline[/name]'s plusses:

1. You love it!
  2. Like [name]Kate[/name] said, it’s close to [name]Corinne[/name] and also [name]Delphine[/name]. (I pronounce [name]Coraline[/name] with a “line” sound and [name]Delphine[/name] with a “een” sound, though…)
  3. You love the meaning

Potential weaknesses:

1. [name]Coraline[/name] may be mistaken for [name]Caroline[/name]
  2. I think the others flow better with [name]Juliette[/name], but I still think it’s still really pretty.

I love all of your names, and hope you choose the name that makes you the happiest! :slight_smile:

Good luck!