Needed—Honor name

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]. Looking for some suggestions.

[name_f]My[/name_f] mother is not doing well. I’d love to honor her, if this baby is a girl.

Her name is [name_f]Diana[/name_f]. Her MN not an option, due to our last name (trust me!). But [name_f]Diana[/name_f], although lovely, does not exactly fit my other children, esp our two girls.

They are:

Amaré (am-uh-rae) [name_f]Elyse[/name_f]
[name_m]Job[/name_m] [name_m]Marcellus[/name_m]
Sélah [name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] [name_m]Apollos[/name_m]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] [name_u]Moses[/name_u]

The girls have a “love” theme & actually match so well (5 letters in FN & MN, accents, and “y” in middle)—it’s hard to match.

[name_f]My[/name_f] top choice a bit ago was

[name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u]
[name_u]Or[/name_u]
[name_f]Noémi[/name_f] Anaÿs (long story on this instead of [name_f]Anaïs[/name_f] and it’s grammatically correct, though rare, and yes, most ppl prefer [name_f]Anaïs[/name_f]. :joy:).

Anyways I’d love to honor my mom too.

I liked [name_f]Anaïs[/name_f] because the “Ana” at beginning made me think of [name_f]Diana[/name_f].

Also she loves purple, so [name_f]Lavendar[/name_f] & [name_f]Violet[/name_f] have been in the running as middle names.

I’m pretty set on [name_f]Noémi[/name_f], nn [name_f]Emi[/name_f], but I guess could be persuaded otherwise.

Right now I’m mulling [name_u]Blessing[/name_u] as a middle name, due to the good news of the coming baby & new life in the midst of what we’re going through with my mom.

Any other ideas on how to honor the name [name_f]Diana[/name_f]? I just don’t see it fitting with Amaré & Sélah, but maybe there is an option I’m missing.

1 Like

[name_f]Deanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Deana[/name_f]
[name_f]Deanne[/name_f]

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your mum :heart:

[name_u]Blessing[/name_u] is lovely and I think Anays/Anais works :slight_smile:

[name_f]Diana[/name_f] means divine -could [name_u]Divine[/name_u] be a possibility? I feel like that could match the vibe.

[name_f]Diana[/name_f] was the goddess of the moon, so could [name_f]Moon[/name_f] or Luna/Lunar work? [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Lunaria[/name_f]! A flower name (for a purple flower) meaning moon-like!

5 Likes

I’ve always loved [name_f]Dinah[/name_f] as an honor name for [name_f]Diana[/name_f]. It really fits with [name_f]Selah[/name_f] and [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] with that biblical feel.

Though [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] is really beautiful too!

7 Likes

I love [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]! I think it’s super special to honor your mom through something she loves rather than just a variation of her name.

1 Like

Thank you for your kindness & the ideas. :heart: I did think of [name_u]Divine[/name_u] or even [name_f]Divina[/name_f]. I’m not sure if quite fits, but I’m thinking on it.

1 Like

I hadn’t thought of [name_f]Dinah[/name_f]! A lovely name also, although a tragic story in the OT.

It is, however, one of my mom’s fun nicknames so I will consider. Thank you!

Thank you for your input! I truly adore the sound of [name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_f]Lavendar[/name_f] or [name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f], so maybe those do need to go back on the table. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the ideas. :slight_smile:

If you do decide to go that route, some other options for purple names are:
[name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]
[name_f]Noémi[/name_f] Periwinkle
[name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_f]Mauve[/name_f]
[name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_f]Amethyst[/name_f]
[name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_f]Orchid[/name_f]
[name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_f]Magenta[/name_f]
[name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]

1 Like

How about [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] (meaning “hope”) or [name_f]Adina[/name_f] (meaning “mild, gentle”) – both are anagrams of [name_f]Diana[/name_f].

[name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]? Has that peaceful Biblical symbolism of new life and hope, plus picks up Diana’s initial.

I love the ideas of [name_u]Love[/name_u], [name_f]Anaïs[/name_f], [name_f]Lavender[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] or [name_f]Violet[/name_f] as well. All best wishes to your mum :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Oh great suggestions. :heart:

I especially adore the name [name_u]Dove[/name_u]. Picks up the 3 syllable then 1 syllable flow of [name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u], plus the lyrical sound there, which were reasons I have so long held onto that combo. But the D and the meaning is more of a nod to [name_f]Diana[/name_f].

Thank you for your kindness too.

2 Likes

Thank you!

[name_u]Dana[/name_u]
[name_f]Danica[/name_f]
[name_f]Deandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Dee[/name_f]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f] [name_f]Dee[/name_f]
[name_f]Amethyst[/name_f]
[name_f]Ianthe[/name_f] (purple)

1 Like

[name_f]Noemi[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] would fit perfectly

Perhaps [name_f]Adina[/name_f] ?

[name_f]Adina[/name_f] [name_u]Blessing[/name_u]
[name_f]Adina[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u]
[name_f]Adina[/name_f] [name_u]Esme[/name_u]
[name_f]Adina[/name_f] [name_f]Mabli[/name_f]

[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] [name_f]Ines[/name_f]
[name_f]Idina[/name_f] [name_f]Mariel[/name_f]
[name_f]Dianthe[/name_f] [name_m]Hart[/name_m]
[name_f]Davina[/name_f] [name_f]Amoret[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]

1 Like

Your choice of [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] is lovely! If you will use that name, some middle names are~

[name_f]Noemi[/name_f] [name_f]Aveline[/name_f]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f] [name_f]Violette[/name_f]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u]

In many cultures, [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is the goddess of the hunt as well as the moon. Using the nighttime element, as well as the fierce hunter-vibe~

[name_f]Evening[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u] [name_u]Dusk[/name_u]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f] Huntress

1 Like

I actually love [name_f]Diana[/name_f] as a name and with your others but I usually think of the goddess or princess diana when I hear that name. So looking at [name_f]Diana[/name_f] the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] goddess- what about [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]?

1 Like

[name_f]Adina[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] is so pretty…not sure if I could get family on board. Someone else mentioned that too, tho.

I really like [name_f]Amoret[/name_f], but it’s so close to our oldest Amaré, I can’t see it working.

Thank you for the lovely suggestions!

So creative!

[name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] has been on my list for a longtime. I very much approve. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Lavendar[/name_f] is such an appealing alliteration! But I don’t think it quite goes with the others.

I’ve heard [name_f]Avalon[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and [name_f]Avonlea[/name_f] but I don’t think I’ve ever seen [name_f]Aveline[/name_f]! I love A names in general, so that one stopped me in my tracks :). Sounds very close to my daughter Amaré, though.

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] ideas! Thank you.

Honestly, it’s a great idea, but [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] sounds like a boy name to me. :grimacing:

Amaré, Sélah & [name_f]Diana[/name_f] go together? Hmm. I was thinking of [name_f]Dinah[/name_f]. [name_u]Or[/name_u], either of these with a y, which is frowned upon in nameberry somewhat :crazy_face: but gives names a softer look, in my eyes:
Amaré [name_f]Elyse[/name_f]
Sélah [name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Noémi[/name_f] [name_f]Dyana[/name_f]

Hmm. I don’t know :woman_shrugging: But all these suggestions are getting me thinking. :slight_smile:

1 Like