new name quiz

Heres another name quiz. I just love making them, and if someone else does make them i wont be mad(some people may think that because it was basically my idea) i love taking them.

1. When you see a name you like, what do you do?
  2. Whats a name that you are unsure about right now?
  3. Whats your all time favourite name?
  4. The nickname [name]Alex[/name] or Alley for [name]Alexandra[/name]?
  5. [name]Do[/name] you think the name [name]Beatrice[/name] is beautiful?
  6. What is a name that you really like, but is a little absurd?
  7. [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Isabelle[/name]?
  8. What is your best friends name and middle name, and do you like it?

Mine:

1. I guess I just spend a lot of time thinking about it and I write it down.
  2. I would say [name]Abbey[/name]. I like [name]Abigail[/name], of course, like who doesnt like it at least a little? But I dont know about [name]Abbey[/name] by itself. Im thinking about it though.
  3. I honestly really dont know. I think I really am starting to like [name]Rylie[/name], but I dont know if its my favourite. I try not to obsess over certain names, because then I start changing my mind, and its really annoying because ill be into another name every day. I also really like [name]Jenifer[/name], with one n, but a lot of people dont really like it.
  4. I like Alley. I like [name]Alex[/name] on a boy, but NEVER on a girl.
  5. No. I dont really like it.
  6. I dont know, really. I sort of like [name]Meadow[/name] as a name, because i think its really pretty, but i would never use it.
  7. Of course [name]Isabelle[/name].
  8. [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Mae[/name]. I like [name]Mae[/name], but I think [name]Chloe[/name] is a little too much. I dont think the H is neccesary.
    I write it down on my favourites page :slight_smile:
    [name]Blythe[/name]. I think I love it, but Im not sure when I say it out loud…
    [name]Nora[/name].
    [name]Alex[/name]. So cute!
    I do!
    [name]Rivy[/name] for a girl.
    [name]Isabel[/name] definitely!
    [name]Hanna[/name] [name]Constance[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
    I think its pretty, but not my cup of tea!
  1. When you see a name you like, what do you do? Think about it, maybe ask opinions of it on here, write it down…
  2. Whats a name that you are unsure about right now? [name]Aurora[/name]. I really like it, but I’m afraid of it becoming “Auwowa” if she has a lisp, or “Wowy” instead of [name]Rory[/name]!
  3. Whats your all time favourite name? That’s hard! I think [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Rosemary[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are so pretty, simple and beautiful.
  4. The nickname [name]Alex[/name] or Alley for [name]Alexandra[/name]? I like [name]Allie[/name].
  5. [name]Do[/name] you think the name [name]Beatrice[/name] is beautiful? Yes. I think [name]Bea[/name] is very cute too.
  6. What is a name that you really like, but is a little absurd? [name]Raina[/name] I think is kinda gorgeous, but I don’t know if it’s too much.
  7. [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Isabelle[/name]? [name]Isabel[/name].
  8. What is your best friends name and middle name, and do you like it? [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Jane[/name], goes by [name]Ellie[/name]. I think it’s beautiful and super classic, but a bit too classic for me to consider for my kids.

These are fun!

[name]Add[/name] it to my computerized favorites list! Easier to revise that way.

Boys: [name]Cyrus[/name] ([name]Miley[/name] association?)
    Girls: [name]Adeline[/name] (It’s rising popularity is a concern)

Well, this month it’s [name]Calla[/name] and [name]Silas[/name]…but ask me again next month!

[name]Xandra[/name] or [name]Xan[/name] :wink: Ok, I’ll play by the rules…Alley ([name]Ally[/name])

Not particularly. Kind of like [name]Beatrix[/name], though. And [name]Trixie[/name] is a fun nn!

Boys: [name]Maverick[/name] ([name]Love[/name] the meaning)
    Girls: [name]Story[/name]
    Wouldn’t really use them, but it’s still fun to toss around the idea every once in a while!

7. [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Isabelle[/name]? Neither, but if I had to choose I’d easily pick [name]Isabel[/name]…and then I guess I’d have to call her [name]Izzy[/name]!

[name]Amy[/name] [name]Christina[/name]…well, [name]Amy[/name]'s pretty generic and dated. And I might be biased about [name]Christina[/name] because that’s my first name! It has a decent flow, though.

1. When you see a name you like, what do you do? I add it to my favorites list on this site :wink: And maybe do some more research on it by inserting the name into google…
  2. What’s a name that you are unsure about right now? Hmmm…well, I am kind of unsure about the name [name]Della[/name]. I like it a lot, but it sounds like [name]Bella[/name], which is very popular at the moment…also, while it is lovely, I don’t know if it has as much substance as some of the other names that I like. It might be more of a nickname than a name. But still, I can kind of picture a sweet little girl named [name]Della[/name]. I heard this name in the story “The Gift of the [name]Magi[/name]” and have liked it ever since.
  3. What is your all time favourite name? Oh, that’s really hard, I have so many names I really like…recently, I’ve really come to like the name [name]Alessia[/name], though…some other favorites are [name]Bridget[/name], [name]Gianna[/name], and [name]Cassia[/name] (said [name]Cass[/name]-ee-uh).
  4. The nickname [name]Alex[/name] or Alley for [name]Alexandra[/name]? Probably Alley.
  5. [name]Do[/name] you think the name [name]Beatrice[/name] is beautiful? I prefer [name]Beatrix[/name] to [name]Beatrice[/name]…I like the “trix” ending better than the “trice” ending. It just sounds spunkier to me. I don’t think I’ll ever use [name]Beatrix[/name] on a future daughter, though-but maybe a future cat! I think it would be sweet to have a feline friend named [name]Beatrix[/name] and call her [name]Trixie[/name]…but then again, I am a cat lover and like human names for cats :wink:
  6. What is a name that you really like, but is a little absurd? Hmmm…I like [name]Alannah[/name] spelled this way, either as a first or middle name, but I don’t know if it would be too much and if people would pronounce it more like Uh-lan-uh instead of Uh-lawn-uh, since it kind of looks like [name]Hannah[/name]…
  7. [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Isabelle[/name]? Ugh, this is hard-I tend to like both! [name]Isabel[/name] is classic, and [name]Isabelle[/name] is pretty with its frillier ending…probably [name]Isabel[/name], though!
  8. What is your best friend’s name and middle name, and do you like it? Well, for the sake of privacy, I’ll just post her first name: [name]Julia[/name]. I really like the name [name]Julia[/name]. So stunning, elegant, and classic. I also like the Italian spelling [name]Giulia[/name], the variations [name]Juliana[/name]/[name]Giuliana[/name], and the name [name]Juliet[/name]. Regarding [name]Giulia[/name] and [name]Giuliana[/name], though, I’d probably have to be pretty Italian to use one of them (spelled with the “Giu” beginning) and I’m not THAT Italian…if that makes sense! :wink:

Thanks for the fun name game! :smiley: I enjoyed answering the questions :wink:

I agree - these are so cute and fun! Keep 'em coming! :slight_smile:

I usually first try saying it out loud because sometimes a name can look absolutely beautiful on paper, but just doesn’t fit in my mouth right. Then, I write it down on paper (I have this weird gut feeling that if I mess up on a name trying to write it the first time, it isn’t meant to be). I usually let it sit for a few days in my mind, and if it continues to grow on me, I’ll try it with some of the middle names I’ve picked out, and then I usually test a birth announcement from [name]Tiny[/name] Prints. I also like writing it with all of the names in our family, the way a [name]Christmas[/name] card might be signed.

1. Whats a name that you are unsure about right now?

For girls, I’m struggling with [name]Eva[/name] - the pronunciation “ee-vuh” - and [name]Caoimhe[/name]. I absolutely adore the nickname [name]Evie[/name], and I like [name]Eva[/name], but the popularity is just getting to me (plus, I don’t like siblings to have matching first letters). But I still love it so…I’m unsure. With [name]Caoimhe[/name], I love the sounds of “kee-vah”, but, I don’t think it goes with my daughters’ names, and whenever I first glance at it, I still want to say something like “cow-eem-huh”. So, again, unsure.

For boys, [name]Levi[/name]. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] it, but with [name]Bristol[/name]/[name]Levi[/name] off/on thing constantly in the news, it worries me. Plus, my best friend really wants to use [name]Leo[/name] for one of the twin boys she’s expecting, and I’m worried that [name]Levi[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] would be too close. However, I’m not planning on having a [name]Levi[/name] for a good couple of years, so this may not be a problem. Unsure.

1. Whats your all time favourite name?

This is a toughie. I would have to say [name]Julius[/name]. It is so utterly handsome, and I could picture a baby, a teenager, a business man, an artist, a musician, a traveller, an actor, a lawyer, a father, and a grandpa named [name]Julius[/name]. Ultimately, its timeless and ages beautifully. Plus, [name]Jules[/name] so cute! And I would definitely call my toddler “J-Bug”!

1. The nickname [name]Alex[/name] or Alley for [name]Alexandra[/name]?

Definitely [name]Alex[/name].

1. [name]Do[/name] you think the name [name]Beatrice[/name] is beautiful?

Oooh yes! Its a name on my list as well. I am entranced by its wonderful meaning, and the nickname [name]Bea[/name] is adorable! I’ve been liking [name]Beatrix[/name] too, recently.

1. What is a name that you really like, but is a little absurd?

[name]Saffron[/name] - I really like it, but I can’t seriously see myself naming my daughter this
[name]Caiden[/name] - way too trendy for me, but I like it

1. [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Isabelle[/name]?

[name]Isabelle[/name]

1. What is your best friends name and middle name, and do you like it?

My best friend’s name is [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Anne[/name]. I like [name]Katherine[/name] (it totally fits her), but [name]Anne[/name] is kind of so-so, boring in the middle.

Look up the meaning and popularity. [name]Add[/name] to a favorites list / write it down. Make a list of possible mns. Compare/contrast with other names, does it go? :slight_smile: and repeat.

1. Whats a name that you are unsure about right now?

[name]Isla[/name]/[name]Ayla[/name] - I’m falling out of love with these, especially now that they are becoming so popular.
[name]Rafferty[/name] - I love how this looks, but not crazy about how it sounds

1. Whats your all time favourite name?

Yikes … [name]Jameson[/name] for a boy. Its my mothers maiden name, and I’ve planned on naming my first son this since I can remember. [name]Helena[/name] most likely for a girl. Or maybe [name]Honor[/name].

1. The nickname [name]Alex[/name] or Alley for [name]Alexandra[/name]?

[name]Both[/name]! But if I may add one … [name]Lex[/name] or [name]Lexi[/name]

1. [name]Do[/name] you think the name [name]Beatrice[/name] is beautiful?

Its pretty, but not quite my style.

1. What is a name that you really like, but is a little absurd?

[name]Grier[/name] - I love it, but most people strongly dislike it.

1. [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Isabelle[/name]?

[name]May[/name] I choose [name]Isobel[/name] ?

1. What is your best friends name and middle name, and do you like it?

[name]Jennifer[/name] [name]Martha[/name] - not very pleasant. [name]Martha[/name] … not so much my taste, and [name]Jennifer[/name] is wildly outdated imo. [name]Love[/name] her though :slight_smile:

I say the name aloud. I’ve found that if I don’t feel right saying the name aloud, it soon falls out of favor with me.

[name]Lucy[/name] I love it. I do. However, the popularity of it has put me off a little.

[name]Eliza[/name] Such a historical, rich and lovely name.

Honestly? Neither. I prefer [name]Lexi/name

Yes! I think it’s gorgeous. [name]Love[/name] the nickname [name]Bea[/name] as well

[name]Birkett[/name] - it’s my mothers maiden name. I would like to use it… I’m just not sure how it would go down…

[name]Isabelle[/name]

[name]Hanna[/name] [name]Jade[/name] - yes I like it. However, I prefer the traditional [name]Hannah[/name]

1. Well, I normally never like a name til I repeat it over and over in my head. Then from that point on, I’ll place in my “currently loving:” spot that’s on another board.

2. Right now it’s currently [name]Emma[/name]. I like it, but it’s too similar to my niece’s name, [name]Emily[/name].

3. [name]Lauren[/name], it’s been my favorite for nearly 8 years.

4. No, [name]Alex[/name] is too masculine. [name]Ali[/name]/[name]Allie[/name]/[name]Alli[/name] is for [name]Allison[/name]/[name]Alison[/name]/[name]Allyson[/name]/[name]Alyson[/name]. In my opinion, [name]Lexi[/name] is the best nickname for [name]Alexandra[/name].

5. Nope, not too fond of the name [name]Beatrice[/name].

6. [name]Henrietta[/name], it’s old-fashion and underused, also nobody really likes it.

7. [name]Isabelle[/name].

8. I don’t really have a best friend, but I’ll list 2 of my friends names; [name]Mikaila[/name] [name]Irene[/name] & [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. I like both of their names, they flow.

I write it down, and say it oud loud with my last name a few times :slight_smile:

[name]Carys[/name]. I love it, but it’s hard to pronounce where I live (The Netherlands)

[name]Catherine[/name]. Classy with a lot of nickname options!!

[name]Alex[/name]. Or [name]Allie[/name] :stuck_out_tongue: .

Nope, sorry.

[name]Tempest[/name]. Something about that name is really pretty, but I could never name my baby that, because of the meaning:).

[name]Isabelle[/name].

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Louise[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Nora[/name], though it’s quite popular where I live. And I don’t like [name]Louise[/name] :).

I say it over and over again

[name]Delaney[/name]-- I love the nn [name]Lane[/name] but i’m not so sure about the EE sound at the end

Changes a lot!

Neither. [name]Lexie[/name] or [name]Alexa[/name]…

I think [name]Bea[/name] is prettier

[name]Sicily[/name]-- Too many s sounds?

[name]Isobel[/name]

[name]Samantha[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]-- [name]Samantha[/name] is too popular but I like [name]Elizabeth[/name]

I jot it down as quickly as I can, lest I forget it :slight_smile:

[name]Scarlett[/name]

[name]Rose[/name]

Well, I would rather no nn but if I must, I suppose I would choose [name]Allie[/name] (spelled like that)

Yes, though I prefer the spunkier [name]Beatrix[/name]

[name]Callista[/name]

[name]Isabel[/name]

[name]Jillian[/name]: it’s pretty but not my favorite. Her middle name is her mom’s maiden name so I like it simply for the meaning it has to her family.

Fun! :slight_smile:

1. When you see a name you like, what do you do? Write it down, think about it, name people in magazines that name xP
  2. Whats a name that you are unsure about right now? Not sure what this means…
  3. Whats your all time favourite name? Very hard to pick just one. Currently love [name]Otylia[/name] and [name]Alistair[/name].
  4. The nickname [name]Alex[/name] or Alley for [name]Alexandra[/name]? I detest that name and the nn [name]Alex[/name]. But, I guess [name]Ally[/name] is okay. Hate the spelling Alley.
  5. [name]Do[/name] you think the name [name]Beatrice[/name] is beautiful? Yes :))
  6. What is a name that you really like, but is a little absurd? Hmm…names never feel absurd to me. Maybe [name]Thelonious[/name]?
  7. [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Isabelle[/name]? [name]Isabelle[/name]
  8. What is your best friends name and middle name, and do you like it? [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name]. I like [name]Hannah[/name], prefer [name]Hania[/name], and do not like [name]Kathleen[/name] at all.
  1. When you see a name you like, what do you do?: I spend most of my time thinking about it, typically, or researching it. My next step? Trying to slap it onto a character, tehe.
  2. Whats a name that you are unsure about right now?: [name]Violante[/name]. I love it, but I’m just not sure on it entirely.
  3. Whats your all time favourite name?: I’m tempted to say Belphoebe.
  4. The nickname [name]Alex[/name] or Alley for [name]Alexandra[/name]?: [name]Alex[/name].
  5. [name]Do[/name] you think the name [name]Beatrice[/name] is beautiful?: Gorgeous!
  6. What is a name that you really like, but is a little absurd?: Rhamantus, Spyridoula, Tisiphone… the list goes on… :smiley:
  7. [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Isabelle[/name]?: [name]Isabel[/name].
  8. What is your best friends name and middle name, and do you like it?: [name]Bree[/name] [name]Eryn[/name], and I love it. I usually don’t like [name]Erin[/name], or [name]Eryn[/name] for that matter, but it works so well on her and she makes it beautiful!
  1. When you see a name you like, what do you do? I test it out in my head, try to envision it on a kid/teen/adult, research it and then if I’m sure I like it I add it to my seemingly endless spreadsheet of names on my computer.

2. Whats a name that you are unsure about right now? I like [name]Cedric[/name] but I’ve gotten weird reactions on it. Some have said it sounds pretentious, others say it’s too linked to [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name], and then some like it and think it’s cool. I’m undecided.

3. Whats your all time favourite name? I have a lot of favorites, but I’d have to say I have a few that never change. My all time favorite girls name is [name]Iris[/name], because it was my grandmother’s name and I just think it’s so beautiful. My all time favorite boys name is [name]Robert[/name]. It never goes out of style and I find the nickname [name]Rob[/name] to be so handsome.

4. The nickname [name]Alex[/name] or Alley for [name]Alexandra[/name]? I’m not too fond of either, I guess both feel overused to me. I think my favorite is actually [name]Lexi[/name]. It feels spunky and playful.

5. [name]Do[/name] you think the name [name]Beatrice[/name] is beautiful? Yes, I adore [name]Beatrice[/name]. So pretty and classic. I like [name]Beatrix[/name] to, but I prefer [name]Beatrice[/name] in the end because I don’t like [name]Trixie[/name] as a nickname ([name]Trix[/name] isn’t terrible).

6. What is a name that you really like, but is a little absurd? Well I have a soft spot for the name [name]Tuesday[/name]. I think it’s a bit too weird to use on a kid but I might name a future pet [name]Tuesday[/name]. I feel like it’d be weird to be named [name]Tuesday[/name], because every week when [name]Tuesday[/name] rolled around, how would you feel?

7. [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Isabelle[/name]? [name]Isabel[/name]. But really my favorite is [name]Isobel[/name].

8. What is your best friends name and middle name, and do you like it? I have two so called “best friends”. One is [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Marie[/name], the other is [name]Christina[/name] [name]Elise[/name]. I think they both have nice, simple names that suit their personalities well.

I roll it around in my head for days seeing if how it sounds, looks, seeing if I continue to like it. I look up meaning asap to see if I also like the meaning.

[name]Salome[/name]. I think I might love it…but haven’t quite decided yet lol I’m doing what I wrote above //
    except its been weeks not days.

[name]Indigo[/name] [name]River[/name] (my future [name]Son[/name] :smiley: )

[name]Alex[/name] definitely.

No but I [name]LOVE[/name] the nickname [name]Bea[/name], But I don’t like [name]Beatrice[/name] or [name]Beatrix[/name] :frowning:

[name]Whistler[/name]

[name]Isabelle[/name]. Defenitely .

My best friend is called [name]Carlysle[/name] [name]Vivian/name …I cant remember her middle name right now shocking for a name nut like me!! But her first and lastname are so damn cool, I always think about how cool her name is…[name]Carlysle[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]…although lots of people assume they have her name around the wrong way and call her [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Carlysle[/name].
    My little sister who is a twilight nut was so impressed I had a friend called [name]Carlysle[/name] lol

[name]Add[/name] it to my “Names I like” list! (a Microsoft Word document… it’s literally 30 pages long!)

[name]Saoirse[/name]. I think it’s absolutely gorgeous and it would probably be my favorite name if I lived in [name]Ireland[/name], but it’s next to impossible for Americans to spell/pronounce. Maybe [name]Saoirse[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] is helping with that?

Hmm… probably [name]Aviva[/name] (girls) and [name]Orion[/name] (boys), but I’m not 100% in love with either of them. My taste changes often.

I prefer [name]Alex[/name] over Alley, but I like [name]Lexi[/name] more.

Ehhh… sort of. I adore [name]Beatrix[/name] though.

[name]Clover[/name]

[name]Isabel[/name] is better, but [name]Isobel[/name] is best by far. I also kind of like [name]Ysabel[/name].

[name]Liberty[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]. The names are all different styles, but I think they work really well together. I’m almost surprised that I like it, but I do. :slight_smile:

1. Take note of it.
  2. Umm there’s a lot. [name]Dagan[/name] and [name]Skye[/name] are two.
  3. [name]Micah[/name] & [name]Laila[/name]
  4. [name]Alex[/name] fits better but I like the nickname Alley more generally.
  5. No.
  6. [name]Reef[/name] & [name]Bay[/name]
  7. [name]Isabelle[/name] (or [name]Isobel[/name])
  8. Since this is kind of fun I’ll do the names of everyone in my group of friends. I’ll mix them up since some of them have very unique names.
    FNs: [name]Michael[/name], [name]Peter[/name], [name]Trevor[/name], [name]Agatha[/name] “[name]Aggie[/name]”, [name]Julie[/name], & [name]Ashley[/name]
    MNs: [name]Everett[/name], [name]Jay[/name], [name]James[/name], [name]Meaghan[/name], [name]May[/name], & [name]Marie[/name]
    I like all of the names except: [name]Agatha[/name] & [name]Peter[/name]. Also [name]Marie[/name] is a little too plain for me.
    [name]Say[/name] it with my last name and then my boyfriend’s last name. Then write it down a bunch of times and brainstorm middle names. If I get sick of it really quickly, it’s not for me.

[name]Bellatrix[/name]. It’s really badass, imo, but is it too harsh for a lovely little girl?

I keep coming back to [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Jolie[/name]!

Yuck, neither. I like [name]Lex[/name] or [name]Lexi[/name] or [name]Andi[/name].

Yes and no. It’s lovely in a very classic sense, but I can’t see it on a modern girl.

[name]December[/name]… too chilly?

[name]Isobel[/name]

8. What is your best friend’s name and middle name, and do you like it?
    [name]Emma[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]. [name]Emma[/name] is so timeless and gorgeous, and [name]Elisabeth[/name] is always beautiful.

[name]Add[/name] it to my Favourite Names list stored on my email :smiley: so I never lose it!

[name]Raquel[/name], as a middle name. I like the flow but am unsure if it is stylistically fitting with my first name choices. But the beauty of the name keeps me coming back :slight_smile:

Impossible to say, it changes all the time! Obviously I love [name]Dashiell[/name] :slight_smile: Favourites at the moment are [name]Lucia[/name]/[name]Oliver[/name].

[name]Both[/name], I am a nickname lover, so the more the merrier! I find [name]Ally[/name] more affectionate, although my [name]Alexandra[/name] was always [name]Sandy[/name] to me :slight_smile:

Ehhh. Sometimes. I think it looks pretty written down but I have issues with the pronunciation.

Ooh… I don’t really go for absurd, but [name]Sybella[/name] is fairly unique… I like it but it sounds too close to [name]Isabella[/name] to use.

[name]Isabelle[/name], definitely.

[name]Ashley[/name] [name]Marie[/name]. I adore [name]Ashley[/name] but it sounds very 80’s now! I don’t like [name]Marie[/name], it feels like a filler name to me (although it was a family name).