New Quick Questions Thread!

Sorry, yes I meant middle names :woman_facepalming:. Thank you.

Answer @lumosmaxima’s question.

Henley
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_m]Costello[/name_m]
[name_u]Derby[/name_u]
[name_f]Alla[/name_f]
[name_f]Atlee[/name_f]
[name_f]Ithaca[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayn[/name_f]
[name_u]Cairo[/name_u]
[name_f]Jacinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Kalinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Andra[/name_f]
[name_f]Arava[/name_f]

Would [name_u]Bowie[/name_u] and [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] work as brothers, or is the theme too obvious?

1 Like

I think people would pick up on it, but I think it could still work. [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is a fairly common name with other associations so it’s not like you’d be naming them [name_u]Bowie[/name_u] and [name_u]Ziggy[/name_u].

Can you suggest some long names in the style of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] etc?

1 Like

Emmeline, [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f], [name_f]Madeline[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m], [name_m]Lucius[/name_m], [name_m]Dimitri[/name_m], [name_u]Julian[/name_u], [name_m]Mathias[/name_m], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]

Thoughts on [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]?

1 Like

Beautiful! [name_m]Just[/name_m] a timeless, elegant classic. Popular where I live, but [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is a name that is just about always usable for me.

First names for [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]?

Sibyl [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f] [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]

Thoughts on [name_u]Louise[/name_u] [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] or [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]?

1 Like

They make a gorgeous combo! I think I prefer the flow of [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u], but both are stunning!

Do you prefer [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Vittoria[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Vittoria[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f]?

i prefer the latter of the combos, [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] makes for a beautiful fantasy evoking middle to slightly more familiar [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f], and [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Vittoria[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] gives off a very royal, melodic vibe with underrated word name [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], like dancing in a forest in october. it avoids the alliteration (unless u love that of course) of [name_f]Vittoria[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] making for nicer flow. i hope this answered your question good enough !

what do you think of the combination [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Seraphim[/name_m] ? im worried about the sounds sounding similar to me, but i love the look of it

1 Like

I don’t find the sounds too repetitive at all! it’s a sort of different side to [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - I’m so used to thinking of it as a cosy, warm vintage name, but this middle really brings out the once and future king side, which I’m definitely ready to embrace. I think it’s really lovely, and I love to see bold middle names.

what are your thoughts on [name_f]Eurydice[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], and what can you think of to sub in for [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]?
(I say eurydice yu-RID-ih-see)

1 Like

I don’t love it, unfortunately. It has all the elements I would typically love but it just doesn’t do it for me. I think [name_f]Eurydice[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] flows beautifully but the transition between [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] and [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] feels a bit clunky and forced.

Maybe [name_f]Eurydice[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] as a sub?

What name(s) would you suggest as a brother to [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]?
1 Like

Barnaby, [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and
[name_u]Elias[/name_u], [name_m]Victor[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Lucius[/name_m], [name_u]George[/name_u], [name_m]Hart[/name_m] or [name_u]Oberon[/name_u]

Thoughts on [name_m]Fyfe[/name_m] for a boy?

1 Like

Fyfe is short & cute! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the look of it. Works for me.

Thoughts on [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f] [name_u]Fable[/name_u]?

I really like [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f] [name_u]Fable[/name_u]. [name_u]Fable[/name_u] enhance [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f]’s beautifully fairy feeling.

Uncommon, but not weird middle for [name_m]Leon[/name_m] of any syllable count.

1 Like

Leon [name_u]Eli[/name_u]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_u]Archer[/name_u]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_u]Wilder[/name_u]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]

Long name for the NN Oli? (aside from [name_u]Oliver[/name_u])

I can only think of [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] and Olivander, maybe Solomon at a stretch

Brother for [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] ([name_u]Rory[/name_u]) and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] ([name_f]Nell[/name_f])?

Rosalie, [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m], [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] nn [name_m]Hawk[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Victor[/name_m]

Clarence nn [name_m]Renzo[/name_m]? Thoughts?

I like it! Myself, I would think [name_m]Renzo[/name_m] was short for [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m], but [name_m]Clarence[/name_m] totally works too. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thoughts on: [name_f]Valkyrie[/name_f], [name_f]Valley[/name_f] (as a middle), [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] and Aiolos? :blush:

I think Aiolos is big tongue twister in way many names aren’t, but I do like [name_f]Valkyrie[/name_f], [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f] and even [name_f]Valley[/name_f] as first names or middles.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have suggestion to alternative to nameberry forums? I don’t plan to leave this forum, but I feel like I need alternative forum to discuss some names, since baby name wizard forum are gone.

2 Likes

*Reddit: namenerds
*Babycenter has forums, I believe, but I don’t know how active they are
*Mumsnet
*whattoexpect has forums too

What names would you suggest that are similar to [name_f]Lucasta[/name_f], [name_f]Clarimond[/name_f], [name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f], and [name_f]Eartha[/name_f]?

Floris
[name_f]Cherith[/name_f]
[name_f]Liliosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Winsome[/name_f]
[name_f]Celestine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]
[name_f]Ferelith[/name_f]
[name_f]Opaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Luminosa[/name_f]
[name_u]Ivory[/name_u]
[name_u]Cadence[/name_u]
[name_m]Rainhart[/name_m]
[name_u]Zenith[/name_u]
[name_u]Penrose[/name_u]
[name_u]Arian[/name_u]
[name_m]Elwood[/name_m]
[name_m]Clemense[/name_m]
[name_m]Wayland[/name_m]

Middle names for [name_m]Linus[/name_m]?