(New) Teaser Game!

[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] frowned at [name_f]Lani[/name_f] as the younger girl walked through the doors of the house, no qualms visible at all. “Weird.”
“You don’t say,” [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] muttered. “Write that one down later?”
“Don’t bother. We don’t need notes anymore.”

Next: visible

His shadowy, barely visible arms seemed foreign after all the time he’d spent in the Great World. He’d forgotten what the Void was like. So dull and still. No heartbeat, no reality, no quiet sense of life buzzing in the back of his mind. Instead, there was the nagging, empty feeling of death. A horrible feeling, that was.
Well, home sweet home, he supposed.

Next word: empty

1 Like

I barely get two hours of sleep, my mind is chaos, wandering, yet slow and empty; blank. Finally, when I have enough of trying to sleep, I look up to the sky and I breathe.

Next word: chaos

When [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] departed the kingdom, they left behind chaos, as they hadn’t stated an heir publicly before they left. Of course, [name_u]Theo[/name_u], having been king before, was immediately nominated for the throne, and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] gladly accepted. However, since it was never official, his rule was tedious, during which there were several attacks on the castle and its property.

Next word: attack

I used to think being kidnapped by pirates would be fun. I am sorely disappointed. The only reason I came on the long journey was that most people get attacked by pirates.

Next word: Kidnapped

They say everything that I think the world is, isn’t. I don’t believe them, of course- they’re my kidnappers, why would I?- but they keep pushing these theories, these lies on me, telling me, forcing me to believe them.

(Close enough, right?)

next word: lie/s

1 Like

“What,” [name_m]Niklas[/name_m] said, punctuating each word carefully, “do you want from me?”

“I’ve missed my son,” he said.

“You have Matteo.”

“I’ve missed you ,” [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] said. “It’s been so lonely—”

“Get better at lying,” [name_m]Niklas[/name_m] said through his teeth. He knew his was pushing his father’s buttons, but it felt good to manipulate someone else for once. He liked the thrill of getting a rise out of him.

next: lonely

[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_u]Michael[/name_u] sat down in the front row, but left an open seat between themselves and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. Her stomach pinched a little, though she knew it wasn’t personal. She wouldn’t have sat next to a stranger either, especially not when there were a dozen empty seats. But she couldn’t help but feel embarrassed sitting all by herself. Did she look as lonely as she felt?

Next word: stranger

It was far more comforting than when [name_m]Lord[/name_m] [name_m]Viator[/name_m] spoke to her. The nausea returned, accompanied by dizziness, and [name_m]Cas[/name_m] gripped the stone wall until her hand burned. What if she didn’t recognize the man before her? She could only bite her tongue and imagine the punishment for finding peace with a stranger over [name_m]Lord[/name_m] [name_m]Viator[/name_m], the one who raised her.

Next: recognize

“Do the prisoners ever get….feisty? During inspections?”
“You met my mother.”
He blinked. “I mean–”
“Can’t recognize a joke with all your fondness of them. No. They don’t. Not if they know what’s good for them. If they’re on edge, they obviously have something to hide.”
“Your mother and Red’s mother were on edge.”
“A few solid weeks of interrogation will do that.”

Next: fond

[name_f]Melody[/name_f] murmured contentedly from her bed, as she thought fondly of the lazy day that lay ahead.

Next word: lazy

“What are you doing?” she snapped.

[name_m]Niklas[/name_m] lazily looked up at her, pressing his lips together. After an extended beat, he said, “Thinking.”

“On the top of a building. A tall building,” [name_f]Freyja[/name_f] added, like that made much of a difference.

next: snap

“You are my heir. You are expected to and you will take my place should I ever be taken down. You are my lifeline, [name_u]Prince[/name_u] Mero. And that duty is what keeps your life on the line if you are to fail me, do you understand? Right now that line is weak and useless and near the point of snapping. And if you continue to fail me…let us imagine that the line cannot sustain another blow.”

(Oh man this is from a really old project that I hate with every fiber of my being…but I like this quote :joy:).

Next: blow

The [name_u]December[/name_u] night was steadily growing colder, and [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] stopped to blow into his gloved hands, repeatedly rubbing them together until he felt, at least, a little warmer.

Next: together

I nod and purse my lips together. Damn birthdays. Why is it such an important day? “It’s not that big of a deal.” I shake my head.
“I’m sick of this.” [name_u]Sage[/name_u] says. She stands and walks to the front of the Cafeteria, taking large, fast-paced steps. [name_f]My[/name_f] eyes follow her, terrified of what she is going to do or say. She steps up on top of an empty table and clears her throat.

next: birthday

“Come on, guys,” Arslan said with a forced smile. “It’ll be okay.”

“But it’s not okay,” [name_f]Layla[/name_f] firmly said. “Your dad’s in jail, and because of that, he and Mom are missing your birthday. This is not okay. This’ll be the third one in a row they’ve missed!”

Next word: jail

“Thanks for bailing us out of trouble,” [name_f]Becca[/name_f] said, climbing into the backseat.

[name_u]Avery[/name_u] shook her head, “I’m just glad I’m not bailing you out of jail.”

Next word: trouble

1 Like

Sam’s demeanor at sea was markedly different than his behavior back at home. The cocky, fun-loving, trouble-making prankster he had grown to love over the first sixteen years of his life had completely disappeared, and instead, standing before him, was this stoic, humorless disciplinarian.

Next: disappear

2 Likes

Before being carried away in a sea of crazed shoppers, [name_m]Mikey[/name_m] shouted one final phrase to his brothers: “Meet up with me in the food court!”

“Mikey, no!” [name_u]Leo[/name_u] exclaimed frantically as he, Raph, and [name_u]Donnie[/name_u] helplessly watched their little brother disappear. [name_m]Just[/name_m] then, [name_u]Leo[/name_u] saw Raph and [name_u]Donnie[/name_u] being carried away by other groups and shouted, “Don’t panic, guys! I will find you! I’ll find you all!”

Next word: helpless

“It’s practice, obviously,” [name_m]Brynjar[/name_m] said. He smiled helplessly.

next: smile