Nicknames for Beatrix

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! Currently loving the name [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], and looking for some good nicknames! I love [name_f]Bea[/name_f] a lot, but would like some options :slight_smile: I am not a fan of Trixy/Trixie. Here is what I have come up with

Bea/Bee (Which do you prefer? I like [name_f]Bee[/name_f] better in theory but I also like that [name_f]Bea[/name_f] comes from the name more directly)

[name_f]Betty[/name_f]

[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]

[name_f]Birdie[/name_f]

[name_f]Beanie[/name_f] (Is this cute? I think I kind of like it! What vibes does it give you? There’s an actress (Beanie Feldstein) named [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] who goes by Beanie!)

Let me know your thoughts on these as well as any others you can think of!

[name_f]Bea[/name_f]!

[name_f]Bea[/name_f]- i love! if you’re going for the bee-uh pronunciation i would use this one!
[name_f]Bee[/name_f]- i like it ! prefer [name_f]Bea[/name_f] (bee-uh(, but this is great if you want it like a buzzy bee
[name_f]Betty[/name_f]- so sweet! such a cute nn
[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]- i love it so much. [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] has got to be one of my favourite names ever
[name_f]Birdie[/name_f]- not sure how it comes out of [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] but i do really like it!
[name_f]Beanie[/name_f]- adorable!

1 Like

[name_f]Bea[/name_f] – love this for [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]!

[name_f]Betty[/name_f] – works for me & I like it a lot! people may assume it’s a nickname for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], though

[name_f]Betsy[/name_f] – same as above

[name_f]Birdie[/name_f] – cute, I like it

[name_f]Beanie[/name_f] – definitely cute, I can see it, but it might be a child-only nickname

my favourite is [name_f]Bea[/name_f], but I’m loving the idea of [name_f]Betty[/name_f]!

maybe [name_m]Tri[/name_m] or [name_f]Beata[/name_f]? (bee-ah-ta)

[name_f]Bex[/name_f]
[name_f]Bea[/name_f]
[name_f]Bee[/name_f]

It’s such a lovely name, but I’m with you in that I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Trixie[/name_f].

Bea/Bee - I prefer [name_f]Bee[/name_f] because of the more obvious nature connection and also because it isn’t instinctive for me to pronounce [name_f]Bea[/name_f] as bee (I’d say it like beer, which is another reason why I’m not a fan of [name_f]Bea[/name_f] pronounced bee-uh).

I love [name_f]Betty[/name_f], [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] and [name_f]Birdie[/name_f]! I think [name_f]Betty[/name_f] is the most intuitive but I think [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] is so sweet! And [name_f]Beanie[/name_f] is adorable too, but perhaps as a family nickname.

Some others: [name_u]Bay[/name_u], [name_f]Bex[/name_f], [name_m]Bix[/name_m], [name_f]Bebe[/name_f], [name_f]Bitsy[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_f]Bunny[/name_f], [name_u]Bliss[/name_u] and [name_f]Pixie[/name_f] (although I’m clutching at straws here and I am aware that most of these are a massive stretch!)

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps :yellow_heart:

Found this from 2013:

@judy.newstead Thanks for the feedback! You bring up a good point, that [name_f]Bea[/name_f] can be pronounced like “Bee” or like “Bee-uh”. I actually love both!

@planetnames I agree, [name_f]Beanie[/name_f] does seem like a child-only nickname. I like it as a cutsey option :slight_smile: and then using Bea/Bee when theyre older!

@Ameliaanwen Thanks! I actually just thought of [name_f]Bunny[/name_f] as a nickname too because of [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], who wrote The Tale of [name_m]Peter[/name_m] Rabbit, so I feel like that would work even if its not super intuitive! I also really like [name_f]Bitsy[/name_f], I think I prefer it to [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] but I agree [name_f]Betty[/name_f] is probably more intuitive and I do like it best of the three :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bea/Bee - Prefer Bea for Beatrix, definitely

Betty - Adorable!!

Betsy - This one doesn’t really work, imo

Birdie - Also adorable!!

Beanie - more of a pet name, I think

I’ll also recommend Trixie, which is my favorite Beatrix nickname.

[name_f]Bea[/name_f] :heart:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]! I like [name_f]Bea[/name_f] a lot, & do think that [name_f]Bea[/name_f] makes more sense. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] nn [name_f]Bee[/name_f] looks off. But I like [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] nn [name_f]Bee[/name_f].

[name_f]Betty[/name_f], [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] & [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] all work & are pretty cute. [name_f]Beanie[/name_f] totally works. I just think it’s a little bit too cutesy or wordy or something.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] nn is actually [name_f]Bess[/name_f]. I also like [name_f]Bette[/name_f].

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yes of course!! I love that link - that’s so sweet :pleading_face:

1 Like

[name_f]Bea[/name_f] is my favourite though I like [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] too

1 Like

Bea/Bee is my favorite–I’d do [name_f]Bea[/name_f] for [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] personally, but I think [name_f]Bee[/name_f] works too if that’s your preference! Honestly I love all of your options though.

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought of [name_f]Bess[/name_f] but that’s so cute!

I would use [name_f]Bex[/name_f] or Bexy (kind of like Betsy?) I think.

1 Like

Bea/Bee - 10/10, I prefer [name_f]Bea[/name_f]

[name_f]Betty[/name_f] - 9/10

[name_f]Betsy[/name_f] - 5/10, I love [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] on her own but not from [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

[name_f]Birdie[/name_f] - 7/10

[name_f]Beanie[/name_f] - 6/10

Other nicknames…

[name_f]Trixie[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Ettie[/name_f]
[name_u]Rickie[/name_u]
[name_f]Bitsy[/name_f]
[name_f]Rea[/name_f]
[name_f]Ria[/name_f]
[name_f]Attie[/name_f]
[name_u]Bay[/name_u]
[name_f]Bebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Bess[/name_f]
[name_f]Bessie[/name_f]
[name_f]Trisha[/name_f]
Triss
Rissy
[name_f]Beadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Bex[/name_f]

1 Like

I think [name_f]Beanie[/name_f] is not really my thing, but works well, especially with an “N” middle, like [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] “Beanie”! [name_f]Bea[/name_f] and [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] are my favorite options. Somewhere I heard [name_f]Tess[/name_f] can be a nn for [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], so I always try to make it work for [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], too, but I think it’s a huge stretch… Bea/Bee is my favorite and probably the most expected, though. What middle are you thinking of? Like [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] “Beanie”, you could maybe do a nn based on [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] + the middle?

Good luck!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Beanie[/name_f] is cute! And I love Bea/Bee (not sure which I prefer). [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] is also sweet. Beattie is another that I think works and is quite sweet, and I know a [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] nicknamed BiBi, which is basically the same [name_f]Bea[/name_f] Bea/BB. I also like [name_m]Bix[/name_m].

1 Like

i love bea and birdie!

trixie also works, or ricky? :blush: