Nicknames for Helena?

I am falling hard for this name, but I’m lacking nickname ideas. What are some nicknames for [name]Helena[/name]?

PS- [name]How[/name] do you pronounce this name?

I know a [name]Helena[/name] pronounced Heh - [name]LAY[/name] - nuh with the nickname [name]Lena[/name] ([name]Lay[/name]-na).

I pronounce it Hel-AY-nah. NN’s I can think of would be [name]Helen[/name], [name]Lena[/name] ([name]LAY[/name]-nah), [name]Hattie[/name], [name]Hallie[/name].

Oh I love [name]Hallie[/name] as a nickname!!! I was never sold on [name]Lena[/name].

I pronounce it Hel-ay-nuh. [name]Lainey[/name] is another nn.

I say hel-en-uh. Nicknames could be [name]Leni[/name], [name]Lenna[/name], [name]Enna[/name].

I pronounce is Huh-LEH-nuh and think it’s extreamly pretty that way, but I think I personally might steer clear of it because everyone would pronounce in HEL-[name]LEN[/name]-uh, which is just plain ugly. Anyhow, I really like the nickname [name]Lena[/name] (LEH-nuh).

I say it HEH-len-ah. :slight_smile: I absolutely adore the nn [name]Leni[/name], and if I used [name]Helena[/name], that’s the nn I would use. I think [name]Lena[/name], [name]Nell[/name], [name]Lainey[/name], etc. could work. I know a mom who used [name]Helena[/name] [name]Kate[/name], and calls her [name]Hattie[/name] as a nn–I think that’s pretty cute, too.

Ok I love [name]Leni[/name], [name]Nell[/name] and [name]Hallie[/name]! I’m really loving this name right now- it’s my great grandmother’s name.

I pronounce it “HEL-en-uh”. [name]Lenny[/name] and [name]Len[/name] are cute nicknames for it.

[name]Helena[/name] is one of my favorites. I pronounce it [name]Helen[/name]-ah. I’m not really a nickname person but if I had a [name]Helena[/name] she might be called [name]Nell[/name] from time to time.

I say heh-[name]LAY[/name]-nah. Lenka and [name]Hella[/name] are other nn options I thought of.

I say Hu-[name]Lay[/name]-Na and I think you’ve had some great suggestions already, but I love [name]Lanie[/name].

[name]Lee[/name]-nuh, [name]Lay[/name]-nuh or [name]Len[/name]-uh depending on how you’re pronouncing it. I like all of the ways…but [name]Helen[/name]-uh most.

I think nickname depends a lot on how you do pronounce it, i say HEL-leh-nuh, sort of like [name]Helen[/name] with an “a” at the end, instead of pronouncing it to rhyme with [name]Elena[/name]. So [name]Lainey[/name] (although cute!) doesn’t really sound right with it. I think [name]Lena[/name], pronounce more like [name]Lenna[/name] than [name]Leena[/name] or [name]Layna[/name] could work. My personal favorite is [name]Nell[/name], though! Also, I don’t think that [name]Helena[/name] is too long – I think that it doesn’t necessarily need a nickname.

[name]Len[/name]. I just know one person with fn [name]Helen[/name] and she called by [name]Len[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it.

I pronounce it Hel-AY-nah. I’d nickname her [name]Lainey[/name], [name]Laina[/name], [name]Lane[/name], or [name]Hallie[/name]. Good luck.

[name]Helena[/name] has been on my long list for a long time, I say it Heh-[name]Lay[/name]-Nah. I love the nicknames [name]Lena[/name], [name]Leni[/name], and [name]Nell[/name]. I’m really loving the suggestions of [name]Hallie[/name], [name]Len[/name], & [name]Hattie[/name]. (For a combo like [name]Helena[/name] [name]Kate[/name] - it’s brilliant!)

I pronounce it HEL-en-uh, but I know a he-[name]LAY[/name]-na who goes by Hellie as a nn (Like [name]Ellie[/name] but with a h on the front).

Thanks so much for all of your awesome suggestions! It’s making me love the name even more. I think it goes great with my other favorites for girls, [name]Rosalind[/name] and [name]Lucinda[/name], and I love the connection to my great grandmother. There’s so far been someone in each generation named after her (I have a great aunt [name]Elena[/name] and a second cousin [name]Helen[/name]) and I love the idea of continuing the tradition by using her full name.