Now For The Girl Names...

Now that we’ve settled (for now) on [name]Leo[/name] Torvald [name]Johnson[/name] if it’s a boy, we need to work on a girl’s name. Here is a list of names we like. It would be great if you could help put together combos or offer new suggestions. Last name [name]Johnson[/name]. Thanks!

[name]Malin[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Olena[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Layne[/name] - Wife’s Fav for fn
[name]Scout[/name] - My Fav for mn
Some combos…
[name]Malin[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Olena[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Layne[/name] ?? [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Elena[/name] [name]Scout[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]

[name]Layne[/name] [name]Scout[/name]
[name]Elena[/name] [name]Scout[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] ([name]Rory[/name]) [name]Scout[/name]

What do you think about [name]Marlin[/name]?

I grew up on the coast where they fish for [name]Marlin[/name] so I think of the fish. I kind of like it for a boy though.

Your most intriguing choice is [name]Mary[/name]. It will almost certainly have fallen out of the top 100 by the time the rankings are released in [name]May[/name], so your [name]Mary[/name] would really be able to stand out with a very common name.

[name]Add[/name] to that a ton of great nicknames (if you chose to go that route… [name]Mary[/name] itself sounds great to me) and you really have an under-the-radar winner.

I love [name]Elsa[/name], [name]Malin[/name] and [name]Olena[/name]! Is [name]Elena[/name] eh-[name]LAYNE[/name]-ah or ellen-ah?
I personally much prefer [name]Elena[/name] to [name]Layne[/name] by itself, but that’s just me!

Here’s the combos I like (including some you already have):
[name]Malin[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Malin[/name] [name]Elena[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Layne[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Layne[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Olena[/name] [name]Scout[/name]
[name]Olena[/name] [name]Malin[/name]
[name]Layne[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Layne[/name] [name]Malin[/name]
[name]Elena[/name] [name]Louise[/name]

[name]Mary[/name] is a beautiful name but with your last name – like [name]Henry[/name]-- it seems pretty lackluster to me. Then again in a middle spot it would be fine, I just had a hard time working it in.

You’ve got some great name choices! I’m excited to see what you end up choosing!

P.S. Random thought – would it bother you to have a [name]Layne[/name] and a [name]Leo[/name] if you get one or the other first? I suppose there’s always the middle name rule for you! I keep forgetting about that!

[name]Aurora[/name] nn [name]Rory[/name], [name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Elena[/name] are my favourites. You could definitely play around with the middles though…

[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Scout[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Scout[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Marin[/name]
[name]Elena[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Elena[/name] [name]Mary[/name]

We now have a top three…

[name]Elena[/name] [name]Scout[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - eh-[name]LAYNE[/name]-ah. [name]Layne[/name] as a nn. [name]Scout[/name] makes it more spunky than our previous favorite [name]Elena[/name] [name]Mary[/name].
[name]Layne[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - Wife LOVES [name]Layne[/name], and she doesn’t like many names. To me it’s incomplete, but oh-well. [name]Mary[/name] honors family.
[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Layne[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - Gets the Norwegian heritage with [name]Elsa[/name] and wife’s favorite with [name]Layne[/name].

Hey, there!

With [name]Leo[/name] Torvald [name]Johnson[/name], here are my favorites:

[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Elena[/name] [name]Scout[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Elena[/name] [name]Scout[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - eh-[name]LAYNE[/name]-ah. [name]Layne[/name] as a nn. [name]Scout[/name] makes it more spunky than our previous favorite [name]Elena[/name] [name]Mary[/name]. - I agree 100%. I like [name]Elena[/name] [name]Scout[/name] nn [name]Layne[/name] very much and it incorporates both your and your wife’s favorites.
[name]Layne[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - Wife LOVES [name]Layne[/name], and she doesn’t like many names. To me it’s incomplete, but oh-well. [name]Mary[/name] honors family. - I agree that [name]Layne[/name] alone seems incomplete as a first name but I like it a lot for a nickname. This one is my least favorite of your top three.
[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Layne[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - Gets the Norwegian heritage with [name]Elsa[/name] and wife’s favorite with [name]Layne[/name]. - I like the link to Norwegian heritage, the familiar-but-uncommon [name]Elsa[/name], [name]Layne[/name] in the middle works well and your wife can call her by her middle name if she wants. I like this one! [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Layne[/name] seems to go well with [name]Leo[/name] Torvald too, if you were to have a boy and girl someday. [name]Elena[/name] [name]Scout[/name], while I like it, doesn’t seem like the same couple who chose [name]Leo[/name] Torvald would choose it, if you know what I mean.

[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Layne[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] gets my vote!

[name]Elena[/name] [name]Scout[/name] - [name]Elena[/name] + [name]Scout[/name] = [name]Bright[/name] [name]Journey[/name]

[name]Layne[/name] [name]Mary[/name]- [name]Layne[/name] + [name]Mary[/name] = bitter way

[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Layne[/name]- [name]Elsa[/name] + [name]Layne[/name] = Path to G-d

I like [name]Elena[/name] [name]Scout[/name] :slight_smile:

We have a winner!! Was favoring this name - now in love with it. [name]Elena[/name] [name]Scout[/name]! That was a lot faster and easier than the boys name.

Yay! Good choice :wink:

Yay. That’s the name I was going to choose. It seems like it’s the best of all worlds: you get [name]Scout[/name], she gets [name]Layne[/name], and your little girl gets [name]Elena[/name], which is a beautiful full name that will probably get taken more seriously than [name]Layne[/name] as she grows up. Good work!

[name]Hi[/name] GwensMom, I see what you mean about the pairings. We plan on this being an only child, but should we have another, how about these pairings…?

[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Layne[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] & [name]Leo[/name] Torvald [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Elena[/name] [name]Scout[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] & [name]Henry[/name] [name]Duke[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]

[quote=“norsedad”]Now that we’ve settled (for now) on [name]Leo[/name] Torvald [name]Johnson[/name] if it’s a boy, we need to work on a girl’s name. Here is a list of names we like. It would be great if you could help put together combos or offer new suggestions. Last name [name]Johnson[/name]. Thanks!

[name]Malin[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] - love and love nn [name]Rory[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name] - love [name]Ailsa[/name]
[name]Louise[/name] - love and love [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] - like
[name]Olena[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Layne[/name] - Wife’s Fav for fn - pretty
[name]Scout[/name] - My Fav for mn
Some combos…
[name]Malin[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - love
[name]Olena[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Layne[/name] ?? [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Elena[/name] [name]Scout[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] - love

[name]Elsa[/name] is beautiful! It definitely gets my vote! :o)

[name]Just[/name] wanted to say that I would pronounce [name]Elena[/name] as [name]Ellen[/name]-uh. It is my friend’s mother’s name, and that is how she says it. I know this debate has been going on for awhile, but I had a friend called [name]Elaina[/name] when I was little, and she pronounced it how you want it pronounced. Her nickname was [name]Lainey[/name]…

So, I would use [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Scout[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]… :slight_smile:

I pronounce [name]Elena[/name] as Eh Lean ah I find [name]Ellen[/name] ah offputting.
Like the nn of [name]Lainey[/name]

norsedad are only children common in your area?

I think it is fine to have an only, but I am sure that I will be howled down by the crowd.

I pronounce [name]Elena[/name] like eh-[name]LANE[/name]-uh. It’s very pretty!