Nursery for Babies Born in the "Compromise with your (assigned) partner" thread

@Waverly123 and I are really excited to announce the birth of our baby girl: Harriet Clara “Etta”!

After exchanging lists, Waverly and I first decided on Eleanor as a first name, and I forgot that @futuremama and I had a girl with Eleanor as a middle. So, we chose the two remaining names that we both like and combined them! Our other option would have been Clara Katherine, but I decided to go with Harriet Clara because I already have a Kat. Waverly came up with Etta as a nn when she first thought of Harriet as a first.

Etta joins many half-siblings on both sides! My half-siblings are in my UC, and Waverly’s are in hers.

Welcome, Etta!! :smiley:

8 Likes

@hyacinth.bea and I are over the moon to welcome our baby boy…

[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_u]Fable[/name_u]!!!

[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] joins full sister [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_f]Reverie[/name_f], and half-siblings on both sides.

[name_m]Amadeo[/name_m] was one of my suggestions, as I thought it went really well with [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f]. [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] is an uncommon Biblical name, and [name_m]Amadeo[/name_m] is an uncommon Latin name meaning “lover of God.”

Our hearts were set on [name_m]Amadeo[/name_m], and @hyacinth.bea started suggesting middles, and I fell in love with [name_u]Fable[/name_u]! However, [name_m]Amadeo[/name_m] [name_u]Fable[/name_u] was too rhyme-y for us! [name_u]An[/name_u] easy compromise was [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m] [name_u]Fable[/name_u]!

Our runners up were [name_m]Amadeo[/name_m] [name_u]True[/name_u] and [name_m]Amadeo[/name_m] [name_u]Ren[/name_u].

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to this world sweet [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]!

12 Likes

@Larryisalittledog and I are delighted to announce the sweet addition of [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Uriel[/name_m] [name_u]Fox[/name_u] to our little family. :deciduous_tree::telescope::school_satchel::bulb::fox_face:

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] joins big brothers [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m], and big sister [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u], as well as many half-siblings on both sides.

When we found out we were expecting another boy, [name_u]London[/name_u] suggested a small list of names and asked for mine. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] was the only name on both of our lists. But I wasn’t 100% sure about [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] yet, as I didn’t feel it had quite the same funky, quirky vibe as [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. I did love [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], however, and agreed that it did share a more trendy, modern, nature vibe with his sister’s name, [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. Also in Rowan’s favor, was the fact that I was noticing our penchant for names with high “Scrabble” scoring letters haha. [name_u]London[/name_u] commented on this as well. BUT… before pulling the trigger on [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], I wanted to hear how it would sound with some sample middle names to see if that would seal the deal for me. Preferably, I wanted a three syllable middle name with a “U” in it (as we already had our Scrabble letters “v”, “w”, “x”, “y” and “z”) and an animal themed second middle. [name_u]London[/name_u] immediately shot back with [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Uriel[/name_m] Fox!!! And I immediately fell in LOVE. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. It was absolutely perfect. [name_m]Uriel[/name_m] gives [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] that funky, clunky flair that I love in his brother’s names. And how cute is [name_u]Fox[/name_u] paired with [name_u]Wolf[/name_u], [name_m]Bear[/name_m], and Dove??

We couldn’t be more in love with the addition of sweet [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Uriel[/name_m] [name_u]Fox[/name_u] to our family. :heart:

10 Likes

@lateaugust and I are happy to announce our baby boy named [name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] [name_u]Lyle[/name_u]. [name_u]Harper[/name_u] came from my list, and the middle names came from Madison’s list.

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world little [name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] [name_u]Lyle[/name_u]

8 Likes

@Wandarine and I are so happy to announce the arrival if our little boy!

[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m] :ocean:

[name_u]River[/name_u] is a part if @Wandarine’s gp sibset, and joins half-siblings [name_u]Genesis[/name_u] [name_f]Brielle[/name_f], [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] [name_f]Anemone[/name_f], [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f] [name_u]Nuri[/name_u] and [name_m]Prosper[/name_m] [name_m]Angelo[/name_m] in it! He also joins many other half-siblings on both sides :two_hearts:
We chose his name because it was a beautiful combination of gp names that we both love!

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] little [name_u]River[/name_u]! We are so in love with your name! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

@venezio and I are excited to announce our little boy!

[name_m]Endymion[/name_m] [name_m]Othello[/name_m] [name_u]March[/name_u] ‘Mio’ :sunflower: :classical_building:

We absolutely adore his name! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
[name_u]Mio[/name_u] joins siblings [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_f]Austėja[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] ‘Percy’, [name_m]Romulus[/name_m] [name_m]Achilles[/name_m] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] ‘Romy’, [name_m]Aristotle[/name_m] [name_u]Rune[/name_u] [name_f]Wildflower[/name_f] ‘Ari’ and many other half-siblings on both sides!

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] sweet [name_u]Mio[/name_u]!

11 Likes

@w8src and I are so excited to announce the arrival of [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] Clara’s new little brother…

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Declan[/name_u]!

After combining our lists, we came up with about 5-6 names we both loved. After w8src made some combos, 2 stood out to me. We ended up going with [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] because we thought it paired nicely with [name_f]Harriet[/name_f]. After trying out [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] with all of the other names we both liked, we went back to w8src’s first suggestion of [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Declan[/name_u]! [name_f]Etta[/name_f] is so excited to get to know her new little brother! [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] joins many half siblings on both sides (in addition to his full sister [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] “Etta”).

9 Likes

@futuremama and I are excited to announce the arrival of our son…

[name_u]Huxley[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u], nn [name_m]Huck[/name_m] or [name_m]Hux[/name_m]!

I wanted to continue the theme we had for girls masc fn and fem mn. And that’s exactly what we did.

[name_u]Huxley[/name_u] joins siblings; [name_u]Darby[/name_u] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] and [name_u]Billie[/name_u] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], and many half siblings.

7 Likes

@Sophie_sawriter and I are excited to announce the birth of our second girl:

[name_f]Selkie[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]

We were able to name her pretty fast, as her first name is what we nearly used for our first daughters middle name, then we agreed on [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] for her middle name. [name_f]Selkie[/name_f] joins older sister [name_u]Tempest[/name_u] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] and many other half siblings who are overjoyed to welcome her!

8 Likes

@tbonsanti and I are so thrilled to announce he birth of our little girl…

Eleanor Scarlett! :ribbon:

We loved classic names from Josephine to Rose, and were ultimately deciding between Eleanor Scarlett and Adelaide Belle for her name. But we couldn’t resist Eleanor Scarlett! We love her name and are so excited to introduce her to you!!

8 Likes

@futuremama and I are excited to announce our twin boys

Yves Mulberry and Ari Foxglove

We already named twin boys together, our Elio Hyacinth and Rafa Bloom, and were very excited to do it again.

To fit Elio and Rafa’s names we knew that we wanted shorter first names with a lot of energy with more uncommon nature-themed middles. After the first round of narrowing the list, Yves felt right and after some back and forth we found Ari which complements the set perfectly. Their middle names, Mulberry and Foxglove, tie into the natural world. Overall, their names work really well with their brothers and with both of our styles.

Welcome to the family Ari + Yves!!

8 Likes

@vida and I are delighted to announce the arrival of our little girl!

[name_f]Urania[/name_f] [name_u]Soul[/name_u] ‘Uri’ :ringer_planet:

[name_f]Urania[/name_f] was suggested by [name_u]Vida[/name_u], which we both love with our sibset, and [name_u]Soul[/name_u] was chosen to match her siblings’ arty middles and because we loved it with [name_f]Urania[/name_f] as a first!
[name_m]Uri[/name_m] joins older siblings:

:zap: [name_f]Electra[/name_f] [name_f]Muse[/name_f] ‘Elkie’
:notes: [name_m]Beowulf[/name_m] [name_u]Jazz[/name_u] ‘Wolfie’
:lion: [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] Song ‘Leonie’
:rocket: [name_m]Calixto[/name_m] [name_f]Poem[/name_f] ‘Calix’

And many other half-siblings on both sides!
[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] little [name_m]Uri[/name_m]! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

@hyacinth.bea and i are so so happy to announce the arrival of our twins boys!

Tiberio [name_u]Zen[/name_u] ‘Tiber’ & Oceano [name_u]Dream[/name_u] ‘Ozzy’ :ocean:

they join big siblings:
:zap: [name_f]Electra[/name_f] [name_f]Muse[/name_f] ‘Elkie’ (twin 1)
:notes: [name_m]Beowulf[/name_m] [name_u]Jazz[/name_u] ‘Wolfie’ (twin 2)
:ringer_planet: [name_f]Urania[/name_f] [name_u]Soul[/name_u] ‘Uri’

and many half siblings on both sides!

Tiberio is a name i’ve been having a big crush on lately and luckily @hyacinth.bea loved it! then i proposed [name_u]Zen[/name_u] as a middle to match the artsy / spiritual theme in our other kids’ middle and it was settled! and Oceano is a name we’ve been thinking about for our other kids but it didn’t feel like it fit with our sibset but we both loved it with Tiberio :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: both are water related! i proposed Oceano [name_u]Dream[/name_u] as a whole combo and we fell in love instantaneously :heart_eyes: we didn’t even consider other middles for neither of them.

welcome Tiber & [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]! everyone is so happy with your arrival :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

@hyacinth.bea and I are thrilled to welcome our with child! We named them…
[name_u]Remington[/name_u] [name_u]Joey[/name_u] [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u] nn [name_u]Remi[/name_u] :ocean::kangaroo::white_flower:
[name_u]Remi[/name_u] is intersex, so it was important to me and @hyacinth.bea to give them a neutral name. Their other siblings are [name_m]Horatio[/name_m], [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f], [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], and [name_m]Atreyu[/name_m] (Ace, [name_f]Lili[/name_f], [name_u]Guin[/name_u], and True), so we wanted something longer and more romantic that had a cute nickname. I love [name_u]Remington[/name_u] “Remi” as a neutral name and so did @hyacinth.bea, so we knew it was the one.

[name_u]Joey[/name_u] continues our friends theme (we’ve used [name_m]Gunther[/name_m], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], and Chandler). I remember that [name_u]Joey[/name_u] could be neutral so I suggested it. We both knew it was the perfect fit.

After choosing [name_u]Remington[/name_u] and [name_u]Joey[/name_u], which are typcially masculine, we both wanted a slightly more feminine second middle. I was working on my combo list when @hyacinth.bea sent their’s. One of the names on my list was [name_u]Remington[/name_u] [name_u]Joey[/name_u] [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u], to honor @hyacinth.bea. While it was looking over @hyacinth.bea’s list, I saw [name_u]Remington[/name_u] [name_u]Joey[/name_u] [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u]. I thought it was a sign that it was on both of our lists, so we went for it.

We loved how [name_u]Remi[/name_u] went with his big sibling’s nicknames [name_u]Ace[/name_u], [name_f]Lili[/name_f], [name_u]Guin[/name_u], and [name_u]True[/name_u].

[name_u]Remi[/name_u] joins big siblings [name_m]Horatio[/name_m] [name_m]Gunther[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] “Ace”, [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f] “Lili”, [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] “Guin”, and [name_m]Atreyu[/name_m] [name_u]Chandler[/name_u] [name_u]Lane[/name_u] “True”.

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] [name_u]Remi[/name_u]!

5 Likes

@vida and I are thrilled to announce our eighth child together, a little boy!

:compass: [name_u]Ventura[/name_u] [name_m]Blues[/name_m] ‘Ventu’

[name_u]Ventura[/name_u] was another name we adored with our sibset, while [name_m]Blues[/name_m] is after blues music, to match his siblings’ middles!
Ventu joins older siblings:

:zap: [name_f]Electra[/name_f] [name_f]Muse[/name_f] ‘Elkie’ (Twins with Wolfie)
:notes: [name_m]Beowulf[/name_m] [name_u]Jazz[/name_u] ‘Wolfie’
:ringer_planet: [name_f]Urania[/name_f] [name_u]Soul[/name_u] ‘Uri’
:whale: Tiberio [name_u]Zen[/name_u] ‘Tiber’ (Twins with Ozzy)
:ocean: Oceano [name_u]Dream[/name_u] ‘Ozzy’

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] Ventu! We are so happy to have you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

@Larryisalittledog and I couldn’t wait to announce the arrival of our fifth child, a beautiful daughter named [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Quintessa[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]! :sparkles::seedling::crown::bird:
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] was named so quickly and easily as she just seemed to FIT right in with her siblings:

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Uriel[/name_m] [name_u]Fox[/name_u]
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Quintessa[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u]

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] has the funky Scrabble letters, a princess-y middle name like [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] that just so happens to also mean “fifth child”, and an animal second middle. [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] is a trendy nature name like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]. She also has the same syllable counts as her siblings.

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] has many half-siblings on both sides and we all just couldn’t be happier! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

@Larryisalittledog and I are proud to announce the arrival of our twins!

[name_f]Capucine[/name_f] [name_f]Monica[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] ‘Nina’ :blossom:
&
[name_m]Maximilian[/name_m] [name_m]Ross[/name_m] [name_u]Thoreau[/name_u] ‘Max’ :fallen_leaf:

[name_f]Nina[/name_f] and [name_u]Max[/name_u] join older siblings [name_m]Horatio[/name_m] [name_m]Gunther[/name_m] [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] ‘Ace’, [name_f]Lilibet[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f] ‘Lili’, [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] ‘Guin’, [name_m]Atreyu[/name_m] [name_u]Chandler[/name_u] [name_u]Lane[/name_u] ‘True’ and [name_u]Remington[/name_u] [name_u]Joey[/name_u] [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u]! Their first middle is to match their siblings’ Friends themed middle, while their first name and second middle were suggestions that we adored together!

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] [name_f]Nina[/name_f] and [name_u]Max[/name_u]!

9 Likes

@etoilelumineuse and I are thrilled to welcome our triplets! Meet…
[name_u]Poet[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] “Poe” :open_book:
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] “Si” :evergreen_tree:
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] “Teddy” :teddy_bear:
I reached out to [name_f]Emma[/name_f] about naming triplets because I noticed our styles were quite similar. Luckily [name_f]Emma[/name_f] said yes, so we went on with naming girl/boy/boy triplets.
[name_u]Poet[/name_u] was the first to get her name. We had lot’s of common grounds when it came to girls. We agreed on 4 names for [name_u]Poet[/name_u] ans since I love them equally, I let [name_f]Emma[/name_f] choose and [name_u]Poet[/name_u] became her name.
[name_u]Poet[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] was the first combo [name_f]Emma[/name_f] suggested and I loved it’s singsongy, cheery feel. It was upbeat and happy and we both agreed it was Poe’s name.

Then came [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] was a name on Emma’s list that I had been wanting to use lately (the nickname [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] was a plus). Since we both liked it so much, we knew it was the obvius choice.
We both liked [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Bram[/name_m], but [name_f]Emma[/name_f] already had a nursery baby named [name_m]Bram[/name_m] so I brought one of my favorite [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] combos to the table, [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Graham[/name_m]. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] loved it, so we chose [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] [name_m]Graham[/name_m] for our little boy.

Silas’ first name came before [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], but his middle took forever. [name_m]Silas[/name_m] was on my list, and since [name_f]Emma[/name_f] loved it and [name_u]Poet[/name_u], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], and [name_m]Silas[/name_m] is adorable we chose it.
We went through so many combos for Silas’ middle. We just couldn’t agree on so many and the ones we did agree on, one of us wasn’t completely sold. When I suggested [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m], [name_f]Emma[/name_f] said she loved it. It was “the name”.

[name_u]Poet[/name_u], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], and [name_m]Silas[/name_m] join many half siblings on both sides!

We couldn’t be more happy with you little [name_u]Poe[/name_u], [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] [name_m]Graham[/name_m], and [name_u]Si[/name_u]!

13 Likes

@tbonsanti & I are so excited to announce our first NB Nursery baby… [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]!

Right off the bat, we had a bunch of names we loved, and when I said [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] was my absolute favourite, tbonsati came up with a bunch of possible combinations (some with [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m], some without). I narrowed it down to 4, tbonsati cut the list down to 2, and suddenly we had our winner!

[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] has been a long time favourite of mine. I love the sound, the water imagery it evokes (think locks that a boat passes through).

[name_m]Augustus[/name_m] was a spunky and more daring name that we thought paired well!

We couldn’t be happier with the new name and new baby!

9 Likes

@autumn.leaves and I are thrilled to welcome our baby girl! We welcome…
[name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] :lion: :tangerine::crown:
[name_f]Leona[/name_f] was on Autumn’s list and I absolutely love that it was the perfect mix of feminism and strength. Despite having many shared loves, in the end, we were both overcome with love for [name_f]Leona[/name_f].
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] was a name we considered for Leona’s first and when [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] suggested [name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], I loved it.
I wanted to add a second middle to tie the combo together and I saw [name_u]Marie[/name_u] as a middle on Autumn’s list. I thought [name_f]Leona[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] had the perfect mix of elegance and strength. Luckily, [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] agreed.
[name_f]Leona[/name_f] is our only child together so far, but we just got assigned a little sister for her. She joins many half-siblings on both sides.
[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] [name_f]Leona[/name_f]!

10 Likes