Oh boy... (it's twin boys 😧)

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all,

We’ve got a scary update on our pregnancy: it’s twins. :scream:
As we went in to find out the gender (singular), we were enthusiastically told that ‘they are both boys!’. I just about fell off the table. Not because of the boy thing, I’m convinced we just cannot make girls haha. The sweet woman just had no idea we didn’t know there were two in there. :crazy_face:
We’ve kind of gotten over that initial shock, but in a few months, we’ll have eight boys under 10 – that’s still kinda scary, right? :flushed:

In any case – we need two names now. We like [name_u]Julian[/name_u], [name_m]Joshua[/name_m], [name_u]Beau[/name_u], [name_u]Callum[/name_u], [name_m]Duncan[/name_m], and [name_m]Marcus[/name_m]. But which of these could be twins? What other names (containing a [u]) could we use (we already have Arthur, Lucas, Hugo, Edmund, Quentin, and Samuel).

Oh, and we’re also out of (family) middle names now. :grimacing: All our boys have long, classic middle names: [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], and [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m].

Thanks a lot,

TDay

10 Likes

Congratulations!!! That is an exciting update! It sounds like your going to have your hands even more full! ! Some twin names I love going off what your current likes are

Joshua and [name_u]Julian[/name_u] make a great set. I personally love alliteration but they sound different and don’t really repeat sounds

Callum and [name_m]Duncan[/name_m] -both 6 letters

Marcus and [name_u]Beau[/name_u] have subtle [name_u]French[/name_u] tie !
Some long middle names

Sebastian
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Archibald[/name_m]
[name_u]Anderson[/name_u]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Beauregard[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_u]Maverick[/name_u]
[name_u]Everest[/name_u]

My favourite is [name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] , [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] and [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]

1 Like

Wow, what exciting news! With six boys already, I’m sure you have all the skills and training necessary to parent eight boys under 10 :wink: Good luck!

From your name options, I love [name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] for twins. Both ancient and regal, but also warm and friendly sounding names. [name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] would also be amazing!

More U names for you

Reuben
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]/Hugh
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Caius[/name_m]
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m]
[name_u]Urban[/name_u]
[name_m]Arnaud[/name_m]
[name_u]Murray[/name_u]
[name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
[name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u]

Long, classic middles

Dominic
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_m]Leonard[/name_m]
[name_m]Maximilian[/name_m]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m]
[name_u]Constantine[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Isidore[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
[name_m]Fabian[/name_m]
[name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_u]Montgomery[/name_u]
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]
[name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_m]Reginald[/name_m]
[name_m]Archibald[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Percival[/name_m]
[name_m]Horatio[/name_m]

Goodness, what a surprise!!! Congratulations!

Some other u names I like are [name_u]Huxley[/name_u], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Quiller[/name_m], [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] and [name_u]Umber[/name_u].
[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite of your names is [name_u]Beau[/name_u]. I think he makes a good twin name with [name_u]Callum[/name_u] (or [name_u]Huxley[/name_u]).

Middle suggestions: [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] and [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] or [name_m]Xavian[/name_m].

Joshua and [name_u]Murray[/name_u]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]/Hugh
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] and [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] and Emmauel
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] and [name_m]Manuel[/name_m]
I like [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] or [name_u]Michael[/name_u] in the middle spot.
Congratulations!

Aww you have yourself a team of boys. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f]. I really like [name_u]Julian[/name_u]. How about [name_u]August[/name_u]?
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_u]August[/name_u] sound great together.

2 Likes

Duncan [name_u]Tate[/name_u] & [name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_u]Levi[/name_u]
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_u]Reid[/name_u] & [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] & [name_u]Quentin[/name_u] [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Abel[/name_m] & [name_u]Dustin[/name_u] [name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]Linus[/name_m] & [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Leonard[/name_m]
[name_m]Marcus[/name_m] [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] & [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] [name_u]Wade[/name_u]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] & [name_u]Quincy[/name_u] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_m]Russell[/name_m] [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] & [name_u]Curtis[/name_u] [name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Clifford[/name_m] & [name_m]Gunnar[/name_m] [name_m]Clyde[/name_m]
[name_m]Darius[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] & [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u] [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] & [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_m]Grant[/name_m]

Congrats!
With your other sons I like [name_m]Duncan[/name_m] and [name_u]Julian[/name_u]!

Julian [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] & [name_m]Duncan[/name_m] [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] & [name_m]Duncan[/name_m] [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]

Hi there.

Twins after a bunch of singles should be a fun different challenge, right? :grin: [name_f]My[/name_f] SIL & BIL have five boys eleven & under, & I have to say that they’re house is so fun. :slight_smile: And your sons’ names are so charming.

Here are my thoughts on what you’ve got so far:

Julian-I love love love this name. It’s on my top three list, & it fits in beautifully w/your crew.

Joshua-This one doesn’t do much for me. It just seems sort of 80s, I guess? It’s not awful.

Beau-I don’t hate it, but it’s just a little bro-ish sounding to me. I may be in the minority here. Your sons’ names are just so handsome & sophisticated, & I don’t know that [name_u]Beau[/name_u] fits that well. But again, if you love it, it’s not bad at all.

Callum-I love this name. Kind of prefer [name_m]Calum[/name_m], just because I feel like the nn [name_u]Cal[/name_u] makes more sense that way, & it looks sleeker. It’s a bit sportier than your boys’ names, but it fits fine. It’s very sweet & handsome & not too common.

Duncan-This fits w/your crew. It’s not my personal favorite, because I feel like it’s almost too quirky. But it’s kind of fun.

Marcus-Oh, I like this for you. Honestly not a name that I usually care for, but it’s kind of unexpected & fits in really well.

I think that [name_u]Julian[/name_u] & [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] would be charming as twins. Or [name_u]Julian[/name_u] & [name_u]Callum[/name_u].

Here are a few more ‘u’ names-

Angus

August

Augustus

Bruno

Claude

Fergus

Julius

Jude

Maximus

Magnus

Sullivan

Thaddeus

Tucker

Zacceus

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

I like [name_u]Julian[/name_u] & [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] best, followed by [name_u]Julian[/name_u] & [name_m]Marcus[/name_m]. For middle names, how about

[name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Kenneth[/name_m]
[name_m]Raymond[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]

1 Like

I love [name_u]Callum[/name_u] & [name_m]Duncan[/name_m] together!
Also loving [name_u]Julian[/name_u] & [name_m]Marcus[/name_m]!

Congratulations on your twins!

I love [name_u]Callum[/name_u] and [name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_u]Callum[/name_u] and [name_m]Duncan[/name_m].

Callum [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Duncan[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

Other mn possibilties:
[name_m]Gulliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonardo[/name_m]
[name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m]
[name_m]Mulligan[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmerson[/name_u]
[name_u]Charleston[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicodemus[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Beauregard[/name_m]
[name_m]Emmanuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Eugene[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferguson[/name_m]

Other names with a “u”:
[name_m]Mulligan[/name_m]
[name_m]Octavius[/name_m]
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_m]Aloysius[/name_m]
[name_m]Antonius[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_u]Austin[/name_u]
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]
[name_m]Basilius[/name_m]
[name_m]Bauer[/name_m]
[name_m]Braun[/name_m]
[name_m]Burke[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferguson[/name_m]

Congratulations, how exciting!! :heart_eyes:

I think [name_u]Julian[/name_u] & [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] would make the most adorable pair of twin boys!
As a PP mentioned, [name_u]August[/name_u] & [name_u]Austin[/name_u] would also make suitable name choices for you

Middle name ideas:
[name_m]Anthony[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonardo[/name_m]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_m]Everard[/name_m]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m]
[name_m]Zacharias[/name_m]

1 Like

Beau and [name_u]Jude[/name_u] were the first twin set that came to my mind with your older boys!

Marcus & [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] would also work
Sorry but I find [name_u]Callum[/name_u] and [name_m]Duncan[/name_m] a bit dated

From other people’s suggestions I love [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] or [name_u]Austin[/name_u] and [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]!

Good luck!!

1 Like

Oh wow! I would suggest [name_u]Callum[/name_u] and [name_u]Beau[/name_u], [name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_m]Joshua[/name_m], [name_m]Duncan[/name_m] and [name_m]Marcus[/name_m], and, my favorite, [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] and [name_u]Beau[/name_u].

1 Like

Wow! Eight boys! Congratulations!

Of your names, my favorites are [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] and [name_u]Beau[/name_u]. [name_u]Beau[/name_u] is so lovely and short, but also very sophisticated. I think of [name_f]France[/name_f], which is very handsome. [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] is a timeless name that will make sense his entire life. It’s not too childish and is quite professional, I think.

My first name suggestions are [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], [name_u]Emmett[/name_u], [name_u]George[/name_u], [name_m]Paul[/name_m], [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], [name_m]Andreas[/name_m], [name_m]Emmanuel[/name_m], and especially [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]William[/name_m].

My middle name suggestions are [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Phillip[/name_m], [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], and [name_u]Christian[/name_u], but [name_m]Andreas[/name_m] and [name_m]Emmanuel[/name_m] would also work nicely as middle names.

@Ehrob1 suggested [name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] which is phenomenal.

Best to you and your growing family! Good luck!

1 Like

Callum & [name_m]Duncan[/name_m] - get my vote, both 2 syllables and not matchey with any of their bros
Or
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] & [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] are cute, different, longer than brothers but both the same length and share the J
 Which may be ok or not it you want them all to have different initials

For middles I would scan the family tree, just like up until something jumps out at you, maybe even surnames?

Also CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I’ll suggest [name_m]Judson[/name_m] & [name_m]Judah[/name_m]

Beau [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] and [name_m]Duncan[/name_m] [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]
Enjoy the boys!

Thank you all for your insights, they’re very helpful for us!

We’re currently debating whether or not to repeat initials. We haven’t done that so far, but we love some names that would share an initial with a brother. What are your opinions/tips on this issue? Would it be weird to only start repeating now? Should we avoid giving the twins the same initial? What are your experiences?

1 Like