Oh boy... (it's twin boys šŸ˜§)

Personally, I donā€™t think sharing initials is too big of a deal. I share the same first and last initial with my older sister and rarely are we ever confused for the other. Thereā€™s some inevitable risk of confusion with siblings in general, especially twins, but beyond that, I donā€™t think itā€™s a serious issue. I have never been referred to by my first initial-last name, anyway.

I have always thought that twins with the same first initial are charming! I know a set of twins (a boy and a girl) whose names both start with G. Theyā€™ve never expressed any frustration with their similar names, even into adulthood. [name_f]My[/name_f] advice is to choose for yourself as far as the first letter. Based on your older kidā€™s names, Iā€™m sure whatever you pick will be fantastic!

Hope this helped! Best of luck to your family!

Callum and [name_u]Beau[/name_u]! [name_m]Long[/name_m] and classic middles? How about:
[name_m]Maximilian[/name_m]
[name_m]Isidore[/name_m]
[name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Antonius[/name_m]

@notcinnamon, I like [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] and [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]!

1 Like

I also thought that if you wanted to lengthen [name_u]Beau[/name_u] then [name_m]Beauden[/name_m] is lovely.

It really depends with initials.
It certainly isnā€™t going to hurt anyone if one or both of the twins share initials with siblings ā€¦ But once you do then itā€™s done.
Since you havenā€™t done it so farā€¦
Pros:
-You can just put first initials on things (tooth brushes, gym bags, anything youā€™d embroider, above coat hooksā€¦ like with girls or boys for some things you might get jewelry with a first initial, school supplies, above their beds, the back of sports jerseys are often an initial and surnameā€¦)
-each boy has a distinctiveness about his name, I even suggest parents consider the endings and dominant sounds in the names ā€¦ Like even juggling names when trying to ask one to come inside or it they need something lolā€¦ [name_m]Even[/name_m] with distinctly different names that can get jumbled lolā€¦
-helps narrow it down, choose fave for each letter and go from thereā€¦
-no thoughts like the baby has the same initial as - why not me or? But they may be too young to over think things.
-no people thinking the twins are the two with the same initial when they arent.

Cons:
Names you might like best get crossed out- always choose the name you love best unless you have a really good reason

I think giving twins the same initial would probably be easier in a way and I like it personally, I think it gives them a nice connection for just them as twins, thatā€™s special.
Different middle initial would be fine like JO & JR could go on thingsā€¦
But in the spirit of having not used the same initial twice so farā€¦ Definitely worth considering keeping that theme or just for the twins to match initialsā€¦

Wow :flushed: congrats to you!
You are one rockstar mama.

I love [name_u]Beau[/name_u] and [name_u]Callum[/name_u].
As far as repeating initials- you havenā€™t done it yetā€¦ donā€™t start now! Itā€™s really not a big deal either way but I do love the idea of all 8 having their own initial!

Good luck

I like [name_u]Callum[/name_u] & [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] best from your list.

Eight boys under 10?! Wow! Congrats mama! That is quite a surprise. [name_f]My[/name_f] grandfather grew up as the oldest of 8 boys. I remember hearing a storyā€¦ right after dinner, they were all still at the table, their mother would get a loaf of bread and make pb&j sandwiches for them all, cause they were always hungry!

Your boys have great names. They had an [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] too! And a [name_m]Marcus[/name_m]. Maybe it will help u, their names were: [name_u]Roy[/name_u] [name_u]Vernon[/name_u], [name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u], [name_m]Hartwell[/name_m] [name_m]Irving[/name_m], [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Harold[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_m]Paul[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m], [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m].

2 Likes

Hi all,
Thanks for the lovely replies again, they are so very helpful! Weā€™ve been trying very hard to narrow things down and we have come up with a few name sets that weā€™d love your opinion on.

Duncan & [name_m]Julius[/name_m] - instead of [name_u]Julian[/name_u], we didnā€™t like the -an -an ending
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] & [name_m]Louis[/name_m] - [name_u]Gus[/name_u] and [name_u]Lou[/name_u] would be cute?
[name_u]Auden[/name_u] & [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u] - we love these names, but theyā€™re quite uncommon compared to the other boysā€™ names, not sure whether we care about that though
[name_u]August[/name_u] & [name_m]Julius[/name_m] - we like that these both have two uā€™s, but the reference to [name_m]Julius[/name_m] [name_m]Caesar[/name_m] might be too much haha
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] & [name_u]Julian[/name_u] - we like this, but we donā€™t really like that fact that weā€™re repeating the A initial, while adding J as a new initial (same goes for the previous combo), I know, weā€™re super nitpicky
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] & [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] - we like [name_m]Augustin[/name_m] better, but we already have [name_u]Quentin[/name_u] ending in -tin
[name_u]August[/name_u] & [name_m]Louis[/name_m] - we like the simplicity of this

So, when looking at this overall, I think weā€™re going to repeat the A and L initials. Given the fact that we have bestowed 6 little brothers upon [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], we think theyā€™ve earned that honour haha. Weā€™ve also been thinking about giving the twins two middle names, so we can repeat all initials.

Weā€™d love your opinions on our thoughts.

Thanks so much again,

TDay

5 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to:
[name_u]August[/name_u] & [name_m]Julius[/name_m] :heart_eyes:
[name_u]August[/name_u] & [name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] & [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
:slight_smile:

Congratulations! I love [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] and [name_u]Julian[/name_u] as twin names. For middle names, since you are out of family names, have you thought of literary names, character names, or any other meaningful names to use? I love a meaningful middle!

My vote is definitely for [name_u]Julian[/name_u] & [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] or [name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_m]Marcus[/name_m]! I think these match the style and feel of your overall sibset the best and I like both equally! So it depends on what vibe youā€™re going for: [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] makes a great alliterative brother for [name_u]Julian[/name_u] and has a biblical touch, while [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] is a little more modern and ties in well with [name_u]Quentin[/name_u].

Some suggestions:
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] & [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] & [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] & [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] & [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] & [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

Julian [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] & [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] & [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] & [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Nathanial[/name_m] & [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]

I really like [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] & [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u], [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] & [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] & [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m], and [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] & [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. Best of luck naming!

I LOVE [name_u]Auden[/name_u] & [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u]!

Auden [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] & [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] make a nice pair.

1 Like

Oh myā€¦ 8 boys! [name_m]Major[/name_m] kudos and congratulations to you, Mama!

From your updated list, my favourite pairs are:

Atticus & [name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] & [name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] & [name_m]Louis[/name_m] ([name_u]Gus[/name_u] and [name_u]Lou[/name_u] :heart_eyes:)

1 Like

Oh wow! Congratulations!

I love [name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] together.

Repeating initials is totally fine imo!
As long as they arent similar namesā€¦for example; I think naming your twins [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] & [name_m]Abram[/name_m] might be a bit close!! Where as [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] & [name_m]Alastair[/name_m] are very different!

Julian and [name_m]Marcus[/name_m]!! Those are such standouts from your original list.

Power to you with the 8 boys. We have friends with oodles of boys, and those are the best families around!

I think the idea of repeating all initials and with A & L for first initials is very clever.
I think [name_m]Audun[/name_m] & [name_m]Louis[/name_m] or [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] I like together maybe, I would pick [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] but I kind of like the symmetry of both having a 2 syllable nameā€¦ But you have lots of excellent choices!

I like [name_u]August[/name_u] & [name_m]Louis[/name_m] for the twins but I think [name_m]Louis[/name_m] is too close to [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] to use for a sibling. I think I would choose [name_m]Duncan[/name_m] & [name_m]Julius[/name_m].

Oh Iā€™d forgotten about that,I have to agree ā€¦ Maybe thereā€™s another L name out there that works for you?

What about [name_u]August[/name_u] (which is perfect being 2 syllables and having a different ending from your others and shares initial with big brotherā€¦) &
[name_u]Murray[/name_u]
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_u]Laurie[/name_u]
ā€¦

I think repeating initials is a very sweet idea. I agree with some others that [name_m]Louis[/name_m] is maybe too similar to [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] ā€“ if youā€™re calling one, the other might come running!
I think [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_m]Julius[/name_m] might be a little much ā€“ they are both month names and both [name_m]Roman[/name_m] emperor namesakes
I like all of the name choices, though!
I also love the match [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] and [name_u]Callum[/name_u] from your original list ā€“ lots of similar letters without a super obvious match.

Maybe [name_m]Luther[/name_m] for an L name?

Possible middles:
[name_m]Anthony[/name_m], [name_u]Jameson[/name_u], [name_u]Montgomery[/name_u], [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m], [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m],

Middles starting with other childrenā€™s initials ā€“
[name_m]Harold[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m]
Elliottt
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_m]Quigley[/name_m]
[name_u]Quincy[/name_u]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Stephen[/name_m]