One or more? How many kids do you want to have? :)

Ideally 4, two boys and two girls. But I know you can’t plan genders like that so I’ll hopefully be having 2, whatever genders happen to come up. I plan on raising my kids fairly (not completely) gender neutral anyway.
I think 2 is a good number for me because that way you have one kid to replace each parent & they can keep each other company & I have 2 hands to hold theirs while we cross the street and such. Hopefully it will work out, it worked out well for me & my sister growing up but not as well for some other siblings we knew. All I know is I definitely don’t want 1 or 3 just because I feel like one child in that equation might be lonely.

Caracakes Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think anymore then 3 for me would be enough, i think ill probably just have two though. x Best Infant Car Seats

Four ? is that too crazy ??
[name_m]Ive[/name_m] known families with a ‘larger’ number of kids and I think it’s perfect. Realistically 3 but if i have my way, more.

I’ve always wanted 2 kids, with a maximum amount of 3. I think 2 is the perfect amount because there will be 2 parents.

I started off wanting 4, but morning sickness kicked my arse this pregnancy and it is soooo stressful that I don’t think I could go through it 4 times lol. Maybe 2, or even 3, but not 4. I’d like at least one of each and if next baby is a girl I’ll stop.

I used to say 4-5, but after being in the workforce for some time and seeing how expensive babies can be, I think 2-3 would be more manageable. Hopefully two girls and a boy!

In an ideal world - 4. I’ve always thought bigger families were a wonderful thing. More realistically, I’d love 3, but I’ll settle for 2, as I feel like 2 just makes the most sense. Ideally, at least one girl.

1. I have 2 children currently, and we plan to have 1 more, likely ttc sometime after [name_f]September[/name_f] of this year. I have 1 sibling and my SO has 3 siblings. We both agreed we would want more than 1 child as we loved having sibling(s) growing up.

Oldest of six here and I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] it. It’s so much fun! I always say 4 at the minimum. I’d love more!

1 Like

I am an only child so when I was younger I always pictured having a family of 10+ but as I grew older, I quickly realized that it wouldn’t be as easy as in my dreams. Then, I wanted 2 to 4. After discussing about it to my husband (he has 5 siblings so he always wanted to have a big family too), we said from 4 to 6, depending on what will happen, since we can’t predict anything. I currently have 3 and TTC for #4, I know I’m not ready to stop after our fourth so we’ll see what the future has in store for us. (6 is now our goal)

[name_f]My[/name_f] best friend does the same thing! She’ll say “You’re totally gonna have like 10 kids!” In reality, I’d love two to four in the future!

I’d quite like 3 or 4

1 Like

I honestly swing back and forth between wanting no kids and 5 kids. Usually my number is either 3, 4, or 5. [name_f]My[/name_f] dream is to be like Marmie in [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women :smile: She’s an awesome mom! Sometimes only one or two sounds nicer, though. Especially when I was working (I’m a nanny) :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve had 2 children, 1 living and pregnant with my third. The intention was to only ever have 1 but when our son was 2, we started talking about having another sibling for him, so I’m almost 19 weeks now. This baby will be our last.

I wanted a LOT of children when I was growing up. I just dreamed of being a mommy to several children.

Fast forward to real life…
I decided on 2 or 4 kids. I grew up in a family with 3 kids and it seemed like someone was always left out. I didn’t want an only child because I like having siblings. And I felt I couldn’t manage to care for more than four. I never liked the older kids caring for the younger kids thing. Plus, Kids are expensive!

As it happened, I had two very close together and decided I didn’t have the energy or the health to have more. If my health was better, I would have had four.

We have six children, soon to be seven.

A big family wasn’t our plan from the very beginning. We’ve really taken it one child at a time. We sort of imagined there would be more than one, mostly because we’ve always valued our brothers and sisters, and wanted to mimic that for our children. Other than that vague notion, a number has never been clear to us.

It probably makes us sound foolish, but a lot about us and parenthood wasn’t planned or foreseen. Our fourth little one came to us via adoption, which we didn’t actively seek. It was a kinship adoption after a brief stint as his foster parents. For some reason, relatives and friends thought that after our fourth boy, we would be done, but I insisted on trying for a girl and ended up having twins. Once more people asked if after getting two girls, amounting to six children I was done, and here we are happily expecting.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I do think we’ll get a feeling or a moment when we both say “we’re complete” and close the production line. I hope I’m not wrong!

3 Likes

In like a primal, ovaries screaming way, I want 10. and when my kids are adults, or when I have grandkids, I think it would be SO much fun to have a huge family. but I think I would go crazy with more than two!! and being able to financially support them as much as possible would definitely be a benefit to not having more. I’m not set in stone on the number though. I might stop at 1 or I might have 4. time will tell!

I have two at the moment. I would like at least one more in the future.

Ideally I would love 4 but I think that would be too much for our current house and living standards. DH says we should keep going until we have a girl :laughing:

Being an only child and not liking that, I’ve always wanted a big family. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is an only child and felt the same. I have one almost 4 year old son and am pregnant with #2 due [name_u]January[/name_u]. This pregnancy has been very challenging in contrast to my first pregnancy that I sailed though with ease. This definitely has me rethinking the big family. After #2 is here, I think we will reevaluate our plan. Maybe 2 or 3 instead of 4 or 5. We also conceived first try with my first and it took us 4 months of ttc for this pregnancy, so that is also a factor. I am happy with our age gap thus far. [name_f]My[/name_f] son will be 4yrs 3mo when baby comes and feel he will be able to be helpful. He’s already been helping since I wasn’t feeling well in the 1st trimester.

I want 1 child and I will adopt in the future.