Opinions on names for my baby girl :)

[name]Hi[/name]! I’m expecting a little girl in [name]May[/name] and am so excited. She is our second, we have an almost-three-year-old boy, JJ.

Anywho…
I have been researching names for the past 5 months or so and have come to the point where nothing seems fresh anymore!!! My husband and I have somewhat agreed on the following names. I’m pretty set on the first names, but would still love any new suggestions/ comments. I want her name to be unique and beautiful.

First names:

Harlinn
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name]

Middle Names

[name]Emmerson[/name]
[name]Lillia[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Everly[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Evie[/name]

Which do you think sound best together, or do you have any other suggestions? All opinions are welcome!

Thanks so much!!

Oh, I love [name]Calla[/name] so much. [name]Kaia[/name] feels a little more trendy to me, but it’s a nice, energetic name. I would spell the first name [name]Harlan[/name], but that one is my least favorite of the three (but I do like [name]Harper[/name] quite a bit, it seems better suited for a little girl).

I also love some of your middle names as firsts ([name]Alice[/name], [name]Piper[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Noelle[/name], [name]Evie[/name] if it’s a nn for [name]Evelyn[/name] or [name]Evangeline[/name]). As for combos with [name]Calla[/name], I think [name]Calla[/name] [name]Emerson[/name] (I’m not sure you need the second “M”, unless it’s a family name?) works best sound-wise, because it doesn’t have an “L” sound like many of the others. I’m not sure it works stylistically though. What about…

[name]Calla[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Frances[/name] (love this, not sure if [name]Frances[/name] is your style though)

[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] (cute, lots of energy)
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Emerson[/name]

[name]Harlan[/name] [name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Harlan[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Harper[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] (love!)
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Everly[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Emerson[/name]

[name]Piper[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] (love this! same feel as [name]Harper[/name] [name]Noelle[/name])
[name]Piper[/name] [name]Elodie[/name]

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (pretty and girly but not frilly)

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name] (so classy!)
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]

Other names you might like:
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]India[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Leila[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]

Congrats and good luck!

[name]Calla[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Calla[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] are both beautiful but [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] is my favorite. I think you cant go wrong with [name]Calla[/name] or [name]Kaia[/name] and I think [name]Noelle[/name] is a perfect middle (or even first) name :slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies ladies!!!

I like [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Noelle[/name], [name]Piper[/name] [name]Elodie[/name], [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Emerson[/name]

I think [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] is nice, it is one I have considered for a while, and it seems to be just about everyones favorite. However, I’m concerned that it sounds too cutesy? I’m also concerned that [name]Noelle[/name] is becoming the next [name]Nicole[/name] in terms of middle names ?? I don’t want her name to be too trendy or common, I want it to be different and refreshing. What do you think?

I’ve thought about [name]Harper[/name], too. I just don’t love it. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Piper[/name] as a first name is too trendy??

Harlinn/ [name]Harlan[/name] are both surnames, [name]Harlan[/name] is usually a man’s name. I’ve never known anyone to use Harlinn as a first name. [name]IMO[/name] it looks more feminine than the other. What do you think of Harlinn [name]Emery[/name]? That was my favorite, but does it sound too masculine?

[name]Evangeline[/name] is a nice, classic name. I wouldn’t name my child this though. I see her being teased in middle school for a name like that, as well as [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Frances[/name]. I know a [name]Frances[/name] and she hates her name, she goes by her maiden name nn “[name]Scottie[/name]”.

Any other middle name suggestions for [name]Calla[/name] or Harlinn? Thanks again!!!

Harlinn: I’m not a fan of [name]Harlen[/name]/Harlinn/[name]Harlynn[/name] for a little girl. :frowning: I understand you like the name’s sound, but trendy/misspelled names will guarantee your daughter a lifetime of having to correct spelling (“No, it’s H-a-r-l-i-n-n, not H-a-r-l-en!”), and aren’t unique. The “-inn” ending doesn’t make [name]Harlen[/name], a man’s name, more feminine, but does make it look trendy and mispelled.

[name]Calla[/name]: I think [name]Calla[/name] is a stunning name! [name]Calla[/name] gets my vote! :slight_smile:

[name]Calla[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] (although it may be too flowery!)
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] (Pretty!)
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] (I love this!)
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Viviana[/name]

[name]Kaia[/name]: [name]Kaia[/name] is a pretty name, but too trendy for my tastes. If you want a unique name for your little girl, I’d definitely stay away from trendy names.

[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Marin[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name] [name]Simone[/name]

[name]Emmerson[/name]: [name]Emerson[/name] (one M) is too trendy for my taste.
[name]Lillia[/name]: A beautiful name…
[name]Alice[/name]: I love [name]Alice[/name]!
[name]Piper[/name]: Not a fan of [name]Piper[/name] (too trendy…)
[name]Elodie[/name]: A lovely name!
[name]Ellery[/name]: I like [name]Ellery[/name]…
[name]Emery[/name]: Not a fan, as it reminds me of an emery board…
[name]Clover[/name]: Very cute!
[name]Lydia[/name]: I love, love [name]Lydia[/name]!
[name]Eliana[/name]: Very pretty…
[name]Everly[/name]: Not a fan of [name]Everly[/name] (trendy…)
[name]Noelle[/name]: Pretty…
[name]Evie[/name]: I love [name]Evie[/name], but only as a nickname. [name]Eve[/name], [name]Eva[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name], or [name]Genevieve[/name] would be lovely, though.

I love so many of your middle names, and would love to see them as first names. [name]Calla[/name] is beautiful, though! :slight_smile:

Other names you may like:

[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Arden[/name] (instead of [name]Harlen[/name])
[name]Auden[/name] (instead of [name]Harlen[/name])
[name]Avalon[/name] (instead of [name]Harlen[/name])
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] (ez-may)
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Estella[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name] (instead of [name]Harlen[/name])
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Karenna[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Marissa[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

[name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Frances[/name], and [name]Evangeline[/name] are timeless and widely used, and wouldn’t be a source of teasing. They’re lovely, elegant, classic names (and more common than you realize!) and are always in style. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Thanks [name]Jill[/name]! I really appreciate your suggestions, some are very nice :slight_smile:

Harlinn is not mispelled, it is a family surname. Harlinn may sound trendy, I guess, but I don’t believe it is??

[name]Just[/name] curious- why do you suggest [name]Hadley[/name] in place of Harlinn- [name]Hadley[/name] is very trendy don’t you think?

I’m still totally open for suggestions for first and middle names :slight_smile: I really like more earthy sounding names. But I definitely do not want trendy. [name]Kaia[/name], [name]Piper[/name], ad [name]Emerson[/name] are out of the question now…lol. I’ve also always liked a hint of masculinity in a girls name (but not too much)…[name]Just[/name] FYI one of my favorite names is [name]Bryony[/name], but sadly my husband refuses it :frowning:

I’ve been thinking of using my great grandpa’s middle name as hers…Chamblis, any opinions? I’ve always thought it was a nice name (as I still do, Harlinn :slight_smile: If I did this I thought Blis might be a cute nickname…

Also, do you think [name]Reeve[/name] is too masculine for a girl? What about [name]Rowan[/name] (too trendy??) [name]How[/name] about [name]Harmon[/name]??? [name]Orchid[/name]??? ([name]Just[/name] a few I haven’t scratched off the list yet)

[name]Clover[/name] is one of my favorites…any suggestions for middle names???

Thanks everyone!

By the way are you on Babyhold, too? Those seems to be the same names everyone is suggesting. I guess the vintage/classics are making a comeback??? Good!

By the way thought it might help to know my last name is one syllable…

Sorry about that! It was a yooneek name false alarm. :slight_smile: I didn’t realize that Harlinn is a family surname, and thought it was an intentional misspelling of [name]Harlen[/name] (you know, like [name]Caylee[/name], [name]Hayleigh[/name], Ashlinn, etc.), which is why I suggested [name]Hadley[/name] as a trendy alternative. :slight_smile:

Although Harlinn is a family name, it really looks like a random last name you picked, having changed its ending to make it look more feminine. Any last name as a first name, when used on a girl, is indeed trendy, even if the name has meaning for you. That said, if you like last names first, you should use one!

It’s too bad that your husband doesn’t like [name]Bryony[/name], but you’ll find a name you both love!

Chamblis has a lovely sound, but because of the whole last names first trend, I’d stay away from it as a first name (but that’s just me!). What about Chamblis as a middle name? (I keep wanting to add an extra s for some reason!)

For me, [name]Reeve[/name] is too masculine for a little girl (and I only think of [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Reeve[/name], AKA Superman), and it’s also very trendy. If you love trendy names, though, and don’t mind that they’re trendy, you should use one that you really love. [name]Reese[/name] is more feminine than [name]Reeve[/name], but even [name]Reese[/name] is actually [name]Reese[/name] Witherspoon’s middle name. Have you considered a classic/vintage first name with a trendy middle name?

[name]Harmon[/name] is also too masculine and trendy for a girl (same reasons as above), but if you like those kind of names, go for it.

[name]Rowan[/name], on the otherhand, isn’t trendy, and is a lovely name for a little girl. :slight_smile: [name]Orchid[/name] is definitely a girls’ name, but just not my style. I wouldn’t mind seeing it as a middle name, though!

[name]Clover[/name] is a great name, by the way!

[name]Clover[/name] Chamblis
[name]Clover[/name] Harlinn
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Esme[/name]
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Willa[/name]
[name]Clover[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]

Some more ideas:
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Danika[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name] (jem-ma)
[name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Gaia[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]

P.S. No, I’m not on Babyhold, but I’m guessing it’s a naming site? Nameberry is the only name site for me! :slight_smile:

No need to be sorry, just a little misunderstanding :slight_smile:

First, I ask you to open your mind and consider my humble opinion :slight_smile:

I now understand your point of view regarding trendy names. You consider last names for girls and boy’s names for girls to be trendy. I agree those can be trendy. I define TRENDY as a name that popped onto the charts out of nowhere or after a long period of not being used. In fact, [name]IMO[/name] many of the classic names that you may consider superior, are in fact , trendy. You may or may not realize this.

I know many little [name]Francis[/name]’/[name]Frances[/name]’, Colettes, [name]Mary[/name] Katherines (as an undergrad, I worked at an upper-mid class mommy’s day out, the children’s names were very “classy” :wink: I wouldn’t choose these for my children, because I personally dont like them. I know adults with the names who hate them and some who have changed their given names because of them :(. I do not want this for my daughter. I’m not saying there aren’t [name]Frances[/name]’ that love their name, I would just rather be safe than sorry. My number one consideration when naming a child is this: I ask myself "would I have liked this name for myself as a child, teen, adult " :wink:

Surnames first- If you notice this trend is formed by the media. Most of the trendy “surnames first” are those of very famous people (presidents, classic stars, authors), movie or television show characters, or celebrity’s baby names. Also many, many “first names” used today came from surnames originally. This is not a new trend, [name]Ashley[/name], [name]Maribel[/name], [name]Lindsay[/name]…etc.

Boys names for girls- where do you think [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Frances[/name], [name]Leona[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], etc came from…a long time ago someone decided to start a “trend” of turning a boys name into a girls name :slight_smile:

I’m not quick to rule out a name because it is a “trend”, everything is a trend. I remain open minded to all names and judge based on my own style and popularity of the name. Some classics are timeless and beautiful but i don’t prefer them personally for my daughter for different reasons. Some are too common -[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Mary[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Katherine[/name]- obviously all beautiful names and (who wouldn’t want to be named after a queen :). Some classic names I just don’t like, some sound “stuffy” to me, and some my husband refused ( he is very picky…lol).

Name trends that seem to be most popular in my neck of the woods…hehe:

Made up names: [name]Jayden[/name], [name]Kylie[/name], [name]Kaylee[/name], [name]Jayla[/name] (basically lees, las, and dens) these are personally my least favorite name trend

Returning classics: (popped back on the charts after decades of not being used) [name]Ava[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Willow[/name], [name]Annabelle[/name] (one of my favorites, as i am a huge [name]Poe[/name] fan), [name]Vivienne[/name] (thanks to Brangelina), [name]Alice[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Lily[/name].

New classics- (people stuck in the 80’s…lol) [name]Kristen[/name] (my name, which i do love), [name]Haley[/name], [name]Nicole[/name], [name]Lindsay[/name], [name]Alyssa[/name], [name]Tiffany[/name], [name]Noelle[/name]…you get the point

[name]Favorite[/name] in other countries (Irish, French, British) - [name]Colette[/name], [name]Chloe[/name], [name]Noelle[/name], [name]Simone[/name], [name]Elise[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name] (all beauties)

Vintage: (these sound cool, are somewhat timeless, but still trendy because they have been around a long while and are gaining recognition fast) [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Astrid[/name], [name]Aurelia[/name], [name]Liliana[/name], [name]Eden[/name].

Surnames: [name]Kennedy[/name], [name]Madison[/name] (became popular for girls out of nowhere in the 90’s, (not so) coincidentally right after [name]Darryl[/name] [name]Hanna[/name]'s mermaid character on Splash named herself after [name]Madison[/name] [name]Ave[/name].), [name]Emerson[/name] (desperate house wives), [name]Monroe[/name], [name]Presley[/name], [name]Reagan[/name], [name]Rowan[/name] (the first name of a magical nymph-like creature on a 90’s movie,The [name]Secret[/name] of [name]Rowen[/name] Innish (sp?)), [name]Harlow[/name] (star baby).

[name]Rowan[/name] is a surname-which by your definition is trendy for a girl.

Names from popular series/ movies/ books: [name]Esme[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Isla[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Piper[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], (most of these are from the series Twilight, which i have not read but have noticed these names popping up EVERYWHERE) This is one of my favorite trends, as i love all these names, but my husband will not go for any of these, except [name]Alice[/name] (his grandmother’s name) and [name]Piper[/name].

Nature names: [name]Willow[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Sage[/name], [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Wren[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Ivy[/name] (i likethese too)

Uniques names: [name]Jazmine[/name], Melaea, [name]Kaia[/name], [name]Luna[/name], [name]Nova[/name], [name]Neveah[/name]

My overall point is that just about every name out there fits into some type of trend these days…because people have become very liberal in the naming of children. It would be very difficult (impossible) to stay away from trends all together. I personally prefer nature themes, vintage names and surnames/ masculine names to any other trends. And I believe as long as I try stay out of the top 500 or so, the name I choose will be a nice refreshing name that not too many have heard or considered. (I also try to remember that most people are not name connoisseurs such as ourselves :wink:

For all these reasons I like Chamblis, Harlinn, [name]Reeve[/name], etc. you may think they are trendy because they are surnames, but I think some of your names are trendy because they are classic/vintage comebacks…we can choose to see it as win/ win or lose/ lose…LOL i like to think positively, [name]WIN[/name]/[name]WIN[/name]!!

I’m not trying to be trendy by using a surname for her first name. I just want a name most people haven’t heard of. Names like that stand out. It all comes down to personal preference i guess! I just want an uncommon name, I’m soooo tired of seeing the same old names everywhere!! I’m sure you agree :slight_smile:

WOW- sorry for the spill. I like to make my point known…haha. I really appreciate your input!!! I am seriously reconsidering a lot of my choices because of the info you have given me. I’m just trying to remain open minded to all names (except the uber-common) Also, I do love the suggestion you gave of [name]Auden[/name], it is one I have not thought of and have not passed by the hubby yet…wish me luck :wink:

I love [name]Beatrix[/name], too! I fell in love with the name [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] after reading a biography of [name]Marie[/name] [name]Antoinette[/name], it was a name she gave one of her daughters (that passed) Beautiful! But Hubby wont have it.

I also love literary names: [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name], and [name]Imogen[/name] are my favorite Shakespearean names. My husband dislikes those, too. I guess I must honor his opinion in my choice…lol.

Whew! I love reading everybody’s ideas and had to add mine :wink: My favorites (for what is is worth) of your list are Harlinn, Chamblis and [name]Calla[/name] (for me, names with meaning are the most importatant, you have some great family names to pick from, and [name]Calla[/name] is just pretty). I think that if you go with Harlinn, sure, she’ll have to tell people how to spell it, but probably just once. For some random reason I think that a little girl with the name/nn [name]Harley[/name] is cute. I like Chamblis for the nn [name]Bliss[/name] - too cute.
Harlinn [name]Bliss[/name]
Harlinn Chamblis
Harlinn [name]Lydia[/name]
Harlinn [name]Faith[/name]
Harlinn [name]Julia[/name]
Harlinn [name]Bella[/name]
Harlinn [name]Jane[/name]
Harlinn [name]Emery[/name] isn’t my fav I like both names seperate better
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Emery[/name]?
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] sounds very pretty to me, and I haven’t heard of many people using [name]Noelle[/name], and hey even if they have, it is still pretty. Or what about [name]Calla[/name] [name]May[/name] for her due date?

Anyway, hope this helps!

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to read the novel that this post has become…lol. I tend to get a little wordy ; )

I like Harlinn Chamblis, Harlinn [name]Lydia[/name], and [name]Calla[/name] [name]May[/name]!! I think a little girl named Harlinn will leave an impression on a person. It may sound manly at first to some, but the person makes the name, don’t you agree? I know ladies named [name]Stevie[/name], [name]Scottie[/name], and [name]Regi[/name] and those names have transformed into adorably feminine names in my mind because of the people who had them :slight_smile:

You suggested [name]May[/name] because of her birth month, I wanted to use [name]Lily[/name] somehow because it is the “flower” of [name]May[/name] :slight_smile: There are quite a few little Lilys at our church though :frowning:

I think the spelling thing will be an issue with just about any name, especially by the time she is in school with classes full of girls named [name]Madyson[/name], [name]Madison[/name], [name]Madisyn[/name], [name]Kaylee[/name], [name]Caylee[/name], [name]Kylee[/name]…lol!!!

I’ve seen many complaint of [name]Calla[/name] being mispelled and mispronounced…and that’s one name I wouldn’t expect to have that problem with! I guess you never know!!

Thanks!!!

[name]Hi[/name] there. Whoa. Tone can’t be heard in an e-mail, and if you could have heard my voice, you would have heard a very kind, gentle tone. No nastiness. :slight_smile: As for trendy versus non-trendy names, I don’t decide what’s trendy versus not trendy; I’m simply delivering the message. As such, I don’t consider last names as first names trendy; they ARE trendy, and my opinion has nothing to do with this. [name]Don[/name]'t shoot the messenger. :slight_smile:

Perhaps you’d enjoy reading some of [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name]'s books on names, as I didn’t make this stuff up!

[name]Rowan[/name], if you look it up on this site, has been used throughout history as a first name for girls, which is why I suggested it. I also suggested it because I spent a lot of time thinking of names you may like (and [name]Rowan[/name] fit), regardless of if they were my style or not. You said you liked masculine names on girls, and I thought [name]Rowan[/name] would be a good choice for you.

As for names like [name]Haley[/name] and [name]Tiffany[/name], they will never be considered classics, as classic names have been used since the beginning of time, which is what makes them classics. Classic names have a history, a rich meaning, staying power, etc. One again, this is not my opinion. It’s a fact. [name]Haley[/name] and [name]Tiffany[/name], along with [name]Chelsea[/name] and the like, are trendy names that have fallen out of favor. If they’re ever revived, they will simply be trendy names being revived.

Likewise, a classic/vintage name will never be trendy. They are never dated. [name]Elizabeth[/name], for example, can never be categorized as “1980’s.” Granted, some classics may become more popular than others at certain times, making them feel trendy, but they will always be classic names with regard to their classification. Once again, this isn’t my opinion. I’m simply relaying the information. :slight_smile: I didn’t make this up!

You stated you wanted a unique name for your child, and I was letting you know that trendy names aren’t unique. I thought you’d want to know that last names as first names are trendy, because it’s something about which I’d want to be informed.

If you love last names as first names, or masculine names as first names, you should use them! You did, however, come to a name board asking for opinions. This, in addition to your desire to have a unique name, led me to write what I did. As I said, tone is lost when typing, and if you could have heard me speaking my words, you would have heard a kind, gentle voice.

[name]Do[/name] I prefer classic and vintage names to trendy ones? Yes, I do. This is your baby, of course, and you need to pick the name that’s right for you. I’ve loved classic names since childhood, and I’m not alone. You love other types of names, and that’s great, too. I apologize for having upset you, as that wasn’t my intention.

My post was made in the nicest way imaginable, I have no idea what you mean thinking you have upset me. I take your opinion as I have everyone elses. I understand that a lot of people are very closed minded about their preferences, you should meet my father…lol!

I’m just relaying information as well. I didn’t make this stuff up either. There are other authors who have written books on names as well, plenty of literature out there. It is all a matter of opinion ,actually. Yes Vintage/ classic names can be trendy…Look at name TRENDS…hence the word. It is plain to see when a name has hit a spike in a time period. Look at trend charts :0 You are silly!

Please don’t call me silly. I am a kind person who was simply trying to help you. By calling me silly, you’re not only criticizing me, but every other person for whom names and their classifications are a hobby.

A trend (which names are in favor at a given time) has nothing to do with the classification of a name. [name]Ava[/name], for example, while very popular now, is still a classic name (because of its history), and always will be. The same goes for [name]Hannah[/name]. It’s a classic. It may feel trendy due to its popularity, but it isn’t trendy in and of itself.

I’m not here to argue, and was only trying to help.

[name]Jill[/name]- Didn’t mean to offend you.I like some classic names, I just don’t think that classics are the only names that are good names. And some are too popular for my taste- and old timey names coming back into style is a trend ----a trend that comes and goes with the decades. Check out some other sights, other books, maybe? These names like [name]Aurelia[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Liliana[/name], [name]Esme[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Frances[/name], [name]Annabelle[/name]… are on the rise…whether you call that a trend or not is your opinion. It doesn’t matter anyway, because those names just don’t sound like my daughter. I look at it this way, I don’t know any one my age named [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Liliana[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Annabelle[/name]…however I do know many older women and many, many babies/ young children with the names…gives them a dated feel don’t you think??? You can follow the words of one or two authors, I prefer to take information from many sources and form my own opinions ; )

Lets get back to the thread about my future daughter’s name, so I’ve been thinking…I really just want a name that is relaxed, fresh, not been used much before. I know a couple who named their twins [name]Beau[/name] (b) and [name]Banks[/name] (g), (gasp a surname), those names hit me like an ocean breeze, they are so nice and natural. [name]Don[/name]‘t sound trendy, I’'d love a name like [name]Banks[/name] for my daughter!! I doubt I’ll ever meet another female [name]Banks[/name] in my life :slight_smile: Any ideas similar.

As for the other names on my list, I’m so confused about what is what, I don’t even know what to do!! I’ve gone through every name in every book and website and those were the few I liked that my husband agreed on. As for my family names, I loved Harlinn and Chamblis, but now I am doubting them. They sounded so sweet and shocking to me, now they are jaded. Lordy, she will be here in less than 10 weeks and I’m totally stressing out now!!!

I need new suggestions!! Please, Please, Pretty Please!! Thanks in advance!

Some other thoughts…

[name]Clover[/name] doesn’t seem like a name that would age well [name]IMO[/name], what do you think?

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Rome[/name]/ [name]Lillia[/name] [name]Rome[/name] / [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Rome[/name] - (with a nickname “[name]Romy[/name]”) - which sounds best?

[name]Do[/name] you all have any suggestions of names for which [name]Lux[/name] or [name]Calla[/name] can be a nickname??? I’ve been on a site where people surveyed their own names and [name]Calla[/name] was one of the least liked among people with the name (of names that I searched). I don’t care for [name]Calista[/name], though. Any ideas?

I really like [name]Lila[/name], is it becoming too popular? What would be a perfect middle?

K: [name]Clover[/name] doesn’t seem like a name that would age well [name]IMO[/name], what do you think?
S: A lovely, classic name!

K: [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Rome[/name]/ [name]Lillia[/name] [name]Rome[/name] / [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Rome[/name] - (with a nickname “[name]Romy[/name]”) - which sounds best?
S: [name]LILLIANNA[/name] [name]ROME[/name] - so elegant!
[name]LILLIKA[/name] [name]ROME[/name] - [name]Lillika[/name] is a lovely form of [name]Lily[/name]. You can look it up on “check out a name”.

K: [name]Do[/name] you all have any suggestions of names for which [name]Lux[/name] or [name]Calla[/name] can be a nickname??? I’ve been on a site where people surveyed their own names and [name]Calla[/name] was one of the least liked among people with the name (of names that I searched). I don’t care for [name]Calista[/name], though. Any ideas?

[name]CALLIOPE[/name]
[name]CALYPSO[/name]
LUXOR

I really like [name]Lila[/name], is it becoming too popular? What would be a perfect middle?

[name]LILA[/name] [name]ROSE[/name]
[name]LILA[/name] [name]GRACE[/name]

Thank you - I like [name]Calliope[/name] - it is a name that keeps catching my eye ; )

Someone suggested combing CallaRose…what do you think of that?
CallaRose [name]Lydia[/name]???

I feel like [name]Lila[/name] would go better with a longer middle name (because it is only two syllables and my last name is [name]Hill[/name]…very short…lol)

CallaRose [name]Lydia[/name] is so gorgeous! [name]Love[/name] the way you combined [name]Calla[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]! So creative!

[name]LILA[/name] [name]MATILDA[/name] [name]HILL[/name]

CallaRose-- isn’t that neat, not just combining two names but two flowers as well!

longer middle names:

[name]Lila[/name] [name]Amalya[/name] [name]Hill[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Hill[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Hill[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Antonia[/name] [name]Hill[/name]

I also really like [name]Susan[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Lillika[/name]!

And I have to say, all my [name]Hayden[/name] relatives would object to your terming it a “made-up” name. :wink: