Our family of 3 will be a family of 6!

Alll those names are very pretty :slight_smile:

First off… I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Henry[/name]. [name]LOVE[/name] him!! It was almost one of those instantaneous loves that you have when you first hold your baby. I couldn’t believe I had this reaction, I really wanted to (to tell you the truth, I was a little scared that I wouldn’t) but it was so amazing meeting him. He melted into my arms when we met!

This morning one of our dogs was barking at the cabinet in the kitchen. [name]Non[/name] stop. [name]Dottie[/name] went in there to see what he was barking at. I hear a scream. I go in there… Dog still barking… I open the cabinet, out runs a mouse. I jump, scream, pull my back and we somehow run out of the room. At this point I can hardly move. I have never felt so paralyzed. We took a nap and thank goodness my husband and [name]Henry[/name] came home! [name]Dottie[/name] was so excited to tell her dad all about it and the boys got to “take care” of the girls by searching for mice. lol. So our first day with [name]Henry[/name] was 4 dogs barking nonstop, 1 cat, 2 boys all searching for mice, me unable to move and a little girl telling her dad not to hurt them.

Now both of my babies are asleep (:slight_smile: ) I can still barely move, but my husband is finally home. Life’s good.

No, we are nowhere hear LA at all. We have talked about therapy, but I think we want to see how he is adjusting first. I think we think he may think something is wrong with him if we take him somewhere like that.

[name]Susan[/name], I agree. I am usually a very independent person, who hates to ask for help, but I think I am going to need some support. I definitely felt it today when we found a mouse, I was unable to move and I still had to take care of things. I almost broke down, but was in so much pain that I couldn’t. I also remember how little sleep you get with a newborn, and now to think that I will have two newborns, a toddler and a 4 year old who will be needing a lot of support to adjust. Not to mention the dogs who I sometimes feel is also a full time job. I like to think that I can handle what comes at me… but in this case, I better bite my pride and ask for help. :-/

Oh, thank you so much for this update! :slight_smile: I’m so happy and relieved that everything is working out so well with you and [name]Henry[/name]! [name]How[/name] wonderful! :slight_smile:

A mouse? Ahhhh! Yeah, I’d totally be on top of a table, screaming. (Actually, something like that happened in the basement once, and I think I set a new world record in the 100m dash.)

I love it how [name]Henry[/name] and your husband took care of things. :slight_smile:

On the minus side, of course, I’m so sorry you hurt your back, and I hope it heals soon. :frowning:

I wish you a lifetime of wonderful days with your babies! :slight_smile:

So far, I think the sharing of a bedroom will work. But both kids were so exhausted (apparently [name]Henry[/name] didn’t sleep the entire drive) that they didnt question the bedroom arrangement and fell asleep within 10 minutes. So we will see what happens, but for right now, we really don’t have that many options. I’m glad that it worked out so well for your family!

We went ahead and gave him the “talk” about he can call us whatever he wants… B/K, Dad/Mom, etc. and he just nodded. He didnt call us either. He is still probably trying to figure out for himself what he wants to do.

We are in the US. He and my husband are from [name]Canada[/name]. So we are going to have to work both angles. My husband told me tonight, that he would take care of it figure out all the legalities of everything so it can be one less thing for me to worry about.

I think that both of our moms would probably be ok with sleeping on the couch/air mattress/ fold out. My mom is a trooper. She has sacrifised comfort for us kids many times growing up.

I forgot to write that it was so sweet of your daughter to tell your husband not to hurt the mouse. :slight_smile: So cute! :slight_smile:

Thanks [name]Jill[/name]! You are always so sweet! I think you and [name]Dottie[/name] would get along beautifully!

Awe, thanks. :slight_smile: The same goes for you. I can’t wait to have a little girl, and I hope she’s just like [name]Dottie[/name]!

I was thinking about you and your family today, and I’m sitting here with the biggest smile on my face, so happy that things went so well today. :slight_smile:

I am so happy for all of you! It’s great that as soon as [name]Henry[/name] came to his new house his help as a macho guy was needed. I bet that made him feel important and strong. So cute!
Give everybody hugs from all of us.