Our long-awaited boy...

It feels surreal to even be able to post in this section.

After 3.5 years of infertility, 2 miscarriages, an emotional rollercoaster, a complicated pregnancy, and a difficult delivery, Elim [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] arrived on [name_f]February[/name_f] 11th. He’s healthy and absolutely adorable, though I guess that’s what all mothers say lol. We are extremely thankful for our little boy and constantly have to ask ourselves if this is real life, because we never thought we’d really get this far!

Thank you to the NB community for helping us with his name! The name Elim is deeply personal to us, our journey to parenthood, and just our growth in terms of roots alone. We knew it was a bit out there but you guys gave us to courage to use what we loved (and others have loved or have grown to love his name, too!). [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] is more standard as a name but it ties both sides of our family together, honoring both my late grandfather ([name_m]Natalino[/name_m]) and my brother-in-law ([name_m]Nathan[/name_m]). [name_u]James[/name_u] is my husband’s middle name and, even though people constantly paint it as overdone, I’m thankful my little boy will always carry that little connection to his daddy.

Again, thank you all so much for the love and support over my years on this site. I will still stick around, though naming another child is definitely far from my mind right now…LOL! To the friends I’ve made on here who are also fighting for a little one to hold, my heart is still with you and I hope and pray your miracles come very soon <3 you are not forgotten and, even though that doesn’t solve your problems, it means that you are never invisible, which it can feel like sometimes.

26 Likes

Congratulations on your little miracle! Elim [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is a really cool name.

I’ve been waiting for this post!

A huge congratulations to you! I’m glad everything went well (enough!) and you’re all doing okay. It’s good to see you! His name is stunning, such a great balance of traditional and unusual, while being so personal to you. I’m so glad there is a happy result to your story. Best wishes going forward to you and your new family!

Ahhh, I’ve been waiting for this!!

I’m so happy for you that you finally have your baby, [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]! I’m very glad everything turned out okay in the end. His name is so perfect for him and your family. So many congratulations!

Congratulations!! I’m so so pleased for you and so happy to hear that your wondefully named baby n is healthy

Congratulations!

I too have been watching out for this announcement! Elim [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is a simply perfect name for your little miracle, I’m so happy to hear that he’s arrived safe and well. Thrilled for you [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f], and what beautiful words of solidarity and support. The Nameberry community is lucky to have you!

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to this mad world, Elim.

ETA: I thought you’d like to know that I’ve just added his name to the database :slight_smile:

1 Like

My name is Elim (i’m a girl) and when I saw that name in your signature, I was so excited to see it being used so I’ve been waiting as well. The combination is beautiful.

I’ve grown to love my name and be confident in it’s uniqueness. My parents named me after the Biblical place and I think have great naming tastes with me and my brother.

@[name_f]Katinka[/name_f], thanks for adding it for both genders haha. I’m not from the US but was born slightly before it showed up on those charts so I thought that was really cool. I’d be excited to see this name get some more use.

Congratulations! I’m so so pleased for you, I remember we were both struggling ttc around the same time (I ended up leaving my relationship), so it’s crazy and so wonderfully amazing to hear that you have your miracle :slight_smile: His name is simply perfect!

I’m so excited to see this announcement!! Congrats [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]! Sending you lots of love!

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you and your family after your long journey to get to little Elim! His name is so handsome and I love how meaningful it is for you.

Congratulations [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]!

I am so happy for you and to see this post. The name you chose is so elegant. [name_m]Just[/name_m] amazing!

I’m so happy to hear your news! Congratulations!! I love that his name has so much meaning. It is the perfect blend of unique and traditional. Wishing you all the best.

Congratulations, [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]! So glad to hear that he arrived healthy and I love his name. :slight_smile:

Congratulations! I love the name you picked out! [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] and [name_u]James[/name_u] are personal favorites of mine, and Elim is definitely going to stand it (in all the best ways).

What a beautiful post! I’m just so over the moon for you - congratulations!

Congratulations sweet girl!! So happy for you and your little family!!

Congratulations, and welcome to the world, Elim! You chose a lovely name. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. My mother lost several children due to miscarriages, and people that go through that are always near and dear to my heart. <3

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you! He has a wonderful name.

[name_f]Alyssa[/name_f], I am so thrilled for you! I remember sharing the TTC boards with you a couple years back, and I’m so pleased to hear that Elim’s arrived safe and sound.