Phoebe Marigold vs Phoebe Iris

lemon when you have a child I will be expecting big things in the naming department! I was dreaming away here and suddenly I thought of a nature name, actually a tree that may fit in with [name]Phoebe[/name] and it is (drum roll please!).

Oleander, combo of [name]Phoebe[/name] Oleander.

I read up on it and found out that it was sometimes called the roselaurel tree I think it has links to the [name]Laurel[/name] Tree and as you know the laurel leaves were woven into wreaths in ancient times to crown the victor of an event and I think to signify peace too.

I don’t think [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Laurel[/name] works but [name]Phoebe[/name] Oleander does. There is a downside that here in Australia people say that the sap and the leaves are poisonous but I have been around oleander trees and have never heard of anyone having a problem. Could it be a popular myth then?

So, I thought that I would put this unusual choice up there for grabs to see what you thought of it.

rollo

Edited for privacy.

Thanks saracita00 for the endorsement!!

rollo

I just became the tiebreaker in favor of [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] (really love it!) but I find I weighed in on the discussion very late! [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] is very nice too. Best wishes!

@rookachoo - Oh, really? You’re crushing on [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Juniper[/name]? Yes! I’m glad you love it! I think it’s really spunky. By the way, you have some fabulous names on your list. I just love [name]Clara[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Everett[/name], and [name]Rhys[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name]

Wow, all of you! [name]Rollo[/name], whenever I have a child I will surely alert the Berries - don’t you worry. [name]Phoebe[/name] Oleander is quite intriguing, I must say! [name]Laurel[/name] doesn’t work for me because it’s too close to my own first name, but Oleander. I need to do some more research there. I even think Oleander is passable for a boys’ middle name! Or am I crazy…? Ha. So, it appears that the oleander is one of the most toxic poisonous garden plants, but, yea. Where did you find this laurel relation?

@saracita00 - I would never use [name]Hera[/name]. Something about it sounds a little wicked to me. Weird…

@auroradawn - Yep, I dumped [name]Marigold[/name]. It just wasn’t me, but on anyone else I seem to love it. Odd! But, you seem to like [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Juniper[/name], too, so that’s a plus. :wink:

Thanks! I might be moving over to the [name]Baby[/name] Names Forum under my “[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Junia[/name]?” thread if I stop commenting here.

[name]Lemon[/name]

Firstly, I <3 LOVE Phoebe (My #1 fav name ATM)
Phoebe Juniper make Phoebe all quirky and modern, very appealing.
I did vote Iris from the original 2. I like the sound better. To be honest I like Phoebe Juniper better than Phoebe Iris.
Glad Marigold got the flick- it makes me think of the smell of Marigolds… not a nice smell IMHO.
I like the image of Marigold- all warm and orange glowish, but not the sound- does that make sense? anyway the image made me think of a new suggestion:
Phoebe Clementine it sounds so warm with the same orange glow (like Marigold) nicer smell (((LOL))) yet the sound is very different, it has a slight retro feel yet is still modern. WDYT??

@emiliaj - Thanks for the reply. I’m so happy you love [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Juniper[/name], and [name]Phoebe[/name] all on her own! Yes, marigolds do have an icky smell, unfortunately. [name]Clementine[/name] sounds really cute with [name]Phoebe[/name], but I just don’t know if she’s got the spirit I want, you know?

I just posted an epic reply - meaning, very long - on my thread in [name]Baby[/name] Names, so go check it out if you get a chance, Berries!

This is a very difficult decision! [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Iris[/name] sounds pretty and delicate where as [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] is spunky and fresh! I think I like [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] the best. Either way the names are both gorgeous!

I love names with so much meaning behind them! You can’t go wrong with either!

I can’t even begin to tell you how perfect both of these sound. But I’m going to have to go with [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Iris[/name], simply because [name]Iris[/name] is one of my all time favourites.

@oliviasarah - Thank you for your comments! [name]Do[/name] you happen to like [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] or [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Maple[/name]?

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Maple[/name] is very sweet [name]IMO[/name], so pretty! I think Oleander would be a very cool middle name for a boy. :slight_smile: