Pythagoras

A few weeks ago my SO and I were discussing middle names. He’s very interested in mathematics, whereas I’ve always hated it (but since I met my SO I’m trying to see the beauty of it). He came up with the name Pythagoras as a middle name. At first I though he’d gone mad, but the more I think about it, and the more I say it out loud, the more I like it.
So what do you think, could Pythagoras work as a middle name? Any other “mathematical” names you can come up with?

2 Likes

Do it. It would be awesome.

4 Likes

Archimedes would also work. Or either the first or last name of [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [name_m]Pascal[/name_m]. I’ve always loved the name [name_u]Blaise[/name_u], as both an honour name and homonym with [name_u]Blaze[/name_u].

1 Like

Pythagoras would be a really cool middle name!!

1 Like

I think something about it almost ties together Hjörtur and [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] in a strange way. It could totally fit as a middle!

Less specifically math, but I love [name_m]Kepler[/name_m].

1 Like

I think it would definitely make a bold, cool choice! Though I’m not a big fan of maths myself, and I often hear Pythagoras referred to to show how most of the things we learn at school are useless. But I wouldn’t let that hold you back from using a name you love, especially as it will only be a middle name.

1 Like

Pythagoras is so cool although I’d definitely keep it in the middle spot.

Some science/math inspired names I quite like:
[name_m]Math[/name_m]
[name_m]Pascal[/name_m] ([name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [name_m]Pascal[/name_m])
[name_m]Trig[/name_m]
[name_m]Venn[/name_m]
[name_m]Descartes[/name_m]
[name_u]Edison[/name_u]
[name_m]Newton[/name_m]
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m] ([name_m]Edwin[/name_m] [name_m]Hubble[/name_m])
[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m]

Some more can be found here:

1 Like

It’s definitely adventurous! I would keep it in the middle spot.

2 Likes

@almostactually and @Ameliaanwen It will definitely stay in the middle name spot if we decide to use it, Pythagoras as a first name is a bit much even for me.

Out of the suggestions I like:

Kepler
[name_m]Pascal[/name_m]
[name_m]Trig[/name_m]
[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m]

2 Likes

I think it would be very… bold. definitely keep it as a middle.

2 Likes

I like algebra too as a middle.

2 Likes

It is very bold, but it’d be a conversation starter!

2 Likes

I think it would be super cool as a middle!

2 Likes

That’s super cool. I always loved [name_m]Axiom[/name_m] as a name.

2 Likes

It makes an awesome middle! It has a really cool sound to it, and though it’s bold I think it’s usable as a middle.

2 Likes

Pythagoras would make an unexpected and charming middle name

1 Like

Yes! Please use it! So cool!

3 Likes

I actually really like [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m]! [name_m]Archie[/name_m] as a nickname is super cute too.

3 Likes

At first I was hesitant but it’s actually a really cool name! I’d say go for it. I also really like [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m], Fibonacci, [name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m], [name_m]Plato[/name_m], and Diophantus.

2 Likes

That would be very bold, but also cool… I never thought of Theorem as a name. I might consider this!

3 Likes