Questionable words that would make good names

The examples that I hear the most are avarice and malaria. I personally like Megarhyssa, a genus of large ichneumon wasps.

1 Like

corona

4 Likes

Cafeteria, Diaspora, and Heroine

heroin or heroine?

I think Heroine looks namier, though obviously the reason it’s unusable (unlike [name_u]Hero[/name_u]) is because it’s a homophone to heroin. So… kind of both?

5 Likes

Rosacea

6 Likes

Violin!

2 Likes

One of the names that gets me the most is [name_f]Milena[/name_f]. I’m a nurse and trust me, if you knew what milena was you’d be very put off!

I like Aliciana, but apparently it’s a type of moth.

1 Like

Aliciana can be Megarhyssa’s sister

3 Likes

There’s always [name_f]Viola[/name_f] :smile:

Lullaby :white_heart:

5 Likes

Tephra - I feel like I could justify it as a nerdy science/nature name, but it is dangerous

1 Like

I’m thinking [name_f]Silhouette[/name_f] would be so elegant!

8 Likes

Wallflower
Umbellifer
Melifera
Tardis
Yule
Insomnia
Radiator
Eye
Hamper
Dungeon
Gangrene
Meldrop
Oil
Riparian
Cacophony
Chutzpah (if Moxie, why not…?)
Hegemony (like Jacoby and Jemima)

5 Likes

Avenue & [name_f]Afternoon[/name_f] :sob:

3 Likes

Alimony
Anaesthesia - [name_f]Ana[/name_f]? [name_f]Thea[/name_f]? [name_f]Essie[/name_f]? So medical, but so nicknameable
Celery - I would honestly use this before [name_f]Apple[/name_f]
[name_u]Evian[/name_u]
[name_f]Indica[/name_f]
[name_f]Julienne[/name_f] - I’m sure someone has used this as a name, but it’s a cooking instruction
[name_u]Meridian[/name_u]
Paella
Praline

8 Likes

Lunula- still might be usable, but it’s the name of the crescent moon shaped thing on your nails

Ummidia. I read there was an Ancient [name_m]Roman[/name_m] Family by this name but it is also in the scientific name of a type of spider :frowning:

Oh, how sweet would Praline be!

2 Likes

Every time I learn about neurons in my psychology courses, I always think that Myelin would make a lovely addition to the -lyn names.

3 Likes