Rate The User Card!

I so appreciate the time you took to go over my UC @rosepip! I love your insight (and you have such a lovely voice!), and hearing real reactions to my names is always such a help (especially for potential pronunciation issues I have never considered, such as with Hymn/Him haha). Silena I stole from the [name_u]Percy[/name_u] [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] books, Phenïx is (I believe) a variation on [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] (and I am a sucker for bird names), [name_u]Denver[/name_u] and [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] are family names I’ve been trying to shoehorn somewhere for ages, and [name_f]Mistral[/name_f] is a [name_u]French[/name_u](?) word/name with meaning relating to winds/weather (but I first found it in the [name_f]Merry[/name_f] [name_u]Gentry[/name_u] books a long long time ago).

2 Likes

Rating @GreenEyes375

I might be sitting at a lonely table for one here but I’m just not a fan of three name combos. They’re much more difficult to make flow and often just feel like word salads. So I’m going to be mentally splitting up all of your combos to make them work in my brain.

Persephone [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] - Like [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] a lot. If it were me I would shorten it to [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] which feels stronger to me. I would only drop [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] because I can never pronounce it for some reason.

Rosamund [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] [name_f]Rahab[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] a lot. [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] flows okay but inspires no strong imagery from me. [name_f]Rahab[/name_f] was completely unfamiliar to me, I had to google it. [name_f]Eliana[/name_f] [name_f]Rahab[/name_f] is very nice.

Hestia Silena [name_u]Owl[/name_u] - Very nice wintery imagery! I like this one the best out of the girl combos. But again, if it were me I would do either [name_f]Hestia[/name_f] [name_u]Owl[/name_u] or Silena [name_u]Owl[/name_u].

Farrah-[name_u]Leigh[/name_u] [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Swan[/name_f] - I generally don’t like [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] because it was the filler middle name of my parents generation. But [name_f]Farrah[/name_f]-[name_u]Leigh[/name_u] [name_f]Helena[/name_f] flows a lot nicer than [name_f]Farrah[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f], so I’m torn. [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Swan[/name_f] is lovely, though.

As for the standalone girl names, there’s a lot of absolute gems here. There’s only a few that I don’t like, and then it’s only because they’re foreign to me. [name_f]Meg[/name_f] just feels out of place though.

Judah [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] - [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] works perfectly well. The imagery of [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] feels too conflicting.

Anakin [name_m]Jedidiah[/name_m] [name_m]Psalm[/name_m] - I don’t usually like [name_m]Jedidiah[/name_m] at all, but [name_m]Jedidiah[/name_m] [name_m]Psalm[/name_m] is a nice combo. [name_m]Anakin[/name_m] is just too tied to [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars for me.

Eden [name_m]Melchior[/name_m] [name_m]Saint[/name_m] - [name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_m]Melchior[/name_m] I like a lot. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though [name_u]Eden[/name_u] is typically feminine, I really like the idea of it on a boy. [name_m]Saint[/name_m] I don’t like as much.

Taran [name_m]Orlando[/name_m] [name_m]Thane[/name_m] - I like [name_m]Orlando[/name_m], but the rest doesn’t work for me.

Gareth [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] [name_u]Raven[/name_u] - I like [name_m]Gareth[/name_m] [name_u]Raven[/name_u] more than [name_m]Gareth[/name_m] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u]. [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] [name_u]Raven[/name_u] feels feminine.

Damon [name_u]Denver[/name_u] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u] - I love [name_u]Denver[/name_u] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]! [name_m]Damon[/name_m] can be dropped as far as I’m concerned.

Percy [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] - This is the one that works as a three name combo even for me. Perfect! Wouldn’t change a thing.

My opinion on the standalone boy’s list is the same as the girls. Mostly great, some too unfamiliar to me.

Lupine Primavera – Love the name Lupine! It evokes images of mountain lakes, with a field of flourishing lupines and snowcapped peaks in the distance. I’m not a big fan of Primavera (I think of Prima Ballerina) but Lupine makes up for it imo.

Fortuna Celeste – Not a huge fan of Fortuna, I think of tuna and Fortunato from Edgar Allen Poe stories. Celeste is pretty though and I love the meaning: heavenly.

Easter Rhiannon – Not a fan sorry. I’ve never been a fan of holidays as names and Rhiannon makes me think of Rhianna.

Tasmin Forsythia – Tasmin is cute, I personally like the nickname Min. Forsythia vibes off witchy-foresty vibes, like dark ferns, tall pines, and red white-spotted mushrooms. Overall, pretty nice.

Java Noor – Java = Jabba the Hut, sorry. Noor is pretty though. Reminds me of wheat fields, which isn’t a bad image if you ask me.

Rumi Moonstone – Love Moonstone, but not a huge fan of Rumi. At this point you can tell we have very different styles. :sweat_smile: Moonstone evokes soft, powdery moonlit sand on a quiet North Atlantic beach, the night sky casting highlights and shadows onto the waves as they lap at the shore.

Fauna Charm – Nms but I do think it works for you. Again, lots of magical vibes, I think of fae and sprites when I see Fauna Charm.

Adaigo Fawn – Adaigo reminds me of Amigo and Diego smashed together? Sorry if that doesn’t make sense; Fawn is pretty though, more fae vibes.

Nara September – Nara and September are both really pretty names. I think of a girl standing in a wheat field, facing the rising sun as the birds sing morningtime. I personally prefer Mara over Nara but Nara is just as pretty.

Hero Paloma – Really not my style. Doesn’t necessarily fit in with your other combos. Paloma is sweet though, just not my style.

Clio Monet – Again, doesn’t fit in with your other combos. It seems a bit out there, but who am I to judge? Evokes a girl with long dark hair painting a picture of the garden scenery in France.

Bast Seraphina – Love Seraphina, but Bast reminds me of the not-very-nice word that ends with ard Sorry!

Ofelia Virtue – Not sure of Ofelia and Ophelia are the same name but different spellings or if they are two completely different names?

Seattle Peregrine – I might be biased since I live in Washington but I really like Seattle Peregrine :smiley:

Wren Jove – Wren is so pretty and while I prefer it for a girl, I do think it is a truly unisex name and can work for boys as well. Jove makes me think of Jovial which is cute. I read that Jove is another name for Jupiter so I wondered if that is part of the reason you chose it? You seem to like space-themed names.

Zephyr Rockwell – Zephyr is a strong Greek name and the meaning is super pretty. Rockwell however reminds me of Roswell and well, aliens.

@DriftingMaie

Ronan- Ronan has grown on me quite a bit since I joined NB. I used to only think of the marvel villain Ronan the accuser. I think it is a strong, handsome name.
Jinny- I’ve always seen Ginny so Jinny looks almost off to me. This one is a little too nicknamey for my taste but it is familiar and adorable.
Delilah “Delsie”- Delilah is nms. It is the name of a dog I don’t like which may have an effect on my thoughts. I do really like the song, “Hey There Delilah” but I feel that might get mentioned a lot. With the nickname or putting it in a middle spot, you could avoid those comments.
Cordelia- I LOVE Cordelia! It is in my top two girls names. The connection to the sea, the sound, the Buffy connection… what’s not to love?? It just rolls off the tongue so easily and beautifully.
Lana- Lana is nice and simple. It reminds me of Lana Parilla which is a good association.
Venilia- This sounds too close to vanilla for me. I can’t see vanilla as a name either. It also reminds me of a disease??
Seraphine- seraphine is nice but I think I prefer Seraphina. It feels more complete to me.
Simon- I started to love Simon after watching Love, Simon. It sounds nice and I picture a smart boy, maybe influenced by the chipmunks, although I really didn’t think of them when I heard the name.
Seamus- Seamus is nms but I can see why people like it. I think of the pro wrestler and the HP character, so it is very Irish to me
Remus- Remus is also tied to Harry Potter in a more noticeable way, but I think I like it more. It is nice and soft and the character isn’t a bad association.
Aberdeen- Aberdeen is a place near where I live, so this is hard to picture on a person. Dean would be a cute nickname though.

1 Like

[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Vale[/name_u]: this is nice, it almost seems like a contrast to me of summer vs place for skiing (though I think the place is spelled [name_m]Vail[/name_m] maybe), either way middle is sleek

[name_m]Draco[/name_m] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]: this combo sounds nice, for some reason I don’t tend to love combos that are alphabetical like this (like direct alphabet neighbors in a row) and I do find [name_m]Draco[/name_m] highly tied to [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] personally

[name_m]Ichabod[/name_m] [name_u]Raven[/name_u]: this seems like a great name for a fun and memorable character, [name_m]Ichabod[/name_m] seems a bit heavy to me for a real person to wear and I feel like [name_u]Raven[/name_u] with it adds more darkness than levity

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f]: this combo is very handsome, very green/blue and expansive imagery, definitely enjoy this one

[name_u]Paris[/name_u] [name_m]Kazimir[/name_m]: I like the flow of this combo, I do think [name_u]Paris[/name_u] tends to read feminine which may cause annoyances later in life when written communication becomes more prevalent in the person’s life, that said [name_m]Kazimir[/name_m] is absolutely gorgeous

[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m]: for whatever reason [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] doesn’t do it for me, and I think [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] would sound a bit nicer to my ear

[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]: I prefer [name_u]Theo[/name_u] to [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]- just seems like it would grow better with the child into the teen into the adult, [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] is gorgeous

[name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_f]Alchemy[/name_f]: the Ls are spaced just right here, this name sounds really pleasing to me, I like this a lot- particularly the funky middle

[name_f]Astoria[/name_f] [name_f]Mystique[/name_f]: I don’t care for this one - sounds like “local superhero [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] [name_f]Mystique[/name_f]…” rather than a proper name (though would make more sense with a last name attached), I see the appeal of [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] but can’t get behind it as a [name_u]New[/name_u] Yorker

[name_f]Lucretia[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u]: witchy vibes in the best possible way here, I really like this combo, have never met a [name_f]Lucretia[/name_f] so it seems it could fit on anyone

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]: love the alliterative sound without the alliterative initials, this flows realllllly nicely

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_u]October[/name_u]: major Beetlejuice vibes from this combo, sounds really nice together, I like the unexpected middle

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]: a bit long imo but flows nicely aloud and I think [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] would age well

[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_u]Reign[/name_u]: this sounds like the name of a warrior queen to me, I think this is really well paired

For singles I would pair:

[name_m]Enoch[/name_m] [name_m]Adonis[/name_m], [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Ransom[/name_m], & [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_m]Newt[/name_m]

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] & [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]//Victoria [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]

1 Like

Could somebody do mine? I rated @GreenEyes375 but the next person did them as well and just skipped past me.

𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐢𝐱 𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐭: [name_u]Phaedra[/name_u] [name_f]Sonnet[/name_f] sounds really beautiful together-both strong and soft at the same time, first name I think I am pronouncing wrong and I don’t think it would be easy to live with as someone who has a common name and constantly has to give/spell it over the phone

𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐲𝐣𝐚 𝐧𝐲𝐱: this combo has a nice alliterative quality to it, I don’t love any of the names on their own but they pair really nicely together

𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐛𝐞 𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫: this is a really pretty autumnal pairing, I like [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f] a lot, not sure if it’s because [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] reminds me of thistle but I’m getting green vibes from this combo despite the [name_u]October[/name_u] of it all

𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐝𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐨𝐬 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝: I think this would be better served as a two name combo with either but not both middle names, seems like a lot

𝐜𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞: [name_f]Circe[/name_f] is really pretty and I like it a lot, I feel like this girl would grow up in a cottage near a field of wheat for some reason

𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞: [name_f]Valkyrie[/name_f] is a [name_f]Lot[/name_f] to put on a child so I don’t find this combo particularly wearable, I like [name_f]Sappho[/name_f] and can appreciate how Wilderose sounds with it

𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞: this combo feels really academic to me, I think it flows nicely and gives me a deeper appreciation of 3 name combos

𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐱: this combo flows nicely, I get like mauve/burgundy imagery thinking about it, works nicely and each name adds to the combo

𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐧: honestly don’t care for the first two names as both sound like phrases (and not particularly pleasant ones at that), I think flow wise ignoring that-[name_m]Moore[/name_m] would fit better than [name_f]Morrigan[/name_f]

𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐮𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐞: I’ve not really seen [name_f]Posey[/name_f] spelling like that before-gives it a slightly less mature vibe imo, I would swap the order of [name_f]Elsinore[/name_f] and [name_f]Nimue[/name_f] for better flow here

𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐜𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐬𝐭: I can’t get past the association I have of ferelith with feral - just doesn’t do it for me, [name_f]Boudicca[/name_f] [name_u]Tempest[/name_u] flows really nicely

𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐨𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝: uncertain how to pronounce fn (ch= hard K sound?), kinda cool but also might be more hard to live with in a practical sense than some of your other firsts that are more commonly known-might also be confused with [name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f], Bluebird is pretty

𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨 𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞: I think this combo is okay but I would prefer just [name_f]Atalanta[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u] or [name_f]Atalanta[/name_f] [name_f]Eponine[/name_f]:herb: 𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐞𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐬: [name_f]Astraea[/name_f] is really beautiful and I think it would age really nicely, I don’t love either middle but I think the flow is impeccable

𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧: I like [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] a lot-soft and strong again, the flow from [name_m]Leander[/name_m] to [name_u]Oberon[/name_u] would work better in reverse imo

𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐬: I like [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Aurelius[/name_m] but the addition of [name_m]Moss[/name_m] is a bit too much S here (almost tempting fate for a child who has trouble saying S sounds), again I think a two name combo would best serve here

𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭: [name_u]Mercury[/name_u] is interesting- I think I like it and it’s definitely not too common but still everyone will know how to spell it, middles flow nicely

𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐥: this name reads academic to me, also soft and sweet but still strong, a handsome pairing

𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐭: I don’t love [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] but it works really nicely in this combo which I think flows really well too and each name adds something new

𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐳𝐥𝐨 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐯𝐚l: to me the first name is unappealing due to word associations, I find there’s a bit too much L in this combo though I am enjoying [name_m]Laszlo[/name_m] in particular

(In the future it might be best to just rate the next poster, so that they don’t get skipped too- at least that’s what I do when I am skipped, and then I’m next in line to be rated anyway :slight_smile: )

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] - [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is such a happy, lively name; I really like it. [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] is not so much for me, there’s something about the sound that I’m not too fond of. Flow-wise I feel like something is missing at the end which is why I think they will flow much nicer when a surname is added.

[name_f]Cassia[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] - [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] is lovely, especially so if the cass-ee-uh pronunciation is used. [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] is wonderful, too, as is the flow of this combo.

[name_f]Chiara[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f] - They are both lovely names. I’m not sure how much I like them together only because the look throws me off a little; both are C-names yet the -h of [name_f]Chiara[/name_f] is still part of the K sound (haha, I don’t think it entirely makes sense the way I describe it but, just as an example, I find [name_f]Cara[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f] or [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f] to be more balanced, look-wise). I do like the flow, though.

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Salvatrix[/name_f] - [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is beautiful, so sweet and charming. I’m not a fan of [name_f]Salvatrix[/name_f].

[name_f]Thora[/name_f] [name_f]Luciana[/name_f] - I really like [name_f]Luciana[/name_f], [name_f]Thora[/name_f] has always felt a bit harsh to me (it’s the Th paired with or) but it’s a lovely name nonetheless. [name_f]Thora[/name_f] [name_f]Luciana[/name_f] has a nice balance of hard/harsh and light/musical sounds, which is very nice.

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] - my favourite from your list! Neither is a name I would personally use but I think they have such a lovely vibe together, sophisticated, youthful and fun!

[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Carmina[/name_f] - my second favourite, [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] is beautiful and I really like this spelling and [name_f]Carmina[/name_f] gives off autumnal vibes, red leaves and a crackling fire, which altogether makes the combo feel very warm and cozy.

[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Ford[/name_m] - this is such a handsome combo, very American but truly in the best way! I’m usually not a fan of either name but together they are wonderful.

[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Conlan[/name_m] - also very handsome; I’m not familiar with [name_m]Conlan[/name_m] but it feels like it would be a family surname

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Giuseppe[/name_m] - I love [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], one of my favourite names ever. [name_m]Giuseppe[/name_m] isn’t quite for me but it sounds lovely with [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] - [name_u]Francis[/name_u] is beautiful and while I don’t tend to be the biggest fan of [name_m]Issac[/name_m], I think it sounds really nice with [name_f]Frances[/name_f]

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Giovanni[/name_m] - same as with [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Giuseppe[/name_m], I adore [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and while I’m not usually a big fan (I think Italian names are gorgeous, I just don’t love the Gi- ones), I really like [name_m]Giovanni[/name_m] with [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]

[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] - lovely combo, they’re both really nice names and they flow well together

[name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] - same as your [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] combo, both are lovely and the flow is great.

I think my favourite set from your names would be [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] & [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]!

1 Like

@OpheliaFlora

Flora Elisabeth Margot- Very classic and distinguished! I see these names a lot on NB.

Rose Lavinia Charlotte- Delicate, feminine, and classic! Lovely.

Rose Wilhelmina Mary- This is nicely old-fashioned. I don’t love the flow of Wilhelmina in the middle, but it’s nice enough.

Alice Cordelia Lucy- Gorgeous! I love all these names, and they flow very well!

Alice Cordelia Mary- Beautiful! Classic without feeling stiff.

Violet Cordelia Mary- Another fantastic combination!

Violet Cecilia Mary- This is soft without being insubstantial, which is a nice balance!

Mabel Cecilia Violet- Very sweet!

Mabel August Lily- August is unusual for a girl, but I think it brings something modern and nice to this name.

Emma Rosamund Lily- I love this! Every name is sweet. They work very well together!

Emma Rosalind Phoebe- This is a lovely combination as well!

Ada Rosalind Mary- This is strong and gentle, an excellent combination.

Oscar Frederick Lillie- I’ve never seen Lillie for a boy. This combination isn’t to my taste, but it is handsome in an old man chic way!

Edgar Frederick Mathieu- Once again not to my taste, but very handsome.

Victor Lionel August- I think August softens this nicely!

Hugo Nicanor Edmund- I’m not the biggest fan of Nicanor (Nicodemus is a name I prefer with a similar vibe), but the name combination is very regal!

Arthur Vyvyan Louis [louee]- This isn’t my preferred spelling of Vyvyan/Vivian, but the combination is handsome!

Edmund Blythe- I love this! I think Blythe is so bright and handsome for a boy! This combination is very well balanced with the solemn Edmund and the bright Blythe.

Orla Clementine- This is such a bright combination! It is gentle and quirky.

All in all, I really like your user card! Double middles aren’t usually my style, but I admire your combinations!

1 Like

Ida [name_f]Alice[/name_f]- So sweet and vintage! I definitely prefer [name_f]Idella[/name_f] to [name_f]Ida[/name_f], but it’s nice either way.
[name_u]Abilene[/name_u] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]- It’s great to find someone else who loves [name_u]Abilene[/name_u]! I also really like [name_u]Anne[/name_u], though I don’t really like them paired together.
[name_f]Isola[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]- So classy and pretty!
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f]- I love [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f]! Not a big [name_f]Lily[/name_f] fan, though it’s pretty.
[name_f]Dinah[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]- [name_f]Dinah[/name_f] is really pretty! I’m a big fan of [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. The meaning and the sound are great!
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]- I love both names! I prefer [name_m]Leo[/name_m] as a first, though.
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]- I like both names (especially [name_u]Jude[/name_u]), but maybe not both together.
[name_u]Ira[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m]- Handsome! Feels dorky-nice, if you know what I mean. Like a nice dentist or the student who’s willing to tutor someone who’s about to fail, even though they always bully him.
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u]- I love this one! Both names are really strong and handsome, but not over-the-top. [name_u]Strong[/name_u] but silent in a way.
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Elena[/name_f]- Maybe [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Sybil[/name_f]? The last syllable of [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] (say that five times fast) and the first syllable of [name_f]Elena[/name_f] run together for me.
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]- Really sweet!
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]- Cute and quirky, though I don’t really like alliteration.
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]- I’m obsessed with this one! It’s so amazing!
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] Perenelle- I kind of like this one, though I usually wouldn’t like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and would probably not like Perenelle. I like them together, though.
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m] [name_u]True[/name_u]- I love [name_m]Finnian[/name_m], but I don’t really like [name_u]True[/name_u] on a boy.
[name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]- Really pretty! I’m kind of indifferent to [name_f]Frances[/name_f], though I really like [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] and [name_f]Fan[/name_f] as nicknames.
[name_f]Leah[/name_f] [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]- I’m indifferent towards [name_f]Leah[/name_f], though I like [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] a lot! This combo doesn’t really flows well, however. Same issue as [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Elena[/name_f].
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Philomena[/name_f]- Not a fan of [name_f]Philomena[/name_f], though I love [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]! I also don’t really like double a endings.
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]- So handsome! I love [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]! I also really like [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] as a middle.
[name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]- [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] is okay, and I really like [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]! I would probably prefer [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] or [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m].

Overall, I really love your style! It’s sort of similar to mine I guess!

1 Like

Ophelia and [name_m]Vance[/name_m]: I love [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]! [name_m]Vance[/name_m] isn’t my personal taste, but I like how it fits in with your other names.
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u]: Perhaps one of my guilty pleasures. I think it’s adorable. I also knew a [name_u]Thayer[/name_u] once, which you might like (if you like [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] and [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m])
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]: Again, not my personal taste, but I can see why so many people like it.
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]: Cute! Works well on all ages, very elegant
[name_f]Poem[/name_f]: One of my favorite word names! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the meaning and think it has the potential to be very wearble, but also makes a fantastic middle.
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]: [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] is so interesting to me. It’s familiar enough that it could fit right in with any group, but has such a unique feel to me.

Isaac: [name_f]My[/name_f] all time favorite boy’s name! [name_u]Love[/name_u], love, love!
[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]: Coincidentally, my all time favorite boy’s name all throughout my teen years before it was replaced by [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]! [name_f]May[/name_f] still be my favorite occupational name.
[name_u]Fox[/name_u]: I think [name_u]Fox[/name_u] is so cool. I bet a little boy would love to have this name.
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]: So handsome! It’s elegant, but at the same tme could fit any personality, especially with nicknames like [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u]: I really, really like this one. Especially with the nickname [name_u]Gus[/name_u]. Also pretty on a girl!
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]: [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] feels so refined and stoic to me. And excellent literary choice.
[name_m]Horace[/name_m]: I feel like I’ve just started seeing [name_m]Horace[/name_m] pop up on the forums today! I don’t think I would use it, but it falls ito the category of “old man” namesI love, so I appreciate it. It also feels Shakespearean to me.

Vance [name_m]Peter[/name_m]: they sound nice together! I like how their styles balance each other out.
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] Bullard: [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is my brother’s name, so I have a soft spot for it. The flow of [name_m]Jack[/name_m] Bullard is really nice.
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_m]Ace[/name_m]: I love this one!! It’s just so spritely and upbeat to me. I feel like [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_m]Ace[/name_m] would be an energetic optimist.
[name_m]Twain[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]: I’ve never thoughof [name_m]Twain[/name_m] as a first name before! It’s brave, but could definitely work. I think [name_m]William[/name_m] is a good choice for its middle, too.
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Cove[/name_u]: this one has such a nice flow. Probably my favorite [name_m]Simon[/name_m] combo I’ve sene on here.
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]: [name_m]Ah[/name_m], this one sounds gorgeous and mystical, like oceans and adventures! [name_u]Love[/name_u]!
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]Callahan[/name_u]: very handsome!
[name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m]: good pairing, and I’m glad to see [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] get some love!
[name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_m]Teague[/name_m]: cute!

Ophelia [name_u]Blue[/name_u]: So pretty and unique! It’s awesome.
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Fay[/name_f]: Oh my gosh, gorgeous. I adore it.
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Boudicca[/name_f]: Oooh, this one is so cool. What a great combo.
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f]: very cute, I like [name_f]Maren[/name_f] especially
[name_f]Delyth[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u]: I’ve never heard [name_f]Delyth[/name_f], but it looks pretty!
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u]: [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] is wonderful. [name_u]Rain[/name_u] isn’t one of my favorite word names, but I think it works well with [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], both in sound and meaning.
[name_u]Harvest[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]: aww, a perect autumnal name. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] has been growing on me lately.
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u]: oh my gosh, it’s perfect. Makes me think of [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women and To Kill A Mockingbird, two great books.
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Marsha[/name_f]: pretty nice! I think I prefer [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] over [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], and I have a friend named [name_f]Marsha[/name_f] so I love seeing it here (and, of course, who it honors!)
[name_f]Eileen[/name_f] [name_u]Fifer[/name_u]: my friend has a little sister named [name_f]Eileen[/name_f]. Maybe it’s due for a comeback! I think [name_u]Fifer[/name_u] gives it anice flair.
[name_f]Enola[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]: beautiful! [name_f]Enola[/name_f] is such an interesting name, and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is one of my favorites.

You have a beautful naming style!

1 Like

Isaac Graham: I love Isaac and I wish I saw it more! Graham isn’t my favorite on its own but it really works in this combo, very handsome.
Ezra Gardner: I like but don’t love Ezra. It’s very handsome with Gardner.
Adlai Joseph: This is such a beautiful combo, I love the soft melodic flow and the sort of vintage feel.
Orson Mack: this is fine, but doesn’t really jump out to me.
Dean Sylvester: Dean is simple, classic, and handsome! Sylvester just makes me think of the Looney Tunes cat.
Amias Wolfe: This is a beautiful combo! Feels more fantastical/elegant than some of your others, but that isn’t a bad thing, just a different style.
Cassander Locke: similar style to Amias Wolfe, and also very handsome. As a big Cassandra fan, I appreciate Cassander as well.
Dexter Moss: I really dislike Dexter, sorry. Moss is an intriguing middle choice.
Ozias Dov: I have never seen either of these names before, so they’re unfamiliar to me, but both are interesting.
Alvin Jericho: Alvin sounds quite nice but is a little prohibitively old-man to me. Jericho is a really cool choice!
Hershel Rye: Hershel also feels a bit awkwardly dated to me, but the whole combo has nice flow :slight_smile:

Orianna Maeve: Orianna is a interesting twist on some more common name like Arianna or Olivia, it’s kind of growing on me. Love Maeve!
Avielle Bay: don’t love most -elle names, just a personal preference thing, they’re too frilly for me. Nice flow!
Lavinia Pearl: very vintage, a little stolid for me, but also has nice strength and stability.
Aurelia Hope: oh this is beautiful! Love both names and they’re such a beautiful combination.
Miriam Sloan: I looooove Miriam
Josephine Skylark: love this one! Love how perfect yet unexpected Skylark is with Josephine.
Elva Cordelia: lovely flow and they work really well together
Ezri Sonnet: Ezri is unexpected and fun, and Sonnet compliments it really well.
Araminta Bliss: don’t really like either of these names, sorry.
Edie Mabel: I like the vintage cuteness of both Edie and Mabel but I feel like they’re very similar in vibe and some of your other combos have more balance?
Sibyl Avia: I don’t really like either name
Tatiana Ruth: Tatiana is so fun and sparkly and elegant, and I love the understated glow of Ruth with it.
Winona Kae: Winona is really lovely, I prefer Mae or Rae to Kae and I’m more used to spelling it Kay but it sounds nice with Winona.
Ursula Opal: I really like Opal and wish I saw it more! Ursula I go back and forth on: sometimes I think it’s really cool and other times I don’t get the appeal at all.

Favorites: Isaac Graham, Adlai Joseph, Aurelia Hope, Josephine Skylark

1 Like

Sorry, I totally forgot to reply!
Here you go @findemaxa13

James - I love James, it’s one of my favourite classics, James just feels so kind and youthful, it’s just lovely

Michael - I don’t love Michael as much, though I would argue it’s a classic name, it feel rather 80s to me personally; I’m also not a huge fan of Mike or any other very obvious nicknames, which most Michaels seem to get shortened to

Daniel - Daniel is very neutral to me, I don’t love it as much as James but it is a nice, handsome name and feels equal parts youthful and mature

Rowan - I might me one of the few people on here that doesn’t love this name, which is mainly due to me finding the -owa part awkward to say, however, this is a very personal think and Rowan is a lovely name

Francis (Frankie) - this is so sweet, I love both, the mature Francis and youthful Frankie, very handsome all around

Quentin - as with Daniel, I don’t get excited when I hear the name Quentin but I recognize it as a very nice name

Anthony & Nathan & Evan - all perfectly fine names, these are in the neutral zone for me, I don’t really have any feelings towards them, however, they are perfectly fine names of course

Ciaran - I quite like this one, I am always thrown off a little by the spelling but I really like the name alltogether

Elliot - I’m a big fan of Elliot, it is mischievous and youthful and fun to say; personally I prefer Elliott just a little more but only because I think it looks a little more mature which I like with the rest of my list. I think for your list Elliot works really well.

Alexander (Sasha/Alec/Sander) - I really like Alexander, I know an Alexander who goes by Sasha and it tends to be quite confusing because people don’t make the connection.

Mary - I love this one! It’s just so simple and sweet, truly timeless!

Rose - One of my absolute favourite names that I would use in a heartbeat!

Nina - I think this Nina is a lovely, unexpected choice; it’s really beautiful!

Catherine - I’m not a Catherine fan, it has always sounded a little too mature for me, but this spelling (and Katherine) is definitely my favourite.

Joanna - this would be the female counterpart to Michael for me, it seems to be both, classic and dated, Josie is sweet but not my favourite nickname (that would be Anne, Anna or Annie)

Anna - lovely, classic name, fits just about anybody and travels really well

Louise - I prefer Louisa, it feels a little more youthful and fun, but Louise is lovely, too. Very classy.

Charlotte - I really like Charlotte, it’s very timeless and ages really well, and I really like nickname Lottie

Beatrice - one of the names I should love in theory, and it is very nice, but it just doesn’t excite me at all, which is a shame because it’s a brilliant middle name.

Eleanor - this is such a beautiful name, the only reason it’s not on my list is because I don’t love it as much in my accent (it sounds very much like Elena)

Maeve - a fairy neutral name to me, I think the sound is lovely but I don’t love the ae in the spelling, don’t know why :woman_shrugging:t2:

Margaret - Maggie is lovely, Margaret feels a bit like Catherine, in that is seems very mature, but I still much prefer it as the nicknames are so sweet!

Skye - I love the connection to the Isle of Skye but am not a huge fan of the name itself

Flora [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]- personally I don’t really like two middles, and I’m not a fan of [name_f]Flora[/name_f], but the flow in this name is very nice!

Rose [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] / [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]- the first one is beautiful! Not sure about the second. I have [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] floating around myself.

Alice [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] / [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]- [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is sweet and mature, and I could see it easily on a young child or an adult.

Violet [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] / [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]- I love the name [name_f]Violet[/name_f]! [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is not really my style but [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] sounds SO GOOD together!

Mabel [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] / [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]- Definitely I prefer [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f], but both have a good flow and are substantial. I love [name_u]August[/name_u] for a girl, though!

Emma [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] / [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]- I don’t like the name [name_f]Emma[/name_f], because my own name is very similar and is always misread and mispronounced as [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. Not really a fan of [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] either. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]/Rosamund is good, though!

Ada [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]- The syllables seem off for some reason. It doesn’t flow as nicely as the others. Again, [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] is a very solid name!

Oscar [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_f]Lillie[/name_f]- I LOVE [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], which is so classic and charming! I don’t really like [name_f]Lillie[/name_f], though- I’d keep it as just [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m].

Edgar Frédéric [name_m]Mathieu[/name_m]- This combo is perfect! [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] is sharp and classic, Frédéric is warm and spunky, and [name_m]Mathieu[/name_m] just ties it all together.

Victor [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] [name_u]Auguste[/name_u]- Another great combo! All three of these names sound so handsome and strong!

Hugo [name_m]Nicanor[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]- I’d never heard [name_m]Nicanor[/name_m] before. Personally, I would probably do [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]/Nikolai [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], but that’s just me. This is a lovely name (and I adore [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]!)

Arthur [name_u]Vyvyan[/name_u] [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [louee]- Not sure on [name_u]Vyvyan[/name_u], but [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m] is nice.

Edmund [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]- not a fan of [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] on a boy, but [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] is strong and solid. It is a handsome name!

Orla [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]- [name_f]Orla[/name_f] seems off to me, but [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is very cute and spunky! Overall the flow is nice.

Theodore: I like this name a lot, there’s a lot of history here and I love the nickname possibilities as well as the formal option

Harrison: I never really realized how much nameberry apparently loves [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] but apparently it’s a classic-reads a bit dated to me but it’s a nice choice again with nickname options

Christopher: would be a good brother for [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], they give me similar vibes

Felix: I like the meaning of [name_m]Felix[/name_m] especially, I think it adds a nice character to the name, something about the sounds is a bit unappealing to me though

Ambrose: this is really handsome and an unexpected choice, I’ve only ever met someone with this as a middle name but I think it would be a nice first-and I kind of love the idea of nn [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]

Thomas: this is a solid choice, lots of history, maybe a little bland compared to some of your other choices but I like it even still, reminds me of [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]

Hawthorne: I like the idea of this name a lot, I haven’t met one so I have trouble picturing it on a person but I think it would certainly be unique, maybe a nice middle for a more classic choice too

Brandon: this reminds me of [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], feels a bit late 90s to me, I would maybe do brothers [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] and [name_m]Brandon[/name_m], have never met a [name_m]Brandon[/name_m] I didn’t like

Milo: this feels similar to [name_m]Felix[/name_m] in my opinion so I think they would make good brothers, I don’t hate it but I don’t love it either

Finlay: this is a nice name and I see [name_u]Declan[/name_u] below, they’d be great brothers, I like nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u] a lot

Wayne: this name reads older to me, I don’t know how I feel about it

Declan: this is a solid choice, I like this a lot, was super into it a couple years ago and still think it’ll make a good choice

Roy: this would fit well with [name_m]Wayne[/name_m] I think, I have trouble seeing it on anyone but a middle aged Midwesterner in a cowboy hat, but could be really cute on a little boy

Luca: this is another name that would sound great with [name_u]Milo[/name_u], I think they would balance each other out well

Eric: this seems a bit overdone to me, probably 70s vibes if I had to put a time frame on it

Ewan: I prefer [name_u]Owen[/name_u] personally, I just think it has a better sound and I don’t care for the “Ew” in [name_m]Ewan[/name_m]

Ender: nms personally but an okay choice, almost feels more word than name

Jude: this would work well with [name_u]Milo[/name_u], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_u]Luca[/name_u], etc, I feel they’re all in the same vein (and the 4 letter thing would be aesthetically pleasing to me)

Lennox: I love this name, I think it’s fresh and light, a great choice imo

Carlisle: reminds of [name_u]Twilight[/name_u] and [name_f]Brandi[/name_f] [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u], I’ve not met someone with this name but I would be interested in doing so, maybe a brother for [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]

Ramsey: this name has a very appealing sound to it, I like that it’s readable/writeable while not being so common

Rosen: I know this name more as a last name, I think it would be a nice middle name choice, of your “[name_f]Rose[/name_f]” names, I do prefer [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]

Cassander: this feels like it should be [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] and I’m having trouble getting over that, might be annoying to give over the phone

Seth: this name gives younger [name_m]Eric[/name_m] vibes but I think it could also fit in with the [name_u]Jude[/name_u]/Milo/Luca crowd in a way that [name_m]Eric[/name_m] can’t

Willoughby: [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] and [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] would be a really cool set of brothers

Lysander: much preferred to [name_m]Cassander[/name_m], I find this really handsome, not sure what I’d pair it with though

Layla: this name isn’t my favorite for no reason at all, would be a fine name, the amount of spelling options might prove bothersome though

Romilly: this name is interesting to me, I like that readable quality it has while retaining its uniqueness, I would probably pair it with [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u] and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]

Cecily: this name is really beautiful and I like the unique sounds as well as [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_u]Tyson[/name_u] who I think is a great bearer of the name

Remy: feels a bit too unisex compared to your other girls but maybe if you had a boy and a girl [name_u]Lennox[/name_u] and [name_u]Remy[/name_u] would work well

Charlotte: classic, beautiful, if it wasn’t my cousins name I would also have it in my user card, love love love

Ariadne: very Greek, reminds me of spiders a little bit (arachnid, I guess?), I think I like [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] and [name_u]Ramsey[/name_u] or [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] and [name_m]Lysander[/name_m] together

Clarissa: I’ve not seen it but it does remind me of [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] Explains It All, I’ve known one and I think she pulled it off nicely, [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]/Lysander, [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]/Harrison, or even [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]/Brandon would be my sibset suggestions

Beatrix [name_u]Delaney[/name_u]: I really like [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and would generally class it as an out there, but usable name. It’s spunky and slightly literary and I think that the nicknames options just help to make it more usable. [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] is a name that I consider more masculine but has that springy feel that JUST pushes it over the line as a girls name. The combo is quite interesting because it’s ALMOST clunky, but still fresh sounding.

Cassia [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]: I quite like [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] as it freshens up the classic ‘[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]’ which I’d argue is quite dated after it’s 80s/90s heyday. It reminds me of cassia bark (an Australia tree) which makes it an unexpected nature name. [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] is a really nice classic that is always suited to a MN spot due to it’s slightly clunky nature. I like the juxtaposition of the fresh and lively [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] with the heavier [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f].

Chiara [name_f]Colette[/name_f]: [name_f]Chiara[/name_f] is a beautiful Italian name that is so easily transported across borders. It’s substantial but also so lightly and springy. [name_f]Colette[/name_f] is a bit too mid-century mum for me and just isn’t ready for revival. The combo is also a bit jarring.

Ruby [name_f]Salvatrix[/name_f]: [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is a gorgeous classic that is familiar but never too popular. The personality of the girl wearing it always makes or breaks this name for me though (same with most gemstone names). It can either but gorgeously unexpected or too prim and precious. [name_f]Salvatrix[/name_f] is an interesting play on the traditional [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m]/Salvatora but unfortunately falls short for me - a bit too heavy and plodding. The combo sounds lovely though.

Thora [name_f]Luciana[/name_f]: [name_f]Thora[/name_f] is unusual and I don’t mind it but prefer the Scandinavian [name_m]Thorin[/name_m]. I quite like it as an alternative to the 90s ‘[name_f]Laura[/name_f]’. It’s got that mythological warrior sound that is really appealing. [name_f]Luciana[/name_f] is okay, but I associate it with my much older Italian relatives and I put it in the same category as the dated ‘[name_u]Lisa[/name_u], [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_u]Angie[/name_u]’ mum names. The combo is sing-songy and sweet though.

Willa [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]: [name_f]Willa[/name_f] is sweet but it’s hard for me to dissociate the ‘[name_m]Will[/name_m]’ sound with traditionally masculine names. I do like that it’s slightly unexpected though. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is quite a funky retro name that is SUPER clunky but somehow still a little punk-rock? I really like the combo.

Zoe [name_f]Carmina[/name_f]: [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] is so cool. Similar to [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] I think in that it will always be familiar but not terribly popular. It gives me cool girl on a skateboard vibes - short, spunky and cute. [name_f]Carmina[/name_f] is much the same as [name_f]Luciana[/name_f] for me. Clunky and mid-century Italian.

Benjamin [name_m]Ford[/name_m]: [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] is a bit bland in my opinion and I think that’s just potentially because every boy I went to school with was [name_m]Ben[/name_m], [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], [name_m]Zack[/name_m] or [name_u]Michael[/name_u]. It’s safe, wearable and not at all offensive. [name_m]Ford[/name_m] is a popular car brand here in Australia and I can’t ever dissociate that.
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Conlan[/name_m]: [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] (please see [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]) pleasant and easy. [name_m]Conlan[/name_m] is a really nice alternative to [name_u]Connor[/name_u] – almost Irish sounding and a bit whimsical. I’d like to see this as a FN. This combination flows beautifully!

Elliot [name_m]Giuseppe[/name_m]: I don’t know why but I’ve never like [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] and I don’t have a good reason for it. The heavy ‘[name_f]Ell[/name_f]’ sound is very feminine and I think the abrupt ‘T’ ending confuses it a bit more me. [name_m]Giuseppe[/name_m] is such a beautiful, strong name that never dates in [name_f]Italy[/name_f]. It’s incredibly strong but comes with a plethora of cutesy nicknames and it will always be a favourite to me. It’s a jarring combo.

Isaac [name_u]Francis[/name_u]: [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] is a traditional favourite that fits nicely with [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] I think – again, the familiar but not terribly popular choice. It’s soft and sweet and trustworthy. [name_u]Francis[/name_u] is just divine and has a similar feel to [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] in the soft and trustworthy department. Because of that I’d prefer to see both names paired with something slightly spunkier but it’s a gorgeous combination.

Oscar [name_m]Giovanni[/name_m]: This is easily my favourite of your names. [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] is brilliant – It’s super familiar but always a little unexpected and it gives me strong arty/genius vibes. [name_m]Giovanni[/name_m] is very similar to [name_m]Giuseppe[/name_m] in many ways and pairs off with [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] perfectly. 10/10.

Reuben [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]: This combination is a strong second place getter – love it. [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] make wonderful brothers. It’s slightly softer and more serious than [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] but still pairs beautifully. [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] is gorgeous and a name that I don’t think will ever date. Soft and strong all at the same time.

Zachary [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]: [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] (see [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]), usable but a bit bland. [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is a nice name that unfortunately I can only associate with the train cartoon.

@OliviaBrady here you are! I’m sorry it took so long. It’s been a day. I can transcribe if you need me to!

1 Like

𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐢𝐱 𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐭 - I worry about pronunciation and spelling issues with aurembiaix but really like Phaedra and sonnet. I think I added Phaedra to my own list after hearing it on yours.

𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐲𝐣𝐚 𝐧𝐲𝐱- I love Persephone and Nyx. Freyja isn’t my style and I prefer the Freya spelling but I see why people like it. I love the dark vibes I get from this but it is still light enough to use on an actual child.

𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐛𝐞 𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫- I think I would prefer Artemis in this combo. Thisbe is interesting and sounds nice. I love October as a name, especially on a girl.

𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐝𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐨𝐬 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝- Ariadne is nms. I don’t have any connotations turning me away from it, I just don’t like the sound. Eos makes me think of those weird round chapsticks that were all the rage a few years ago. Hummingbird is cute, almost too cute.

𝐜𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞- Circe is cool, it makes me think of the circus. Whenever I hear Endellion though, I think of dandelions which are undesirable weeds. I love Fable even more than sonnet or story.

𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞- Valkyrie is SO COOL. I love Tessa Thompson’s character in the MCU and I love that it is a female warrior. Such a beautiful, strong name. Sappho is cool if the lesbian connection doesn’t bother you. How do you pronounce Wilderose? Normally I like wild-rose but here I kind of like wil-da-rose

𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞- I’ve always loved Andromeda and the space connection. I love Hacate’s connection to sorcery and magic. Blue feels a little out of place with all the other cool, long names.

𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐱- I like Guinevere although I prefer Genevieve. I like that it goes with Arthurian legend. Unfortunately Medea makes me think of the Madea movies with are definitely nms. Fox is cool and fresh to hear on a girl.

𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐧- Helisent is nms. The sent part makes me think of smell. Isolde is nice. More Ivan is cooler than Morgan. It is actually the middle name of a friend of mine.

𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐮𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐞- Poesy is cool. I like this spelling because it makes me think of Edgar Allen Poe at the same time. Nimue is awesome! I don’t know about the Arthurian legend but I saw the changed story on once upon a time. Elsinore gives me witchy vibes which is always desirable in a name.

𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐜𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐬𝐭- Ferelith is nms. I just personally don’t like lith names. Boudicca makes me think of bodacious so it feels a bit weird as a name. Tempest is great. I love storms and I have a special connection to the word.

𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐨𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝- cleocharia is beautiful. I love the nn Cleo too. Merope is nms but bluebird is very pretty.

𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨 𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞- Atlanta paired with Hero makes me think of a vigilante that paroles the streets of Atlanta, not really a name. I like the sound of Hero but I much prefer Hiro like the big hero 6 character. I’ve never seen les mis so I don’t really know how to feel about Eponine.

𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐞𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐬- Astraea is nice. There might be some spelling or pronunciation issues but I like the name. Millicent is nms. It makes me think of Millicent Bulstrode, who Hermione was trying to turn into on Harry Potter. Moss is not something I would want as part of my name. It isn’t my favorite plant and I associate it with wet, decay, or slow moving sloths.

𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧- Ronan is great. I love the sound. It flows really well into Leander as well. Leander sounds so nice to say. Oberon is a name I’ve loved since I read the Shakespeare play.

𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐬- I love Caspian, the sound, the literary connection and the sea. I also love Aurelius. I think of Marcus Aurelius the Roman emperor and character from gladiator. Such a strong, beautiful name. Moss is again nms though.

𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭- I love planet names. My favorites are Jupiter and Neptune but Mercury is cool too. Finnegan is another favorite of mine. It is the name of a vampire in a small online game I play, so it fits right in with your other names. August is so sweet and gentle of a name. Finnegan August flows so well too!

𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐥- Lucien is cool. For some reason it makes me think of Lucius Malfoy and werewolves (Lycans), but I like that. Hawthorne is an interesting middle. It makes me think of the Salem witch trials and the house of even gables and Gale Hawthorn from the hunger games. Quill in nice. I love q names. This one is very attached to Peter Quill AKA Starlord from the Guardians of the Galaxy movies for me. I really like this overall name a lot.

𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐭- I’ve started to love Dorian. I never read the book or seen the movie about Dorian Gray but I’ve seen his character in other things and find it so interesting. It is such a strong name. Lysander is another favorite of mine, ever since I read a Midsommar nights dream. Frost is so cool, pardon the pun. I love weather related names and it makes me think of Jack Frost who is just such a fun loving character. This is my favorite of all your names!

𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐳𝐥𝐨 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥- Laszlo is cool. The z makes it fresh. I’ve always loved Percival, such a knightly name. Unfortunately Carnelian makes me think of carnal, which is not desirable for a child.

1 Like

[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] - I love [name_u]August[/name_u]; [name_u]Vale[/name_u] would not be a name I would choose for my list, but I absolutely adore it with [name_u]August[/name_u]. It creates a very youthful yet sophisticated name, something modern but truly time- and ageless.

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Draco[/name_m] - I love [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], especially this spelling. I think [name_m]Draco[/name_m] sounds really cool, I just can’t get over the HP connection (which I generally love, but while I think he’s a great on a character-level, I just can’t stand his personality). The flow of this combo is great, though.

[name_m]Ichabod[/name_m] [name_u]Raven[/name_u] - this sounds a little bit too much like a character name to me, it’s brilliant and I love the vibe it gives off but feel like it might be a little difficult to wear.

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] - [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is wonderful and I can appreciate [name_f]Emerald[/name_f], it makes me think of a story book king ([name_f]Narnia[/name_f]) hung with emerald jewelry. I think I would prefer something a little simpler (e.g. [name_f]Jade[/name_f]) or less word-y (e.g. Morvarid) in the middle name spot.

[name_u]Paris[/name_u] [name_m]Kazimir[/name_m] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Kazimir[/name_m] (but slightly prefer the [name_m]Casimir[/name_m] spelling), [name_u]Paris[/name_u] isn’t really for me but I find it quite interesting on a boy and the [name_m]Kazimir[/name_m] looks great next to it.

[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m] - [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] is lovely, [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m] is fun, not a name I would use but one I tend to appreciate on other people’s lists. I think the only reason I would change this around a little would be both names having the same sound pattern, which doesn’t make them flow as nicely as [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] or [name_m]Ichabod[/name_m] [name_u]Raven[/name_u], for example.

[name_u]Teddy[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] - I love this! Personally I prefer a longer name for [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] (really any of the [name_m]Ed[/name_m]- names or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]) but [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] is truly delightful.

[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] - not for me. I like the literature connection but I’m not a big of sound nor the look of the name.
[name_m]Newt[/name_m] - is cute.
[name_m]Ransom[/name_m] - reminds me way too much of kidnappings, I really like how the names looks, though.
[name_m]Enoch[/name_m] - I really like [name_m]Enoch[/name_m]!
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] - is such a nice name. One of the few names where I prefer the -an ending to the -us ending (e.g. [name_m]Aurelian[/name_m] / [name_m]Aurelius[/name_m]).
[name_m]Adonis[/name_m] - I think this would be too difficult to wear really!

[name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_f]Alchemy[/name_f] - I think [name_u]Willow[/name_u] is very sweet, even it doesn’t really appeal to me personally. I do think the combo sounds a little too much like an Etsy shop for handmade candles and crystals. So as a name for a person it just seems a bit off.

[name_f]Astoria[/name_f] [name_f]Mystique[/name_f] - [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] is wonderful, truly lovely. [name_f]Mystique[/name_f] is not so much for me but I can appreciate the X-Men association.

[name_f]Lucretia[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] - this is wonderful! [name_f]Lucretia[/name_f] is grand and Victorian and [name_u]Blair[/name_u] doesn’t take away from that but still adds a more grounded, contemporary vibe to the combo.

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] - basically the same as [name_f]Lucretia[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u]. [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] is gorgeous and while I’m not really a fan of [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], it does make [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] feel more approachable!

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_u]October[/name_u] & [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] - these are both truly lovely. [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] and [name_u]October[/name_u] sound great together, there’s something crisp about the combo, which I really like. [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], it turn, feels very warm and friendly. They would make great sister names.

[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_u]Reign[/name_u] - love [name_f]Octavia[/name_f], [name_u]Reign[/name_u] feels too pompous for me (and reminds me too much of the Kardashians - though the kid is adorable)

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] - I love all of these! [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is one of my long-time favourites, and even though I tend to fall out of love from time to time, I always tend to come back to it. [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is such a classic, the only think I don’t love about it are the natural nicknames [name_f]Vicky[/name_f] and [name_f]Tory[/name_f]. [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] always reminds me of the night sky, the stars and planets, which I love; and I don’t think there is a name that would fit the description of contemporary classic better than [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], which I think is too sophisticated to ever truly go out of style (perhaps due to its most famous association!).

Overall I really love the names on your list, some may be too adventurous for me but even those I tend to really appreciate!

1 Like

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] - I’m not a fan of [name_f]Flora[/name_f], but it sounds really nice paired with [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f], which I really like.

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] / [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]! It sounds so classic and interesting at the same time. Honestly, my personal favorite with these names would be [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f].

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] / [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] - I love both!! They sound so vintage and spunky!!

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] / [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] - I prefer [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]. I love both [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Mary[/name_f], and this flows so well.

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] / [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] - [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f], I think. But they are both super nice. It kind of gives me “[name_m]Little[/name_m] House” vibes.

[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] / [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] a little better, but not by a lot. They both have really grounded but not boring sounds, which I love.

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] - I love this too much!! It sounds so pretty! I love all of these names and they flow so perfectly in a combo.

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] - I like [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], but [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] reads as more of a girl’s name to me. Overall, the flow is really nice.

[name_m]Edgar[/name_m] Frédéric [name_m]Mathieu[/name_m] - This one is really nice! It has a very charming and prince-like feel to it.

[name_m]Victor[/name_m] [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] [name_u]Auguste[/name_u] - Oooooh! This one is really interesting! I love it!

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Nicanor[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] - I like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], not so much [name_m]Nicanor[/name_m], but it has a nice flow overall.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Vyvyan[/name_u] [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [louee] - Yaaaay! I was happy to see [name_u]Vyvyan[/name_u] on a boy. I would personally spell it [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], but it’s great nontheless. It has an amazing flow and is one of my favorites of your boys names.

[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] - I love the simple and vintage charm of this!

[name_f]Orla[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - This one seems very feminine to me, but I like it as a girl’s name.

Overall, your style is really nice, like mine but a little bit braver. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite girl’s combos were [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f], and my favorite boy’s combos were [name_m]Victor[/name_m] [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] [name_u]Auguste[/name_u] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Vyvyan[/name_u] [name_m]Louis[/name_m].

2 Likes