Review my Boys?

I figured, since I put my girls up for inspection, I should put my boys up too. I’m a bit less wafflya bout my boys, I like these pretty much in the order they are right now, but would love to hear what you all think of them anyway!

Here they are:
[name]Cosmo[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name] - would be nn’d [name]Barney[/name], [name]Barnes[/name], Bex (for his initials, sort of)
[name]Remus[/name] - [name]Remy[/name] or, again, for initials: [name]Rex[/name]. (I think [name]Rex[/name] is wicked awesome)
[name]Cassius[/name] - [name]Cash[/name] or [name]Cass[/name]
[name]Clarence[/name] - nn [name]Clancy[/name]
[name]Alasdair[/name]
[name]August[/name] - [name]Augie[/name], not [name]Gus[/name]. [name]Augie[/name] feels more 20’s polished and less 30’s tough guy.
[name]Lucius[/name] - potential nn? [name]Lou[/name]. No, Malfoy’s HOT, :wink: He is not a turnoff of the name at all!
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Linus[/name]

If you want to know anything about them at all, just ask. I’d love to talk about the boys! :wink:

[name]Cosmo[/name]-utterly fabulous!
[name]Barnaby[/name] - would be nn’d [name]Barney[/name], [name]Barnes[/name], Bex (for his initials, sort of)-love [name]Barnaby[/name] but don’t love the nicknames as much.
[name]Remus[/name] - [name]Remy[/name] or, again, for initials: [name]Rex[/name]. (I think [name]Rex[/name] is wicked awesome)-wonderful.
[name]Cassius[/name] - [name]Cash[/name] or [name]Cass[/name]-love [name]Cassius[/name] so much, I would have never thought of it myself.
[name]Clarence[/name] - nn [name]Clancy[/name]-wonderful full name and nickname.
[name]Alasdair[/name]-very handsome.
[name]August[/name] - [name]Augie[/name], not [name]Gus[/name]. [name]Augie[/name] feels more 20’s polished and less 30’s tough guy.-This is wonderful, too! [name]Love[/name] [name]Augie[/name] more than [name]Gus[/name].
[name]Lucius[/name] - potential nn? [name]Lou[/name]. No, Malfoy’s HOT, :wink: He is not a turnoff of the name at all! This is huggably cute.
[name]Arthur[/name]-this was my father’s middle name and my grandmother’s maiden name so not only do I love the sound of it, but it is very special in my family. A winner!
[name]Linus[/name]-my friend named her son [name]Linus[/name]. He is sooo cute with blonde curly hair and he had to start wearing glasses when he was two. He always has had very cool glasses. At the time, it seemed like kind of an odd name, but we quickly started liking it. His sister is named [name]Amelia[/name].

Now I want to put down some boys’ names that I love as well:
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Ansel[/name]
[name]Bernard[/name] nn [name]Bernie[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Theo[/name]
[name]Carsten[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name] nn [name]Toby[/name]

[name]Lola[/name] I love your names, you can’t go wrong! I will say that [name]Cosmo[/name], [name]Remus[/name], and [name]Cassius[/name] are my favorites but all of them go well with [name]Simon[/name], [name]Leo[/name], and [name]Josephine[/name]. Good luck with a pink bundle!

Thanks overwhelmedmomma! (wow, that’s a lot to type out!) :smiley:

[name]Susan[/name], From your list, I love [name]Magnus[/name], [name]Philip[/name], [name]Ansel[/name] (I have [name]Anselm[/name] on my lists) & [name]Theodore[/name]/[name]Theo[/name] (My favorite Uncle is [name]Theodore[/name]/[name]Teo[/name])!

I like [name]Vincent[/name] (even though he feels like a Mafia tough to this NJ chick), [name]Thomas[/name], in fact, the only one that doesn’t make me smile is [name]Carsten[/name]. he sounds surnamey to me and as such, I’d only want [name]Carsten[/name] in the middle somewhere. And I know two [name]Bernard[/name]/[name]Bernie[/name] guys. One’s almost 5 and the other is 54. The Big one’s not such a nice guy but the 5 year old is a doll! [name]Tobias[/name] is surnamey to me too, I used to know a guy with that as his surname. And [name]Toby[/name] feels perpetually 5 to me, even [name]Toby[/name] [name]McGuire[/name] (did I spell that right?) doesn’t make me like his name. I like him, but he’s not a [name]Toby[/name] when I look at him (he looks like a [name]Fritz[/name] to me!)

Sorry about my long username, it matched the mood I was in when I created the account. You can call me [name]Vivian[/name], it’s alot easier on your fingers, lol.

Great names! [name]Cosmo[/name]= for me, it will always be Kramer from Seinfeld.
[name]Barnaby[/name]= fun! I’d be wary of Bex; the two I know are girls (nn for [name]Rebecca[/name])
[name]Remus[/name]- wouldn’t work in this region (Brer Rabbit, etc.), but I think [name]Remy[/name] is beautiful and [name]Rex[/name] is quite handsome. :slight_smile:
[name]Cassius[/name]-- again, an immediate association with [name]Muhammed[/name] [name]Ali[/name], but once I get past that, I really like the name.
[name]August[/name]-- I love [name]Augie[/name]! I used to have a terrible crush on an adorable young man with that name (his was short for [name]Augustine[/name]-- [name]AuGUStin[/name], not AW-gus-teen.):slight_smile:
[name]Arthur[/name]-- another great choice. I love it for a little guy and it certainly ages with him!
[name]Linus[/name]-- always my favorite Peanuts character, so that’s a big positive association. [name]Love[/name] it!

From [name]Susan[/name]'s list, I really love [name]Thomas[/name]-- it’s a family name for me, and it sound great in French too, which puts it high on my list. (Fiance is French.)
[name]Ansel[/name] and [name]Anselm[/name] both work for me.
[name]Bernard[/name] nn [name]Bernie[/name]: only if it’s pronounced the English way, emphasis on the first syllable
[name]Carsten[/name]- I’ve only seen this one on a girl, so I’d need some time to adjust :slight_smile:
[name]Magnus[/name]-- love it. Didn’t [name]Will[/name] [name]Ferrell[/name] use it for his son?
[name]Tobias[/name] nn [name]Toby[/name]-- I like [name]Tobias[/name] (despite the Arrested Development character), but [name]Toby[/name] always strikes me as a dog name-- even moreso than [name]Rex[/name]! :wink:

I avoid thinking about boys’ names because of the French thing-- we’ll need a name that functions well in both languages. No babies on the horizon just yet, but for now I’m quite fond of:

[name]Atticus[/name] (trendy, but [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Finch[/name] is my favorite character [name]EVER[/name])
[name]Jules[/name]
[name]Remy[/name] (look familiar?)
[name]Asa[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Enzo[/name]
[name]Florian[/name] (love this, but I’m wondering if it’s too wimpy for the States??)
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Marius[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]

You’ve got a good bunch that should work in both French & English but seeing as how I speak very little French [I can sing Fr”re [name]Jacques[/name] and that’s about it for my French]. Oh, and Pamplemousse; I can order Grapefruit and I’m done. I can’t really say with 100% certantity that it’ll work. I can say if I think it would, though!

[name]Atticus[/name] - If you don’t mind defending that he’s your fave character ever, then go for it. I think he’s pretty sharp sounding. Of course, I’d just name the Kid [name]Archibald[/name], call him [name]Cary[/name] and be done with it myself. [name]Cary[/name] [name]Grant[/name] really brought [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Finch[/name] to life.

[name]Jules[/name] - Here in the States, he’d better be able to back that up with something. [name]Jules[/name] is what a lot of the Jul- girls use as a nickname (See ‘Superbad’, if you don’t believe me) I’d happily name a boy [name]Julius[/name] and nickname him [name]Jules[/name]. But [name]Jules[/name] all by himself is a bit too nicknamey for middle school.

[name]Remy[/name] (look familiar?) - Indeed he does! He sounds great with a lot of surnames and I think works fantastically in just about any Latin based language.

[name]Asa[/name] - He’s a favorite of mine, so simple yet so strong! And he’s Biblical, so he’s likely to travel well.

[name]Calvin[/name] - I get a big religious vibe from [name]Calvin[/name], so can’t consider him myself but I like [name]Cal[/name] and the [name]Calvin[/name] & [name]Hobbes[/name] assocation is awesome. I can’t say if he’d travel well but I think he should.

[name]Enzo[/name] - I know he travels well, I’ve known Enzos here in the States born in the States. And known three Italian Enzos and two French ones back in the 80’s. I think [name]Enzo[/name]'s pretty snazzy and handsome!

[name]Florian[/name] - I love [name]Florian[/name] too, but my other half always shoots him down as “too flowery”. I think it’s fine, myself. So I hesitate to say yeah, but maybe with the right surname.

[name]Hugo[/name] - I think he’s ubertrendy in [name]France[/name], but I love [name]Hugo[/name]. I would happily use him myself but my other half makes “Huge [name]Hugo[/name]” jokes. Sigh men! Warm, friendly, happy [name]Hugo[/name].

[name]Marius[/name] - He travels. :slight_smile: Anything from Ancient [name]Rome[/name] travels well, probably because they did too. I’ve got a Polish cousin named [name]Marius[/name]! I think he’s great. My other half tosses him out occasionally. He’s an [name]Ann[/name] [name]Rice[/name] Vampire though, which keeps him on the “OOH, I like him!” lists but that’s as far as I get. :smiley:

[name]Rhys[/name] - Another one I can’t say for sure would work in [name]France[/name], but he’s really fantastic here in the States! I had him on the list for [name]Josephine[/name] but she didn’t need it. :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] the input, [name]Lola[/name]! [name]Just[/name] for the record (and as further proof of my devotion), it was [name]Gregory[/name] Peck, not [name]Cary[/name] [name]Grant[/name]. :slight_smile:

Believe it or not, [name]Jules[/name] is trendy in [name]France[/name] too. My beloved brother-in-law’s mn is [name]Julius[/name], and I thought of [name]Jules[/name] as a way to honor him. For “backing it up,” what about [name]Jules[/name] in Pulp Fiction??

As I said, all this is speculation. For some reason, French/American girls’ names are sooo much easier than boys’.

See, that’s why I shouldn’t say things right before [name]Josie[/name]'s bedtime, I always get sidetracked! I just saw “TKAM” sabout 2 weeks ago, you’d think I’d’ve remembered. Sheepish grin

I loathe [name]John[/name] Travolta, so I’ve never seen “Pulp Fiction” (Loathe [name]Tarantino[/name] too, for that matter). It might work, but it wouldn’t fly in my neighborhood, I know two [name]Jules[/name] girls (I hear them talking at the bus stop at the bottom of my front lawn, [name]Jules[/name] this, [name]Jules[/name] that “Hey [name]Jules[/name]” sigh. [name]How[/name] about [name]Julian[/name], nn [name]Jules[/name]? Instead of [name]Julius[/name]. (For the record, I adore [name]Julius[/name] and would use him but for [name]Josephine[/name], too close). Oh heck, If [name]Kelly[/name] can go from the boys to the girls & back again, there’s nothing really wrong with a [name]Jules[/name], just [name]Jules[/name] guy! :slight_smile:

Here they are:
[name]Cosmo[/name]-too Seinfeld specific
[name]Barnaby[/name] - would be nn’d [name]Barney[/name], [name]Barnes[/name], Bex (for his initials, sort of)-it’s okay
[name]Remus[/name] - [name]Remy[/name] or, again, for initials: [name]Rex[/name]. (I think [name]Rex[/name] is wicked awesome)-I really like [name]Rex[/name], but not so much [name]Remus[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name] - [name]Cash[/name] or [name]Cass[/name]-I don’t care for it
[name]Clarence[/name] - nn [name]Clancy[/name]-I like [name]Clarence[/name] more than [name]Clancy[/name]
[name]Alasdair[/name]-I like this one, but I’d spell it Alistaire, very British
[name]August[/name] - [name]Augie[/name], not [name]Gus[/name]. [name]Augie[/name] feels more 20’s polished and less 30’s tough guy.-I have a 5 month old nephew whose name is [name]Augustine[/name], he’s called [name]Gus[/name]. I like [name]August[/name], though I don’t care for the name [name]Gus[/name].
[name]Lucius[/name] - potential nn? [name]Lou[/name]. No, Malfoy’s HOT, :wink: He is not a turnoff of the name at all!-Soumds made up to me
[name]Arthur[/name]-I think [name]Artie[/name] would be a really cute 40’s-ish sounding nickname
[name]Linus[/name]-never thought about this one before…it’s cute

If you want to know anything about them at all, just ask. I’d love to talk about the boys

[name]Cosmo[/name] was my Great Grandpop, and the Seinfeld thing doens’t bother me the slightest bit, [name]Cosmo[/name] Kramer would feel like another kid, or a cousin!

[name]Alasdair[/name] is the Scottish form (which is my heritage), [name]Alistair[/name]/[name]Alastair[/name] are the Anglicised versions of the Scots [name]Alasdair[/name]. I live very near Celtic Heavy [name]Boston[/name], [name]Alasdair[/name] would fly, easily. I’ve never seen [name]Alastaire[/name] before. Reminds me of [name]Fred[/name] Astaire. :lol:
[name]August[/name] is for my Mom, And I prefer [name]Augie[/name] to [name]Gus[/name]. In my neighborhood, [name]Gus[/name] is EVERYWHERE. I hear it all the time. He’s the new [name]Max[/name], here! :slight_smile:

[name]Cosmo[/name]-love love love
[name]Barnaby[/name] - one of my very favourites (we must have similar tastes)
[name]Remus[/name] - not sure on this one
[name]Cassius[/name] - on my list also [name]Cassian[/name]
[name]Clarence[/name] - nope not for
[name]Alasdair[/name]- prefer [name]Alistair[/name]
[name]August[/name] - on my list also [name]October[/name] nm [name]Toby[/name] which i really love
[name]Lucius[/name] - prefer [name]Lucian[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]- very nice!
[name]Linus[/name]- could grow on me!

[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Albert[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name]
[name]Keaton[/name]
[name]Tennyson[/name]
[name]Dante[/name]

If you want to know anything about them at all, just ask. I’d love to talk about the boys! ;)[/quote]

Thanks! I keep trying to get [name]Dante[/name] on the list but am told that [name]Dante[/name]'s too sexy. sigh [name]Albert[/name]'s tobacco to me, I’d rather [name]Alfred[/name] or even [name]Alaric[/name]. I still prefer the Sots [name]Alasdair[/name] to any of his more English variants. [name]Alasdair[/name] looks much better with my [name]Mac[/name]- surname!
[name]Every[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] in the family has ended up a raging alcoholic, I’d rather avoid [name]Thomas[/name], though I admire him on other people’s kids. [name]Henry[/name] is on my lists, as a middle. I loathe [name]Harry[/name] and [name]Hank[/name], both and only like [name]Hal[/name] as a nickname. I’m not much of an enforcer and if he ever came home from school and said “No, Mom, [name]Harry[/name].” I think I’d die a bit inside. So [name]Henry[/name] (for his Grandpop) goes in the middle, where I don’t have to worry about [name]Harry[/name], [name]Hank[/name] OR [name]Hal[/name]!

[name]Lola[/name], you have such interesting names (umm and I mean that in a good way) My faves from your list are definenly [name]August[/name] and [name]Linus[/name] (so cool). I love the cowboy sound of [name]Cassius[/name] but it almost sounds girly too. I have the same seinfeld connection (majorly), but sounds like you guys are pretty settles on it which matters the most! Good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks [name]Smitty[/name]. Especially since I think I’m about 8 weeks today! (Not testing 'til I’ve skipped two, I’m paranoid) Girls are what I have a hard time with. We both prefer boys names to girls and it’s somehow easier to agrue about the boys. So our boy’s name is fairly set in stone, as far as first names go. It’s still up in the air as to his combo. [name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Valentin[/name] [name]George[/name], [name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Henry[/name] [name]George[/name], [name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Henry[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Lucien[/name] [name]George[/name] are all in the running. Anyone want to pick their favorite one and tell me why it’s the favorite? it would help, a lot!

I love [name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Henry[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] and [name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Valentin[/name] [name]George[/name] the most. But I can’t resist-I have to come up with one…let’s see…[name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Henry[/name] [name]Lionel[/name]! Uh, oh, [name]Lionel[/name] is hipster, but I love it anyway. Sometimes I have to accept the fact that I must have a little hipster in me even though my daughter says I wear mom pants.

[name]Susan[/name]! :smiley:

I adore [name]Lionel[/name] & [name]Leon[/name], but having already used [name]Leo[/name] on it’s own for my first, I’m forbidden to use a leo- name again (shame too, I adore [name]Leontine[/name]!) :slight_smile:
[name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Henry[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name] & [name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Valentin[/name] [name]George[/name] are my two faves, [name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Lucien[/name] [name]George[/name] & [name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Henry[/name] Geroge are his. I think (at this moment) it’sll come down to [name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Lucien[/name] [name]George[/name] & [name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Henry[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name]. I’m not too worred. If it’s a boy, he’ll definitely be [name]Cosmo[/name]. I can’t imagine him as anything else right now! now a girl… that waffles hourly!

Oh, good luck, definently exciting! My fave is [name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Henry[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name]. Flows so nice and i like the plainer [name]Henry[/name] in the middle of the 2 fancy names :slight_smile:

Congrats on the two-week mark, [name]Lola[/name]! I’m excited for you. And here’s my vote for [name]Dashiell[/name] on the mn-- so handsome it makes me positively light-headed! :smiley:

For your girls, Pomeline is totally growing on me…

Thanks guys! I’ve definitely got my fingers crossed, we’ve been trying for so long!