Rosebeth & amazing berries!

Honestly berries have been absolutely amazing with name advice and I feel like I have been hounding you guys! I’m due early [name_f]February[/name_f] have a long way to go BUT I’m very indecisive this is a huge decision & the situation is complicated.

Anyways my baby will have the surname Oryang-Ramage which is LONG Ramage is pronounced like damage with an R & Oryang is ori yang. We also want to honour his mum [name_f]Rose[/name_f] & my Grandmother [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] but it’s been very much used in my social circle & I don’t want [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as a first name. Berries suggested Rosebeth to honour both relatives. I love this! What are your thoughts on Rosebeth? Please give me some first name suggestions for Rosebeth. The only name we agree on is [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]/Eloisa currently.

Thank you

1 Like

I think Rosebeth is very pretty! I remember writing it down in my notes back when @rosebeth joined NB because I thought it was so lovely and creative (in a good way, not a kree8tyv way). I think it’d be a good compromise for your situation. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] Rosebeth is gorgeous :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you! I like [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] Rosebeth as well it’s pretty and doesn’t feel made up. I really love Rosebeth

Eloise Rosebeth is lovely. In day-to-day life we seldom say our middle names with our other names and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] Or@ng-R@mage sounds great. If [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is your favourite, I think you have a winner.

1 Like

Eloise Rosebeth is so pretty!!

I absolutely love [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] Rosebeth! It flows perfectly. Rosebeth is an excellent way to honor both family members.

1 Like

Rosebeth is beautiful! It seems so perfect.

Eloise would be a lovely choice! But if you’re not quite sold on it, here are a few I’d suggest:
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] Rosebeth
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] Rosebeth
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] Rosebeth
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] Rosebeth

1 Like

I absolutely love [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] Rosebeth! Also, [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] Rosebeth would sound beautiful.

There’s nothing I can say that other berries haven’t already! I really love @elanorelle’s suggestions for firsts!

1 Like

Love it
What about Rosabeth

2 Likes

Eloise Rosebeth is a lovely name!

Oh, Rosebeth is so lovely for you! [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is beautiful but a couple other ideas:

Coraline Rosebeth
[name_f]Adele[/name_f] Rosebeth
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] Rosebeth
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] Rosebeth
[name_f]Lola[/name_f] Rosebeth
[name_f]Elise[/name_f] Rosebeth

1 Like

I love Rosebeth for you. It’s a beautiful bespoke choice to honour those two important women from your families. I see it as a reimagining of two classic names with a strong reason behind it. It also feels like an old established name, forgotten along the way, as all of the letters feel like they belong. I’m reminded how so many names were formed this way throughout history by bringing two existing names or words together.

That said, I think you can absolutely give this child two middle names with a double-barrelled surname. It will be a long name, yes, but it’s the first name and surname that they’ll be using on a regular basis. The middle names will be out of sight for the most part, there for them to appreciate. A friend of mine has five names, three being middles. It hasn’t caused her any real life issues. You may also be interested in this blog post which includes the concern about giving a child a long name. So if you feel that Rosebeth would diminish the honour to both women, or if you feel that Rosebeth would receive strong judgement from your family, the length might be worth the compromise.

I also wonder if this baby is a boy, will you be able to find a Rosebeth equivalent for the middle names [name_m]Leonard[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]? If you’re not able to combine honours for one gender, you could argue that as a reason not to do it for the other. If you decide that five names is a hard no, and Rosebeth doesn’t work out or you have a boy, you’d effectively be trading one of the honour names for the father’s surname. Would this seem like a fair trade to you, one you’re okay with? I’m not saying one way or the other, but I do think these are things worth thinking about.

It’s also a big change to make the baby’s surname to include the father’s. The order of the surname can make a difference too as it’s more likely for the second surname to be dropped than the first. It’s completely reasonable to take some more time to make this decision—especially when you have to consider the father’s future involvement with your child. I only say this in case you’re not entirely comfortable with the change. It sounded like a very sudden decision in your other post and wondered if perhaps you’re feeling a bit pressured to include it. You’re the mama, and I imagine you’ll be carrying the majority of the responsibilities. If there’s anything you’re unable to come to agreement on, I think it’s fair for you to make the final call. I just want to encourage you in this difficult situation! :white_heart:

4 Likes

Rosebeth is gorgeous! Distinct and lovely!!

Thank you so much for all the responses! The positivity surrounding [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] Rosebeth is lovely and much appreciated. I’m a annoyingly indecisive so not 100% certain on [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] but the positivity is very much appreciated. I also love the suggestions of [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_f]Adele[/name_f] & [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] they are beautiful :purple_heart::purple_heart:

@kachenka thank you for your detailed researched response and positivity on Rosebeth. Also the blog post with the comments from other parents was super helpful thank you!! With the boys I think I would change up the honour names maybe I’m not sure. Also with the boys because I’m so keen on [name_u]Noah[/name_u] I love it so so much and it’s feels like such a short boys name I feel differently about [name_u]Noah[/name_u] having two middle names. Strangely my girls names options feel so much longer but not sure as to why that is. As for the surname I feel morally obligated to include the fathers surname but I’m not 100% certain as to whether it’s the right thing I just don’t want to alienate his family by not using Oryang or make him feel excluded. It’s a really confusing time so I really appreciate the advise.

1 Like

I’m so glad you like Rosebeth :slight_smile:

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] Rosebeth is lovely but I wonder if you’ve considered [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] (ell-uh-dee)?

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] Rosebeth just flows a little better to me as it doesn’t repeat the heavy “s” that occurs in both [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. It also has the soft “d” that you like in [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_f]Adele[/name_f].

LMK what you think!

2 Likes

I see what you mean about pairing [name_u]Noah[/name_u] with two middle names. [name_u]Noah[/name_u] is a very open and fluid name so it’s easy to say with two middles. I wonder if a girls name with similar fluidity would ease the concern about length. The syllables come into it as well. With [name_u]Noah[/name_u] it comes to five syllables ignoring the surname. On the other hand, a two to three syllable girls name would come to seven to eight syllables respectively. Much of this is being driven by the lovely [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. It will make any name longer because of its four syllables and slightly clunky letter combination.

The thought of giving a small baby such a big name can feel a bit amiss, but double barrelled surnames are commonplace and two middle names are becoming more and more so. The combination of both shouldn’t be so out of place. I feel like it lends itself to a lovely naming story; we wanted your name to be perfect so we just knew we couldn’t leave any name out. I think with the surname, it might be good to hold off making anything official while you’re still unsure of things. You have a long time before the baby arrives, and you could use a bit of space to think about what’s important to you in this decision, to be guided by your own values. A lot could change in that time, as it has recently. The last thing I will say is that while names are significant, they won’t erase the way you are inclusive of the father’s family with your words and actions.

1 Like

Oh my goodness @elleplume I actually love that suggestion. [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] is so pretty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I also love [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]

3 Likes

@kachenka thank you so so much for your response honestly your responses are always so detailed and really appreciated. I think it is different because [name_u]Noah[/name_u] because of syllables, flow & general vibe so I do completely agree. Also [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] despite being a lovely name in honour of a lovely person its very clunky with so many other names going on if I was to have both Oryang & Ramage surnames which currently I am leaning towards. I’m just very unsure so I do think I need to play around with he names & really think about it I appreciate your response though & advise which I will take on board for sure.

I think Rosebeth is a great choice, obviously :wink: Personally I chose it as a user name as it’s a mix of my own first name, [name_f]Rosanne[/name_f], and Elisabeth (or Elisabet), which a name that has been passed on through the generations in my family.

I think [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] Rosebeth sounds perfect. Here are some other names that come to mind:

[name_f]Karolina[/name_f] / [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] Rosebeth
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] Rosebeth
[name_f]Martha[/name_f] Rosebeth
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] Rosebeth
[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] Rosebeth
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] Rosebeth