Rowan?

Hello!

I’ve recently come to love the name [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]. I do worry that it is too feminine? I know it is also used for girls, but stats seem to suggest it is used more frequently for boys. I can picture a baby, young boy, teenager, and even a young man with this name, but I’m not sure it suits a 30yr old man…

I guess my question is: [name_f]Do[/name_f] you see [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] aging well for a boy? Or should I go with [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] as a middle with a stronger first name (any suggestions)?

His brother would be [name_m]Tobias[/name_m].

Thank you for sharing your opinions.

My sisters father in law is [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], so for me I definitely see it as a name that ages well.

I love [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and definitely think it ages well. I also love [name_m]Tobias[/name_m], I think they would make a lovely pair.

I agree with you. Too feminine. I know too many baby girls named [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is perfect. I absolutely see it aging well. I love that it’s one of those names that sounds kind & gentle, but also rugged & manly at the same time. [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] & [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] are nice for brothers too.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I love [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]! I think it could work and grow with someone

I think [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is a great name for a boy! It is definitely a unisex name nowadays but I would not be surprised at all if I met a boy named [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]. I actually prefer it for a boy! Plus, who says a boy can’t have a softer sounding name?

[name_m]Tobias[/name_m] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] make a great sibling pair. I love how they would share long ‘O’ sound but are very distinct names.

I adore [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]. [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] make a great sibling set. I think as a whole most names age well. I think some name enthusiasts overthink and/or overreact over whether names will age well. Listen to and read names people are actually going by while your out. Plus many people do not think about or have many opinions about names in general…we are all not name enthusiasts. :slight_smile:

BTW I much prefer [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] on a man/boy. It’s more timeless on males, more trendy and a potential to be dated on a female.

I love [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]! I know both boys and girls with the name but it’s masculine to me

I think of [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] as genuinely unisex and think it would work just fine for a boy.

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is a true unisex name. Very sad to see the internalized sexism on this thread!!!

I only know one [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], and he’s 22 years old. I definitely prefer this name on a boy, and think it ages well

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] makes me think of [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] Atkinson first (and he was born in the 1950s), so for me it’s a primarily male name. I really it.

I agree. Nothing about [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] screams either gender to me, which to me, is a plus. I love [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] together too!

I associate [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] with [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] Atkinson, so I definitely think it ages well :slight_smile:

[name_m]Tobias[/name_m] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] are great together!

Both [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] are names I think are truly unisex–on a man they’re masculine and on a girl they’re feminine. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] sound wonderful together.

Personally, I’ve only ever actually met two [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]'s and both were male. The name worked well for both of them, and definitely ages well. I know [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is being used more often for girls nowadays than perhaps it used to be, but I do think that [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] definitely still stands its ground, and sways either way with ease - truly unisex.

I think [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] & [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] would work brilliantly for siblings. A really nice duo!

I’ve heard that girls are named [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], but I’ve only known a child and a slightly older man. Both wonderful people, so maybe that is why I greatly prefer it for boys (and no, it is not ‘internalized sexism’ for people to have preferences and opinions). But the name works well on both of them, I think it’s great for any age, and a great name in general!

I really like this name for a girl. It does come across as quite a bit feminine, if that’s a concern. But really not much more than names like [name_u]Rory[/name_u], [name_u]Emery[/name_u], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], etc.

I knew a boy in elementary school named [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]. He was a little odd. Coupled with [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] Atkinson, I’ve never been a fan of the name. However, I do love it for girls. Funny how our individual preferences work!

If you love [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], I would recommend it as a middle. [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] is great!