Rubeus

So lately I am crushing HARD on the name Rubeus. I feel like he fits right into my sibset. The only thing that gets me is My last name: [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Is that too much?? For what it’s worth, I do love actress [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], so that doesn’t necessarily bother me, and I’m kind of a fan of alliteration. I also had a great grandfather [name_m]Reuben[/name_m].

Rubeus [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

Does it make you want to laugh or is it rather dashing?

I like alliteration too, and in this case you also get parallelism in meaning, as both mean red. Now you have to find the perfect “A” middle name so his initials can be RAR, or an O and A pair to make [name_m]ROAR[/name_m].

I haven’t heard Rubeus before but I think it could be quite a nice name although it doesn’t flow that well with [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. It sounds a bit catchy like in a brand name or perhaps, even a bit comic-y, not sure… I can’t decide! [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] R0se does sound nice.

Personally I think [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] might be better with your last name, and I also tend to associate Rubeus with the [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] character, but that’s just the fiction I grew up with… by the time this next generation is older, I’m sure it’ll be fine. Either way I don’t think the similarity to [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is that big an issue.

Rubeus is awesome, though I’m sort of half-minded on whether or not a real-world boy could pull it off. Going by the names in your signature, though, I think it would work because it is equally as bold as them :slight_smile: not to mention the significance it has to you.

Rubeus [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is really cool and the alliteration does have a dashing sound to it! I do like the [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] association, too :wink:

LOL I love the suggestion of [name_m]ROAR[/name_m]!! :smiley:
I don’t mind [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] but it’s not really the same sort of ancient Latin/Greek vibe I have going with my other names. Lol it’s a hard pattern to break, and I’m committed :stuck_out_tongue:
I also love the [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] comnection, and my husband got me into HP so that’s kinda cute.

Thanks for your help, dashing it is!!