šŸ„° Sally

What are your thoughts on [name_f]Sally[/name_f]?

Ready for a comeback?

Would you spell it [name_f]Sally[/name_f] or [name_f]Sallie[/name_f]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] they give you different images?

Why is [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] popular, but [name_f]Sally[/name_f] isnā€™t? I find [name_f]Sally[/name_f] charming.

6 Likes

I love [name_f]Sally[/name_f] (I spell it this way)! I definitely think sheā€™s ready for a comeback. Sheā€™d be a perfect fit among modern nickname names.

1 Like

What are your thoughts on [name_f]Sally[/name_f]? I love it!

Ready for a comeback? Absolutely!

Would you spell it [name_f]Sally[/name_f] or [name_f]Sallie[/name_f]? For a full name Iā€™d go with [name_f]Sally[/name_f]. As a nickname it would depend on the spelling of the full name (for example, I have the [name_f]Sallie[/name_f] spelling on my list as a nickname for [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] because ā€œsalieā€ is right there in the name, just add an L).
[name_f]Do[/name_f] they give you different images? A little. [name_f]Sally[/name_f] feels slightly more strong and sassy and more complete for a full name. [name_f]Sallie[/name_f] is very sweet and girly.

Why is [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] popular, but [name_f]Sally[/name_f] isnā€™t? I think its because [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] shares a lot of sounds with popular modern feeling names like [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], [name_u]Hadley[/name_u], [name_f]Addie[/name_f], [name_f]Maddie[/name_f], etc. so it maybe appeals to a wider audience outside of the vintage revival fans. Also, if [name_f]Sally[/name_f] was the more common choice between the two in the past it could have made [name_f]Sally[/name_f] more well known as an old fashioned name. It definitely seems to have stuck around as one of the go to example names like for word problems in math class, ā€œBob and [name_f]Sally[/name_f] went to the market and then math occuredā€¦ā€ etc.

2 Likes

I love both spellings of [name_f]Sally[/name_f]. I think itā€™s darling, and certainly ready for a resurgence. I do know one young [name_f]Sally[/name_f], and her name announcement was such a pleasant surprise.

1 Like

[name_f]Sally[/name_f] is pretty cute - fun but clunky

I think [name_f]Sally[/name_f] went out of style, whereas [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] didnā€™t - so [name_f]Sally[/name_f] could feel dated to some - but I think it would be charming on a child today

1 Like

sally is so much fun and sheā€™s absolutely ready for a comeback to me!! personally i prefer the sally spelling but sallie is spunky as well. both are :ring::ribbon::bubbles: ā€“ girly and sweet but classy.

1 Like

[name_f]Sally[/name_f] is one of my favourites. Itā€™s such a cheerful name, somehow. I think she is definitely due a comeback. Iā€™d go with [name_f]Sally[/name_f], but interestingly, I am currently reading a book by author [name_f]Salley[/name_f] Vickers, and I quite like that way of spelling it.

[name_f]Sally[/name_f] is gorgeous!

Such a sweet, comfy, cheerful name that has a wholesome cottagecore feel to her. [name_f]Sally[/name_f] deserves a comeback! I like the spelling [name_f]Sally[/name_f] she feels more intuitive and looks visually more cosier. [name_f]Sally[/name_f] is fab.

I love [name_f]Sallie[/name_f] (this spelling!) Itā€™s so sweet and charming :tulip: Totally ready for a comeback!!

I love [name_f]Sally[/name_f].

Yes, ready.

[name_f]Sally[/name_f] spelling. [name_f]Sallie[/name_f] misspelled.

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] is to me a brown lab, old, and [name_f]Sally[/name_f] is a charming girl.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Sally[/name_f] so much!!!

1 Like

Not a personal favourite but I love the vibes, yes, defs ready for a comeback, Iā€™d be delighted to meet a little [name_f]Sally[/name_f]. Iā€™d defs spell [name_f]Sally[/name_f].
I think, as both are pet forms of [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], the reason [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] took off on its own while [name_f]Sally[/name_f] didnā€™t was probably down to a couple of things. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] feels more like a name in its own right independent of [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] to me, but I also think the nicknames-as-names trend is often based on favouring the more offbeat nickname choice as the more well known, historically used or intuitive one is seen as dated - see [name_u]Albie[/name_u] rather than [name_u]Bertie[/name_u] for [name_m]Albert[/name_m] - itā€™s a way to scour vintage names for something more unusual that still has comfy nostalgic familiarity. Of course this trend then turns this on its head by popularising that option until itā€™s far more common, becomes ā€˜of this timeā€™ and therefore may feel dated in future, and the one previously seen as dated (in this case Sally) becomes the less usual and more appealing familiar-but-different option.
I love the feel of [name_f]Sally[/name_f], to me itā€™s very jolly hockey sticks and tomboyish, very similar in vibe to [name_f]Jane[/name_f].

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Sally[/name_f] is very cute and has a kind of sassy vibe because of being a little bit retro now. Definitely prefer the [name_f]Sally[/name_f] spelling. Iā€™d love it paired with a more whimsical, of-the-moment middle, something like [name_f]Sally[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] :woman_cartwheeling:

I adore [name_f]Sally[/name_f], and definitely think it deserves more love, although Iā€™ve always been pleasantly surprised at how low in popularity it is, so maybe not too much more love :sweat_smile:. I think itā€™s sweet but feisty and bright too. I get a very sunny, spontaneous, adventurous sort of feel.

Personally I prefer [name_f]Sally[/name_f] over [name_f]Sallie[/name_f], just because I like how it looks and I think itā€™s the most intuitive spelling. And since theyā€™re said the same out loud, they donā€™t give me different images.

1 Like

[name_f]Sally[/name_f] is so sweet and spunky! It reminds me of [name_m]Don[/name_m] Draperā€™s daughter from Mad Men ā€“ a great character! I think itā€™s due for a comeback.

I have binged to many [name_u]Sam[/name_u] and [name_u]Colby[/name_u] videos, so I assiociate the name [name_f]Sally[/name_f] with Demons and evilness, and it kind of makes me hate the name. I donā€™t think itā€™s ready for a comeback, but itā€™s a decent name. I just hate it.

@Mayblossom [name_f]Sally[/name_f] isnā€™t for me personally! There is nothing wrong with the name. I know a woman named [name_f]Sally[/name_f] who is very nice. Iā€™ve known her since I was young, and I never felt that the name fit her personality. So maybe that is part of the reason itā€™s not a favorite. Iā€™ll admit that while [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] is my dogā€™s name, (making it unusable for a future daughter) I also really like it for a person. I do agree with @Greyblue that [name_f]Sally[/name_f] feels much more dated than [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] does. For me, on a child, [name_f]Sally[/name_f] fits a very specific personality. Since Iā€™ve only met an adult [name_f]Sally[/name_f], I am not sure what that looks like!

Iā€™m sorry! Iā€™m so glad you love [name_f]Sally[/name_f] so much! Itā€™s very cute, itā€™s just not for me!

:butterfly::white_heart:

1 Like

i love the name sally!! itā€™s actually my friendā€™s name. sallie feels a bit more nicknamey (picture salamander ā€œsallieā€, that is a joke, kinda). i love both sadie and sally as names and sally definitely deserves a comeback :)))

I want to like [name_f]Sally[/name_f] but just donā€™t. Itā€™s like [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] in my mind - and somehow gives me lazy, gluttonous and childish vibes. Itā€™s probably something as messed up as it reminding me of the words ā€œbellyā€ and ā€œslobbyā€ etc. I like it in a kidsā€™ story but not on someone over age 5. [name_f]Sally[/name_f] feels more like a boomer name whereas [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], more pre WW1 and this era has been more on trend of late. I think [name_f]Sally[/name_f] will come back in with other names like [name_f]Barbara[/name_f], [name_f]Susan[/name_f], [name_f]Patricia[/name_f], [name_f]Janet[/name_f] & [name_f]Judith[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Pretty[/name_f] and a classic