Searching baby names Chinese/Spanish

Hello people,
[name_u]Si[/name_u] here I am searching for some help to find a name for my baby, because in china they don’t tell you if you are having a baby boy or a baby girl I’m in need of two names.

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband is Chinese and his last name is Han 韩, so I’m searching for some names that sounds nice in Chinese and in Spanish as I think it’s very important for both parts of the family to be able to pronounce the baby name.

I’ll be so happy to hear from you and your ideas. Thanks a lot :blush::blush:

1 Like

Girls - Mi Ya, Aran(Anran(g)) Ruyi, An Na, Yulin(g) Zha Ni, [name_m]Yu[/name_m] Na, [name_f]Ai[/name_f] [name_m]Yu[/name_m]. Wei Ya, [name_f]Su[/name_f] [name_f]Lin[/name_f], Hai [name_f]Lin[/name_f], Ma La Na,

Boys - Kai(victory) Hai Yang (ocean) Yong Song (with boys names I have poor imagination)

P.S I also have Chinese husband, we decided separate names, like: 1 - official Chinese(I perhaps could never use) and foreigner one.

Most Chinese names I suggest he just said “that is strange” “too old” “this character can’t use” “at school children would teething” so I wrote the most neutral one without too much in my imagination :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thanks for the ideas [name_f]Victoria[/name_f],
When I thought about girls name I also found [name_f]Yuna[/name_f] a beautiful name, and in Catalan [name_f]Yuna[/name_f] means moon so it’s easy for my family back home to pronounce it too.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] we have the same husband?! :joy: my husband says the same, this character is ugly or meaning is not good, this name sounds not correct, …

2 Likes

Personally, I’m not familiar enough with Chinese names to give you any suggestions, however, you may be interested in @tfzolghadr post/thread history. She lived in [name_f]China[/name_f] for many years and had children there as well.

1 Like

Yuna is lovely! My first thought was something super simple like Mei for a girl or Bao for a boy — something short and sweet which doesn’t leave much room for mispronunciations. Yuna fits the bill too!

1 Like

Some of my favorite Chinese names-

girls:
[name_f]Meilin[/name_f]
Lihua
Zhilan
Nei Hua
Yanlin

Aiguo
Zian
Weizhe
Delun
Xiang

1 Like

Would any of these names work?

Names I’ve seen on girls:

凱倫 Kai Lun
蘭蘭 Lan Lan (Orchid)
美 or 美麗 Mei Li (Beautiful)
紅 Hong
愛 Ai -may have been combined with another character but I forget what it was
Jinyi
Lin

Names I’ve seen on boys:
大衛 Da Wei (David)
龍 Long (Dragon)

I don’t know context for any of these in the sense that I don’t know if they sound too old or any other negative associations