Sister sister :)

So, we had decided on the name [name_u]June[/name_u] for our second baby girl (Big sis is [name_f]Faye[/name_f])…then husband has to go and flip through the baby name book and find another beautiful name and now we are unsure what to name her.

The name is [name_f]Nola[/name_f]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] that it is unique and is Gaelic (my heritage is 50% Irish) but I still love [name_u]June[/name_u]…I love that it’s simple, older, and classic like [name_f]Faye[/name_f].

The other name he found was Nova, so similar to Nola. Nova is very pretty and elegant, too.

[name_f]Nola[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is pretty but was hoping for input on [name_f]Nola[/name_f] vs. [name_u]June[/name_u] vs. Nova

Thanks all :slight_smile:

I prefer [name_f]Nola[/name_f]. I love that [name_f]Nola[/name_f] reminds me of [name_m]New[/name_m] Orleans (LA), and [name_u]June[/name_u] seems cute, but brief. I love [name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_f]Junie[/name_f], [name_f]Djuna[/name_f], but if it’s just [name_u]June[/name_u], I’d put it in the middle spot.

[name_u]June[/name_u] is a solid, lovely name. [name_f]Nola[/name_f] is sweet, but seems like a shortening to me. [name_f]Nova[/name_f] is a no-go for me. It’s the name of a car, and a science series on television.
[name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] is hardly a compromise, as it sounds very pretty if you might be looking for a combo. Anyway, my pick is [name_u]June[/name_u].

[name_f]Nola[/name_f] has my vote. It’s very cute and will carry well throughout the years. I’m not a big fan of [name_u]June[/name_u] in the first place, and I just think the connection to your heritage is really special and something to consider.

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Nola[/name_f] so it gets my vote. I think it’s a perfect “fitting in, but standing out” name. It shares elements with the more popular [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Lola[/name_f], but feels distinctive and different.

That said, I think [name_u]June[/name_u] is lovely as well so it’s really a win-win no matter which name you choose. [name_f]Nola[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is perfection I think :slight_smile:

While I really like all 3 names, I would say [name_f]Nova[/name_f] is a little too… “out there” for [name_f]Faye[/name_f]. Of course, [name_u]June[/name_u] is the obvious choice, but I think [name_f]Nola[/name_f] could work as well. [name_f]Faye[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u] are both classic but not at all boring - they have some spunk to them - which is why [name_f]Nola[/name_f] could work too. I’m kind of torn between the two, honestly. I think it just comes down to which one you prefer personally. I do really like [name_f]Nola[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], but I also like [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] [name_f]Nola[/name_f] nn [name_u]June[/name_u]/[name_f]Junie[/name_f] or even [name_f]Nola[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u].

Sorry, I’m no help. :confused:

I prefer [name_f]Nola[/name_f] over the other choices. I like that even though it’s 4 letters like [name_f]Faye[/name_f], [name_f]Nola[/name_f] is a two-syllable name.

[name_f]Nola[/name_f] with big sister [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is gorgeous. [name_f]Nola[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is beautiful.

[name_f]Nola[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is a beautiful combo. [name_f]Faye[/name_f] and [name_f]Nola[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]!

I love all three. I think I like [name_u]June[/name_u] best with [name_f]Faye[/name_f]. Simple and spunky and vintage. Why not take all three to meet her?

I would stick with [name_u]June[/name_u], personally. [name_f]Faye[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u] are a really great pair. [name_f]Nova[/name_f] and [name_f]Nola[/name_f] ([name_f]Nova[/name_f] in particular!) are much more modern than both [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Faye[/name_f], and I feel like [name_u]June[/name_u] is just a better “match”. [name_f]Nola[/name_f]'s okay (although I’ve never been a huge fan, but my mother is, lol! If she had a fourth daughter today, I’m sure she’d name her [name_f]Nola[/name_f]!), and I like it much more than [name_f]Nova[/name_f], and [name_f]Faye[/name_f] and [name_f]Nola[/name_f] are okay together; I just think [name_u]June[/name_u] works a bit better. For what it’s worth, I was unaware of the Irish roots (although it does make sense). I had always heard it as a nn for either [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], neither of which are Irish. But with [name_f]Fionnuala[/name_f] (sp?), it definitely does make sense.

Good luck!

Thanks so much everyone for the input. I would agree that [name_f]Nova[/name_f] is a little too out there for me, too.

I think it is down to [name_f]Nola[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u].

[name_m]Both[/name_m] are beautiful and I may possibly be the most indecisive person on the planet so it’s going to be hard.

We are from the Midwest so whenever we tell people our name choices they are shocked because they’re more unique. [name_u]Love[/name_u] this site for all of the wonderful users and helpful opinions!!

Keep them coming!

[name_u]June[/name_u]! Can’t go wrong with a classic. [name_f]Nova[/name_f] and [name_f]Nola[/name_f] both seem trendy

I would absolutely double-name her, and call her [name_f]Nola[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u].

[name_f]Faye[/name_f] and [name_f]Nola[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] sound like great sisters.

ps. [name_f]Nova[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] sounds too ‘monthy’ for me… [name_u]November[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u]…

I think [name_u]June[/name_u] goes the best with [name_f]Faye[/name_f]. I do like. [name_f]Nola[/name_f] as well. [name_f]Nova[/name_f] seems like a completely different style than [name_f]Faye[/name_f].

[name_f]Nola[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is stunning!

[name_f]Nola[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] has great flow :slight_smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite sibset for you is [name_f]Faye[/name_f] {and} [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] – equivalent “solid citizens” names, one of which is a nod to your Celtic heritage.

[name_f]My[/name_f] second choice would be [name_u]June[/name_u] – also a “solid citizens” name.

[name_f]Nola[/name_f] and [name_f]Nova[/name_f] are a little too unique and modern-sounding next to [name_f]Faye[/name_f].

[name_u]June[/name_u] gets my vote . I think its way prettier than [name_f]Nola[/name_f] and goes better with big sis [name_f]Faye[/name_f] .

[name_u]June[/name_u] get’s my vote, though I adore [name_f]Nova[/name_f] as well. It’s just, I think [name_u]June[/name_u] fits better with [name_f]Faye[/name_f].

I don’t like [name_f]Nola[/name_f], sorry, but if you really love it (and so does your DH), then use it.