Sister to Maeve and Phoebe?

Our babies are almost 5 months old (how? when?) and we’re obviously not planning to have another baby for a while, but it’s never too soon to start thinking about names, right?

The twins are [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Lucilla[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u] (aka [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_f]Viv[/name_f], [name_u]Luce[/name_u] or [name_u]Skye[/name_u], depending on the day and who you ask) and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_u]Cove[/name_u] (Pheebs, Feef, [name_f]Bee[/name_f] or Carrot Cake because she’s ginger and we think we’re funny). If we’re lucky to have another daughter, I like [name_u]Snow[/name_u] for a potential second middle while the first middle will be decided later on, but will probably honor someone who inspires us or is important to us in some way, might be music-related because [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucilla[/name_f] honor our favorite singers.

Potential first names we like at the moment:
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] - we were never the same after we watched [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Virtue[/name_f] and [name_u]Scott[/name_u] Moir do a gold-winning Moulin Rouge inspired ice dance routine at the [name_u]Winter[/name_u] Olympics in 2018 (go watch it, it’s life-changing) and we tossed this name around when I was pregnant with the twins. I still love it and would gladly use it.
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] - that’s my favorite superhero’s name (is my nerd showing?). It’s also my favorite flower name. Not sure if I want to repeat the final -ee sound that we already have in [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] though.
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] - a new favorite of mine, it’s so pretty and vintage but sassy too. Same problem with the -ee sound though, but I think [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] ______ [name_u]Snow[/name_u] would be lovely.
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] - The Haunting of [name_m]Bly[/name_m] Manor, anyone? What a beautiful name, can’t believe I haven’t considered it before. Might be too nature-y paired with [name_u]Snow[/name_u] though. Also shares the initial F sound with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. Plus there’s [name_f]Florence[/name_f] in the mix already…
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] - a firm favorite of ours for a while now, but not sure if we want to repeat the M initial.
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] - been crushing on it since I posted this thread (Life With Beans baby names). Never been crazy about [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], but [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] hits different. There’s that pesky -ee sound again though…
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] - ugh, we love it so much (big His Dark Material fans), but it’s too close to my better half’s name, [name_f]Laura[/name_f].
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - the thought of a little [name_f]Nell[/name_f] running around is just soooo cute to me. We’ve been obsessed since binge-watching The Haunting of [name_m]Hill[/name_m] House (we need to stop watching TV, we keep finding new names we love).

What do you think? Any favorites from this list? Any names you think I should definitely add?

1 Like

You have a lovely list and I adore your daughters’ names!
I think [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] is my favourite. Despite the -ee ending, it doesn’t sound too similar to [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] since it’s an extra syllable. It’s sweet and elegant, familiar but interesting… [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] ‘’[name_f]Nell[/name_f]‘’ is great as well!
Some ideas:
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgina[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Estella[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] - could also be [name_f]Nell[/name_f] !
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Magdalen[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxy[/name_f]
[name_u]Romilly[/name_u]
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Anais[/name_f]
[name_f]Anouk[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Calla[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Fauna[/name_f]
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_u]Honor[/name_u]
[name_f]Lenore[/name_f]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_f]Orla[/name_f]
[name_f]Aoife[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Maude[/name_f]
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]

1 Like

Felicity, [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], [name_f]Bridget[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] and [name_u]Honor[/name_u] are all names I’ve thought about too! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the idea of [name_f]Maren[/name_f] too, so pretty and such a lovely meaning. We also like [name_f]Roxy[/name_f] (would probably go for [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f] as a full name) - one drawback is that we physically cannot say [name_f]Roxanne[/name_f] without shouting it at the top of our lungs because of the song in Moulin Rouge

2 Likes

Eleanor, [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] are gorgeous (as are your girls’ names!)

Maeve, [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and…

Elodie
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_f]Una[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

Flora fits in quite well!

My favourites for you are [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] “[name_f]Nell[/name_f]”. They sound gorgeous with [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], and avoid the repeating the M, F or ee sounds.

I think we have the same favourite superhero :smile:

Tessa and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] are my favorites!

I LOVE [name_f]Flora[/name_f] with your daughters’ names (which are gorgeous, by the way). I can see what you are saying, but I don’t think it’s too nature-y with [name_u]Snow[/name_u]. I think [name_f]Flora[/name_f] _____ [name_u]Snow[/name_u] would be so beautiful!

Margot is my favorite with your daughters!

Phoebe, [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], & [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Virtue[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u] or [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u] would make a stunning sibset

1 Like

I love [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] so much! [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is really cute too :slight_smile: [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite on the list is [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] for sure. I think it’s so adorable, but I also like [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] a lot

I love LYRA FLORENCE SNOW!

:wind_face:

I think [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] is the perfect sibling to [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. All very distinctive names that have a strong, feminine side - and mostly super cool meanings, if I’m remembering correctly. The first thing that came to mind was [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u] (not really sure why), but [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u], [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u] (a bit rougher but could work), or [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u] are all gorgeous.

I also love the idea of a little [name_f]Nell[/name_f] - [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is gorgeous, as well as [name_f]Lenora[/name_f], [name_f]Elnora[/name_f], [name_f]Elinor[/name_f], or [name_f]Lenore[/name_f], depending on your taste. All of them are pretty names!

Someone mentioned [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], and that would be a gorgeous compliment, too. [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Maren[/name_f] - or [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]. [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], though it does seem quite close to [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] - similar feel, you know?

Roxanne … yeah, I’ve got the same exact problem with that name. :stuck_out_tongue: I mean, it doesn’t fit with any of my other names anyways, but I hear “Roxxaaaannnnneeee” in that gravelly voice every time.

I love your existing daughters’ names! And I think all the names on your list go well. Love the Haunting references in particular.

Maeve, Phoebe, and Sylvie go extremely nicely together (and I like that Sylvie has a V like Maeve and an Ee ending like Phoebe-ties the sister set together for me). Plus they all end in the letter E which is visually appealing to me. Sylvie Eleanor Snow would be stunning

I also really like the idea of Tessa Eleanor Snow for you, or even Eleanor as the first- which gives another cool but subtle pattern of first child - one syllable name, second child - two syllable name, third child - three syllable name, which is fun and subtle.

Daisy (Agents of Shield fan, per chance?) or Flora would also work well.

I would avoid Lyra as someone who has a name and nickname very similar to my mother’s given name and her mommy title. And I just don’t love Amelie. I think you have better options. I don’t love sibs sharing initials so Margot is out for me too

I love [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] or [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - beautiful names, fit well with set, and no repeated sounds.