Swan

Perhaps this is a silly thought, but I was wondering about whether [name_f]Swan[/name_f] might be a pretty name for a girl. If [name_u]Wren[/name_u], why not [name_f]Swan[/name_f]?

Swan makes me think of Once Upon a Time. Character’s first name is [name_f]Emma[/name_f], last name [name_f]Swan[/name_f], but is nicknamed [name_f]Swan[/name_f] throughout the series. I think [name_f]Swan[/name_f] is soft, but strong, and elegant, but trendy, if all of that makes sense. Definitely usable!

5 Likes

Once upon a time and [name_u]Twilight[/name_u].
Swans are mean.
Swanlake and Ugly duckling.
Sounds alot like Swine (as in swine flu).

So true and I love that show too.

I actually LOVE Swan! It feels very elegant and I don’t think it would be out of place with other nature names like River, Wren, Marigold, Rain/Raine, Ocean etc. I myself have Raven on my list (for a boy). I think it’s totally usable! Some suggestions for middles:

Swan Carys
Swan Delilah
Swan Adele
Swan Pricilla
Swan Elise
Swan Eugenie
Swan Felicity
Swan Ariella
Swan Olympus
Swan Alexis

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I did think of the ugly duckling, but I think of Swans as beautiful and elegant. I never considered them as mean.

Swan [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] really stood out for me. That’s a beautiful pairing.

1 Like

If people name their kids [name_u]Wolf[/name_u], [name_u]Fox[/name_u], [name_u]Raven[/name_u] and [name_u]Dove[/name_u], why not [name_f]Swan[/name_f]? I say go for it!

The name is not my style. It just doesn’t sound pleasing to the ears and I don’t have a great history with the animals either. I do however LOVE the connotations of [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Swan[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Swann from Pirates of the Caribbean.

2 Likes

Swan is very pretty! I love [name_u]Wren[/name_u] it’s been on my list for a while! I would say I prefer [name_f]Swan[/name_f] as a middle name. I heard of someone who named their daughter [name_f]Allegra[/name_f] [name_f]Swan[/name_f] and I thought it was beautiful!

3 Likes

Allegra [name_f]Swan[/name_f] does sound very pretty.

1 Like

I absolutely love the name [name_f]Swan[/name_f]. I fell in love with it thanks to [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Swan[/name_f] also, she’s called it often and I always thought it was so beautiful and cool! Other animal names are popular, so I can’t see why [name_f]Swan[/name_f] couldnt work!!

Also, swans are known for their beauty and elegance, I would never associate the name with ugly or mean!! I also don’t personally think anyone would mix up [name_f]Swan[/name_f] and swine! They’re both pretty well known words!

2 Likes

I don’t think it has a particularly appealing sound, and despite never reading the books or watching the movies, my first thought is actually Twilight. It’s not for me, and I don’t know if I could personally picture it. Doesn’t mean it wouldn’t work, I just can’t visualize a girl named [name_f]Swan[/name_f] at the moment.

I’m gonna second the [name_u]Twilight[/name_u] affiliation. This gives me a :grimacing: :grimacing: feeling about using it as a first name.

I just feel like some of the other names mentioned ([name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_u]Raven[/name_u], [name_u]Wren[/name_u]) flow off the tongue easier than [name_f]Swan[/name_f].

But as most would agree, if you love it, go for it!

1 Like

I think it would work fine as a name. It makes me think of Once Upon a Time, not [name_u]Twilight[/name_u] (never seen or read the books/movies so it took me a minute to get that association).

I love [name_f]Swan[/name_f] as a middle but for some reason I don’t see it as a first but I tend to prefer animal names as middles in general.

I think as a middle name it’s lovely. [name_f]Odette[/name_f] is pretty too which means swan.

2 Likes

Swan is elegant, and could be usable amongst all the Foxes and Bears out there.

I also like the idea of Cygnet as maybe a middle as that means a baby swan

I personally don’t like [name_f]Swan[/name_f] as a first name. Maybe in a middle spot.

What about the [name_u]French[/name_u] Cygne? I think it sounds better and doesn’t have the [name_u]Twilight[/name_u] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Swan[/name_f] connection.

I think I would use it as a middle but I can’t picture it as a first xoxo Not a bad name though :))