The 2-entry Teaser Game!

I just came up with the idea for this game! It is very similar to the original teaser game, except that for each word, the next poster posts two different short excerpts from different parts in a story (or two different stories) with that word in them. I think it would be cool to see how the word is used in slightly different ways in different scenarios!

For example:

P1: First word: out
P2: ~“[name_m]Just[/name_m] keep breathing. We’ll figure out what to do about your ankle.”
~ “I’m here,” she said, bending down and spreading out her supplies.
Next word: carry

Let’s give it a try, see how it goes!

First word: much

Calliope shot her a venomous look, and [name_f]Abriana[/name_f] looked back with just as much poison in her eyes.

Over the next week, [name_f]Cressa[/name_f] became much closer with us as well as the the [name_u]Four[/name_u] Stars.

next word:
back

1 Like

She pulled back the blanket [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] had placed on her and, upon seeing him looking over from the kitchen, furrowed her brow.

He struggled to keep his body still for [name_f]Amara[/name_f] but managed to grasp the corner of the afghan between his fingertips. He laid it across her body, tucking the edge around her back.

Next word: right

“Dad,”, she asked, it didn’t feel right, “can I have a phone?”

Left and right students of all ages were running around her and not taking notice of her.

next: take

Perry blinked, frozen in place. “Wh-what?” she stammered, taken aback. I gave [name_u]Perry[/name_u] a meaningful look and she tensed her jaw.

Zed motioned for [name_u]River[/name_u] to take the seat next to him.

next word: next

“Next time,” [name_m]Jack[/name_m] clenched his fists so hard his knuckles turned white. “Next time there will be no mercy.”

The current tore at her as she clung to the log for dear life.

Next word: clung

They hold me in a trance almost, and I cling on to every word he speaks.

Pushing myself up from the ground, I wipe off the leaves and dust clinging to my clothes.

next: dust