The All About Nameberry Quick Question Thread

Either is good! I suppose it’s more of a name we’ve missed but it really doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Is there a setting to remove topics created by ignored users from my “new” page? I ignored them because I don’t want to see their stuff :’)

Have the topics definitely been created since you ignored the user?

Yes

… I don’t know, then, I’m afraid. I thought “Ignore” was supposed to nix all topics started by the ignored user from everywhere, but maybe only the category feeds and “Latest” are included? Sorry not to be more help!

You could also try logging out and in again (the NB version of “turn it off and on again”) just in case it’s a temporary glitch.

2 Likes

silly question, how do you add the lines in posts to separate things you are saying?
for example @/AStudyIn_Scarlet’s response to this topic - ~ fake blog entries for all of us/scenarios associated with names! has one! i’ve been trying to figure it out for a while now and just figured i’d ask haha!

@readingreverie Three underscores or dashes in a row!

Each have the same effect. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

thank you, stella :smiling_face:

asterisks also work! :blush:

2 Likes

No, only staff can read post edits (moderator or admin).

idk if this has been mentioned before but can other games besides caf get a subcategory? I often tend to find one that gets lost or see someone create a new thread for a game with the same rules b/c they didn’t see/know the other thread existed or felt like the previous thread died.

Subcategory ideas:
[name_u]Love[/name_u] Like Lose
AB CD
Drop one/two fav or least fav
100 points
etc

1 Like

The trouble is, we are now getting a lot of requests for various different subcategories and implementing these would make the forum a lot more complicated and difficult to navigate for casual visitors and new users.

I understand it is frustrating when duplicate topics get posted but you can request accidental duplicates or defunct older threads to be locked using the flag tool.

It means they were already suspended when we moved the forums over to Discourse in 2020.

1 Like

So on mobile NB hasn’t been working and I keep getting the 404 page, it’s been like that for a week straight by now. I’m wondering if you know if there’s something up with the site itself causing this or if it’s my own device?

Edit- I should say that I haven’t been able to access it at all over the week on mobile, it’s not just sporadically not working

1 Like

I’ve also gotten these errors quite a few times the last few days!

Sorry to hear that! I haven’t heard anything but can check with the team. Is it still happening today?

@regionlatbest @leafygreens

As of now yes :smiling_face_with_tear:

What browser/device are you using?

iOS and Safari/Google :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There has been a bit of work done on the site in recent days, which could perhaps have caused this. Could you please reboot your browser and let me know if this continues to happen? And if so, which pages (main site, forums, specific blog posts, etc.) Thanks for your patience!

1 Like