The All About Nameberry Quick Question Thread

What makes someone a “Senior Member”, “[name_m]Junior[/name_m] Member”, “Regular”, “Leader”, etc etc etc?

Is it just a matter of time? Like, the fact I joined years ago?

Senior Member, Member and Junior Member are automatically brought from the old platform and don’t mean anything anymore.

Regular and Leader are trust levels :slight_smile: https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/

1 Like

@penelope_lynson — [name_f]My[/name_f] title means nothing! :scream::cry::sob:

What did it used to mean?
And how do we get trust powers to move threads about and use the force?

1 Like

In the old platform, titles were depending on number of posts:
0-15: [name_m]Junior[/name_m] Member
15-100: Member
100+: Senior Member
(as I remember, not so sure)

Information about trust levels can be found here.

3 Likes

Thanks for the link, both times. It was very helpful!

1 Like

Thank you, @penelope_lynson, spot on!

@tp_b If you want to change your user title to reflect your [name_u]Trust[/name_u] Level, you can do so in your Preferences, under Account > Title.

2 Likes

Title changing option appeared when I became a regular, is it different now?

Hmn… maybe not. I don’t see an option under Account for Title.

Ah, OK, possibly it’s another TL3+ perk in that case! “Senior Member” sounds pretty important though :wink:

2 Likes

It does! I’ll wear it gladly.

1 Like

One of the requirements for becoming a regular is “not having more than 5 flagged posts”. If a Regular reaches that limit, will they lose their trust level? I guess so, but wanted to ask.

I would assume so.

1 Like

I noticed a few people recently asking about creating a poll. Is it worth pining? Or having a link / article for reference?

Pinned! :+1:

1 Like

Who writes the descriptions on the name database of the names? How often are they updated?

That varies hugely.

New name entries are added by current members of staff.

Old entries may have been added by members of staff, or may have been brought directly over from Pam and Linda’s original baby name books, which is what the original database was based on.

In general, the entries are not updated systematically as a whole (there are over 77k names here!) but any new high-profile births or associations are added when they happen.

We are also continually working to amend entries which users have flagged up to us as being either outdated/potentially offensive, or factually inaccurate. These are the relevant topics for doing that :point_down:

2 Likes

Does green team mean unisex names?

Team green or team yellow means the parents haven’t chosen to find out the sex.

So they’re either looking for girl and boy suggestions, or unisex suggestions.

2 Likes

Thanks [name_f]Katinka[/name_f]!

1 Like

Is it possible to have multiple topic drafts?

1 Like