The All About Nameberry Quick Question Thread

No, that’s the old/original list. I know there has been talk recently about updating it for further in the future (2050) but it hasn’t happened just yet.

1 Like

good to know, thank you so much!

Starting ~10 minutes ago, every time I try to go to a name page on the site, I get a 404: this page could not be found error and the url changes to “nameberry.com/undefined” (unisex names add another /girl or /boy at the end depending on which I’m trying to view). It’s only happening when I use the search bar – I can still access the pages from name links on the forums and by using the advanced search feature.

Is there site maintenance that might be causing this right now, or is it just my side of things?

1 Like

Same issue here, but it started for me around 8:45.

I can still access name pages if I click through to them from the home page or if i input the url manually.

1 Like

This was happening to me a few hours ago! I assumed it was just something on my end

1 Like

It’s happening to me too! I’ll let the tech side know urgently (they probably know already and are working on it). Thanks so much for the catch!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m glad to know it’s not just my computer acting up (as it has a tendency to do :woman_facepalming:)

1 Like

[name_m]Even[/name_m] though I’m trust level 4 (leader), is it still possible for me to lose my Lounge access (tl3)? I’ve been very inactive lately, but haven’t lost access and am really hoping I don’t, as I still read it everyday.

No, TL4 overrides TL3. I hope you’re doing OK.

1 Like

is there a number of likes you can give?

[name_u]Max[/name_u] 100 likes in a 24 h period.

1 Like

[off topic]

Thanks @katinka, you’re the loveliest - right back at you. :hearts:

I am doing OK - life just got pretty busy for me, just getting ready to make a big cross-country move… Lots of changes for me!

2 Likes

Aww :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Good luck!

1 Like

why do some lowercased names that begin with an accent get linked? such as [name_m]ángel[/name_m] and [name_f]áine[/name_f], to name a few.

1 Like

No idea! I guess it’s something to with how the accent names are/were recorded in the database. There used to be lots of issues with capitalisation or weird characters showing up, mostly resolved now but maybe this is a hangover.

1 Like

oh okay, interesting! thank you!

1 Like

I have a question about making a list! I’m trying to make one for the first time since the switch, and it’s obviously very different looking. I was able to make the list (name + make it private), but when I go to add names, it says to click the save button afterwards. I can’t seem to find the save button though? I wasn’t sure if I was just missing something, or if there was a bug or something. Probably just me being dumb, which is why I came to ask :sweat_smile:
I was just wondering if someone could help me, please and thank you!!

Also, if it helps, I’m on mobile!

After typing each name in, hit Enter/Return, Comma or [name_u]Tab[/name_u] and the name will be “locked” in a grey square within the box.

Then you should see a red Save button appear at the bottom. The button only appears if names are added or removed.

I hope that helps. If you’re doing all this and there’s still no box, let me know and I’ll investigate further.

1 Like

thanks so much for getting back to me! I’m relieved to know it wasn’t just me being dumb :sweat_smile: when I enter in names, I don’t get the gray squares. I’m assuming that’s why I don’t get the save button. I’m not sure what to try next.
thank you for trying to help, I appreciate it!

Have you tried all of those buttons? Return, tab or comma after each individual name?

Is it the same in the girl and not box?

What device and browser are you using?

1 Like