The All About Nameberry Quick Question Thread

[name_m]Just[/name_m] out of curiosity, how often does the “Top [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Names on Nameberry” list update?

[name_f]Every[/name_f] month, but not necessarily on 1st!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

what does voting for a topic mean?

It’s an option that can be enabled, I believe it’s similar to upvote/downvote on other platforms.

1 Like

@regionlatbest pretty sure that’s someone’s pfp :slight_smile:

also has anyone else been having problems when quoting people? like i just tried to quote a user, and when i posted it removed the quote with a little edit symbol showing

1 Like

I know! I just meant like, why do they sometimes show up empty and unclickable?
I’m sorry, I realize I definitely did not explain my question properly :sweat_smile: thank you for responding to me anyway!!

1 Like

no worries, i do it all the time :joy:

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not alone at least :sweat_smile:

1 Like

if you quote the person that replied directly above you, nameberry doesn’t like that and removes the quote for some reason!

3 Likes

ohhh that makes sense, thank you ellory!

1 Like

I’ve seen a lot of people on here put symbols replacing letters instead of spelling them normally, why is that? For example using 3liz@b3th instead of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]? It just makes it harder to read and doesn’t make sense to me.

Is it because they don’t want it to link to the name’s nameberry page? If so, I feel like there are better options for that. For example: Elizabeth’ [Elizabeth] Elizabeth/ Elizabeth* Elizabeth• “Elizabeth”

I just learned this recently! It’s because they’re names of real people, and if you spell them with some characters instead of all letters, they don’t show up on google/internet searches, therefore protecting the person/people’s privacy, especially if you’re putting a sibset or full name

4 Likes

that makes sense! thank you!

1 Like

hey I was just wondering what happened to the Lounge? Does it not exist or did I get booted? (I didn’t post for like 4 1/2 months so that would make sense lol)

It still exists, seems like the latter unfortunately!

2 Likes

I believe one of my posts was deleted. I’m wondering why since I don’t believe I broke any community rules. The only reason why I can think of is that it contained a word that is not offensive and would be found in any psychology textbook. Is there some kind of ban on such words?

What was the post? I can see one in your recent history containing a word that sounds like it might be what you’re referring to, and it’s still there as far as I can see.

I’ve seen a couple users attach audio recordings to their posts (unfortunately I don’t have any examples off the top of my head), any idea how to do that? It would really help me clarify pronunciation if I could post an audio recording!

You have to record the audio separately, eg. on your mobile phone, then upload the file in exactly the same way as you would an image.

1 Like