The All About Nameberry Quick Question Thread

why did the colors on the notification panel change?

4 Likes

I’m curious about this too, because it makes it harder to see if I’ve read notifications or not, as well as the fact that it doesn’t tell me by my profile photo what number of notifications I have.

It looks like there’s been a Discourse update! I’ll see if there’s a way to turn the notification bubbles back on.

1 Like

I noticed the color change and I’m assuming it’s a Discourse update? The notifications are still by my pfp tho

Actually, mine too. They disappear once the menu is opened it seems, even if not viewed directly.

Yeah, it’s been like that for ages. It’s sometimes really annoying

The notification number has begun showing up again!

1 Like

[name_m]Can[/name_m] anybody tell me what YD stands for? I feel a bit silly asking, but couldn’t figure it out :sweat_smile:
thank you!

everyone’s uc has been showing up like this for me on mobile. is there a way to fix this?

Oh no! Could you add which type of phone and browser you are using? That may be helpful in understanding the issue.

1 Like

uhm, y’all? is my username showing up as “moonlight” for anyone else… on my end it seems to have got 'round to translating itself…

No, was it google’s auto translate?

1 Like

Maybe? I logged on to Nameberry and was like “oh, there’s a new user”… and then “oh darn that’s me”

1 Like

It’s an iPhone 14 and I’m on safari :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Are you still experiencing this issue?

BTW, this is how your UC displays for me.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] so you can have the satisfaction of seeing it displayed properly before it’s fixed for you :blush:

1 Like

yes! [name_f]Every[/name_f] uc appears like that and has for a few weeks now.

not totally sure but it almost looks like how nameberry shows up when I look at it on my computer- it doesn’t look like the mobile format i usually see when I use my phone

1 Like

That’s interesting. You definitely have mobile view and not desktop selected in your settings?
@katinka, one for Hugh?

I don’t think I’ve seen this one! Which context have you seen it used in?

Random guess: Young Daughter?

This would be my first thought too @Evergreeninrain. You could also try private/incognito mode to disable any extensions that might b interfering with the display.

1 Like

so sorry to come back to this, @katinka but is this something I would find in my nameberry settings? I can’t seem to find anything about mobile view anywhere

I feel kind of silly!! :sweat_smile:

It’s a setting on your internet browser. How I’d change this is by clicking the three dots on the top right and scrolling down to find the option mobile/desktop site/view. Check mobile :crossed_fingers:t2:

Screenshots

I’m already in mobile view so it’s giving me the option to change to desktop. Is yours giving you a mobile view option? When checked it may automatically refresh or you may have to manually refresh the page for mobile view to kick in. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

1 Like