The All About Nameberry Quick Question Thread

Just now I tried to quote and only the text appeared when I posted. Clicking on the “edited” icon that showed up, it told me the system automatically deleted the quote. Does anyone know why that happens? Are particular things not quotable, or…?

When you quote the whole of the previous post, it automatically gets deleted

2 Likes

1 Like

Oh right, got it. :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks

I keep getting this when I type responses:

But, of course, it’s not being edited in another window. Am I the only one? [name_u]Or[/name_u] is this a common new issue?

I often see this since switching to Discourse

Interesting! I hadn’t seen it before today.

I think this sometimes happens at busy times. Are you seeing this every time or just sometimes?

1 Like

Not every time, just a few times so far.

1 Like

OK. I have had this a few times myself in the past, not for a while, though. [name_m]Can[/name_m] you let me know if it persists? We may need to add more server space.

1 Like

Absolutely. I haven’t seen it yet this morning, so hopefully it isn’t going to be a constant thing.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure where to post this, so hopefully here is okay! I’m pretty sure the name links aren’t working currently. Usually after posting a comment, the names will automatically link after a few seconds/minutes. I’ve noticed that comments that were posted from around an hour ago to now do not have name links. I wasnt sure if you knew about it, sorry if you already did!!

2 Likes

No, I haven’t seen this. Thanks! I’ll take a look…

1 Like

Is @system a real person/people?

No, it’s an automated account which makes service announcements and things like that. Although for some strange reason, when we made the switch to Discourse it did pick up some old posts from other accounts, which is why you’ll occasionally see it in conversation when browsing old topics.

7 Likes

Oh, that makes sense! I’ve seen it has the ‘nice reply’ badge and the reply in question is not bot-generated :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. thank you!

4 Likes

I’ve noticed this, too, and I don’t remember this being the case before. (Though maybe I just never tried to edit a poll after the first 5 minutes.) [name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering, is there anything that can be done about this @katinka? If not, I’m sure it’s not that important. But it would be nice, I think. :slight_smile:

Even admin can’t change polls after 5 mins, it’s part of the software unfortunately (and has been since the start). I agree it would be useful though!

1 Like

How do you close a topic?

You can only do it at a certain [name_u]Trust[/name_u] Level (I think 4). If you have a topic you’d like to close, please link it below or in a PM and I will deal with it for you.